Rubio hears out House conservatives on immigration

Jun 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Sen. Marco Rubio , R-Fla., sought support from House conservatives Wednesday for far-reaching immigration legislation, but many lawmakers emerged from their meeting deeply skeptical of any comprehensive bill with a pathway to citizenship for immigrants here illegally.

Comments
41 - 46 of 46 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dick Holder

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

spud wrote:
Rubio is a good talker and a Cuban, that's why he was installed as the token leader for the neocons push for amnesty. Rubio only answers to the neocon leadership. If he meets with the real Republicans it's only to try to convince them to follow his neocon bosses. He's a liar and a weasel who has exposed himself. He's damaged goods for all future elections. The neocon leadership used him. He was expendable from the beginning.
The only damaged goods here is the GOP. But because of the gayness of the SCOTUS, the GOP chances of getting power has just increased.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

spud wrote:
Rubio is a good talker and a Cuban, that's why he was installed as the token leader for the neocons push for amnesty. Rubio only answers to the neocon leadership. If he meets with the real Republicans it's only to try to convince them to follow his neocon bosses. He's a liar and a weasel who has exposed himself. He's damaged goods for all future elections. The neocon leadership used him. He was expendable from the beginning.
Exactly....
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Mexican authorities regularly deport Chinese, Russians, El Salvadorans, etc, for being in Mexico illegally. In almost 100% of the cases, the ultimate destination for these people is the US.
I don't hear anyone thanking the Mexican authorities.
I applaud the mexicans so much that I think we should adpot their immigration policy:

1. Only professionals or investors can immigrate to the country. No unskilled laborers will be allowed in. Investors must be able to invest at least 40,000 times the daily average wage. If they can't, they are not allowed in.

2. Immigrants may purchase property, but locations and availability will be limited. Ocean front property cannot be purchased by immigrants. It is exclusively for citizens born in the country.

3. Immigrants cannot vote nor can they be elected to any public office.

4. Immigrants cannot collect any type of government assistance.

5. Immigrants cannot protest the countries government, policies or president.

6. Immigrants cannot display a flag of a foreign country.

7. Immigrants who have illegally entered the country will be found and imprisoned.

Yep these are the immigration laws of Mexico. Let's adopt these!
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Mexican authorities regularly deport Chinese, Russians, El Salvadorans, etc, for being in Mexico illegally. In almost 100% of the cases, the ultimate destination for these people is the US.
I don't hear anyone thanking the Mexican authorities.
did you know that mexico also deports mexicans 11million at a time
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

All you have to do is listen to Rubio talk after todays vote and you can see what a weasel he is. The Republicans must be really hurting or their leadership is really stupid to support this guy and everything he says. (I vote for the stupid scenario). I favor conservatism but the Republican parties leadership is far from that. There are just too many stupid neocons in leadership positions of the Republican party. That's why we can't win the Presidency. Neocons are against the people.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

spud wrote:
Rubio has peeled back some of his layers, and it's pretty clear all that he says is just what he thinks the audience to which he is speaking, wants to hear...he's a true,conniving politician after all, not the breath of fresh air he was touted as being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••