How has immigration affected your life?

Jul 26, 2010 Full story: connecttheworld.blogs.cnn.com 142

As the U.S. state of Arizona prepares to enact a new law which will allow police officers to ask for proof of residency from anyone being investigated for a crime, the spotlight has shifted on the role immigration plays on developed countries around the world.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
ANOTHER VICTIM

AOL

#1 Jul 26, 2010
Well, it is about time!!I for one know what it is like to be a victim of fraud, and knowing that our very own Federal Government protects immigrants legal or not, more than she does her own citizens.

The example I give is no further than at our door in Leesburg - a Virginia Department of Health employee who as a foreign national has reportedly been a registered voter in VA for over 9 years - and as part of that process certified themselves to be a US Citizen - just like those of us that really are.

After 9 years a registered voter, this current VDH employee Named Sylvia Cundall (source state directory) remains employed by the State despite having been indicted by the Loudoun Grand Jury, been tried and pled guilty at a plea hearing.(Sylvia Abanto Cundall - this is public information in Virginia's Court system) One knows a 'plea' offsets those other closet skeletons. VDH knew last year of this employees voter registration AND Nationality - and did NOTHING!!

Now, my e-mail has been rejected AGAIN from the Internal auditor at VDH (have tried 4 times)- my citizen right to address my grievances had been abridged. I do not appear to have the untouchable rights of a non-citizen to complain, behave, deceive, and act as I wish.~~

Very little attention is afforded to these significant matters - particularly when involving immigration. This person, once my wife, used this voter card as an assurance of her legal status to convince me that she was not seeking papers.(this is how I became aware of it's existence) When married I sponsored her and her daughter - then guess what?? they never moved in, and there was no marital household!! I tried annulment just after daughter's possession charges, finally divorcing her unmoved entity.
I don't think I was her first 'shot' at the coveted immigration prize of permanent residency.

Needless to say I withdrew my affidavit of support for both mother and daughter not 1/2 way through her conditional residency - but that was over 2 years ago; she still works at VDH in Leesburg and has the umbrella of these 'sheltered protected immigrant rights'.(Citizens would be lucky to have the same protections) I hope the State did not sponsor a work Visa for her - with evidence of this crime in their hands.

I am left paying in a reorganization plan for the home and expenses that were originally agreed upon as mutual expenses at the commencement of the marriage.(It is supposed to be a contract) I think it is incomprehensible that a person can marry for papers, never live with the spouse, and so easily convince immigration that there was legitimacy to a marriage. Fascinating stuff!!

This was one which never even led to a marital home or assets. Go figure!! Then you hear of legitimate immigrants who fear every step of their immigration process.(must be the honest ones)and often do not succeed regardless of honesty. Well, Voter registration Fraud is not honesty in any realm of the world. Denying one's marriage is Fraud.

Really,..I mean how much fraud crosses the threshold of reason? I hope that this increases awareness of how successful brazen fraud can be.

NOW, as life really works in mysterious ways, I was mailed a copy of my ex-wife's National Identity Card from Peru; this was sent anonymously, and with no return address.
This document was subject to renewal in July 2006, and it appears that in this renewal little more than 2 months after marrying me, Sylvia declared herself to be a 'single' person - in her home country's most important legal document!! hardly a sign of a bona-fide marriage!
It appears we allow people with known criminal engagements to commit fraud - yet they remain legal?

Sure there are legitimate immigrants that desire a new life - and that is a good thing! But the ones that shortcut and cheat the system - they should be removed - the criminal elements??..well, we don't need more than we already have!!
...AND it is useless to discuss damages of these acts - the laws are ignored.
leftunknown

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 26, 2010
cause if thiss stupid law my father was token away livin in miami for over 20 years a hard workin man token from his family left two sons a daughter and a wife to work nd pay bills our whole family devestaed and depressd i as his 12 year old daughter i felt as if had nothin too live for after going too see him for two weeks at our country leving him in the airport borke my heart i did not want to leave him i hugged him as if it was our last hug my mom very deppresd having sleeping dissorders wif dreams of my father tourterd her mind and my brothers left with the pressure to find jobs.and this year will be the first that my father isnt there to encourage me on the first dayyy.. so you tellme is this law against imigants really worth instaed of spending monney on keepin people away that do j0bs that noone els would do for less moneyy really worth it we should be spendin iht on helpin the poor our natin our wrold our youth and old.feeling what i felt was horrilble i felt as if they took my wrold away hearing songs whatching tv everything and anything will remind him of me and i would cryy
student

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 27, 2010
After graduating from a community college trade program I can not get a job roofing, pouring concrete, ect..

I see crews of all Hispanic men, speaking only Spanish working though.
Raydot

Adelanto, CA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Illegal aliens have taken all of our jobs because Obama let them. Have a nice Mexican flag burning day.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#5 Jul 27, 2010
student wrote:
After graduating from a community college trade program I can not get a job roofing, pouring concrete, ect..
I see crews of all Hispanic men, speaking only Spanish working though.
Maybe you should have been more wiser and selected an education that's more than just manual labor. You know, like using your brain!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Illegal immigration has effected me by encouraging me to learn a second language, Spanish. Other effects are the delicious taco trucks, elote men, and other shopping cart delicatessens that they sell every single day in my neighborhood.

Muy sabroso!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#7 Jul 27, 2010
Raydot wrote:
Illegal aliens have taken all of our jobs because Obama let them. Have a nice Mexican flag burning day.
Thanks for proving to everyone that your just another example of inbred trailer trash.
ANOTHER VICTIM

AOL

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Raydot - we should really question whether Obama is an illegal alien...let's chew on that one..!!
Rita

Bullard, TX

#9 Jul 31, 2010
leftunknown wrote:
cause if thiss stupid law my father was token away livin in miami for over 20 years a hard workin man token from his family left two sons a daughter and a wife to work nd pay bills our whole family devestaed and depressd i as his 12 year old daughter i felt as if had nothin too live for after going too see him for two weeks at our country leving him in the airport borke my heart i did not want to leave him i hugged him as if it was our last hug my mom very deppresd having sleeping dissorders wif dreams of my father tourterd her mind and my brothers left with the pressure to find jobs.and this year will be the first that my father isnt there to encourage me on the first dayyy.. so you tellme is this law against imigants really worth instaed of spending monney on keepin people away that do j0bs that noone els would do for less moneyy really worth it we should be spendin iht on helpin the poor our natin our wrold our youth and old.feeling what i felt was horrilble i felt as if they took my wrold away hearing songs whatching tv everything and anything will remind him of me and i would cryy
You know, if your Dad had come to this country legally, this would not have happened. So who are you blaming? Put the blame on him. All the illegals, know when they come to this country, this can happen to them, they go ahead and come here anyway. Illegal is illegal, which ever way you slice it.
Rita

Bullard, TX

#10 Jul 31, 2010
Rico from East Los II wrote:
Illegal immigration has effected me by encouraging me to learn a second language, Spanish. Other effects are the delicious taco trucks, elote men, and other shopping cart delicatessens that they sell every single day in my neighborhood.
Muy sabroso!!!
They, have not encouraged me in anything. If they are here legally, thats one thing, being here illegally is another.

“ Divided We Fall ”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 31, 2010
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have been more wiser and selected an education that's more than just manual labor. You know, like using your brain!
Thanks for proving what a stupid idiot you are.

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#12 Aug 1, 2010
Rita

Bullard, TX

#13 Aug 1, 2010
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving to everyone that your just another example of inbred trailer trash.
Raydot, I, notice Rico is from East Los, that spells it all, He, is so smart he is probably sitting on the right hand of( Nancy) the speaker of the house. Raydot, see if you can check into this.
Adriana

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Aug 1, 2010
America is built on immigration. I love diversity. To my left I have black neighbors, to my right I have Chinese and across I have my fellow Mexicans, love it. Immigration hasnt affected me in any bad way.

“Natural laws have no pity”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 1, 2010
Adriana wrote:
America is built on immigration. I love diversity. To my left I have black neighbors, to my right I have Chinese and across I have my fellow Mexicans, love it. Immigration hasnt affected me in any bad way.
The question was "How has immigration affected your life?" not "How has immigration adversely affected your life?"

Since: Jun 10

United States

#16 Aug 1, 2010
<quoted text>
Don't you love how so many people whine about Mexicans or illegal aliens stealing their jobs? Then in the next breath they call them "illiterate," "stupid," "lazy."

Geez, who's the stupid one if you let someone steal your job that you think is "illiterate," "stupid" or "lazy?" And besides that, can't speak English? LOL!

United States

#17 Aug 1, 2010
Agent of Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>The question was "How has immigration affected your life?" not "How has immigration adversely affected your life?"
Oh please. Most of the posts here minus a couple are all about people complaining about how immigration has "adversely" affected their lives. You support and encourage that kind of posting and that's why you posted the article, to enlist negative comments against illegal aliens. Who are you kidding?
Desert Rat

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2010
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Most of the posts here minus a couple are all about people complaining about how immigration has "adversely" affected their lives. You support and encourage that kind of posting and that's why you posted the article, to enlist negative comments against illegal aliens. Who are you kidding?
One doesn't have to ENLIST adverse comments about these foreign criminal scum, fool. Only dimwits like you who apparantly view the world through a cannabis haze seem ignorant of the adverse affects of these parasites.

United States

#19 Aug 1, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
One doesn't have to ENLIST adverse comments about these foreign criminal scum, fool. Only dimwits like you who apparantly view the world through a cannabis haze seem ignorant of the adverse affects of these parasites.
LMAO! I rest my case.

No "cannabis haze" here. Looks like you're the "dimwit" to me.

Rightwing extremists are so rude. LOL!

“Natural laws have no pity”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#20 Aug 1, 2010
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Rose, but in this you are incorrect.
Was I insulting on the person that I replied to?
No, I wasn't.
Does the question say anything about illegal aliens?
Again, no it doesn't.
What others post is not under my control, it is their opinion and unless it advocates causing harm to others it should be respected, just as you would like your opinion to be respected.
I do not like the bitchiness of some posts but do I normally respond to them? Nope.
Immigration (both legal and illegal)affects everyone to some degree.
It has affected me in both positively and negatively in various ways and that is what put me on the path I have taken. I am honest in the fact that I dislike illegal aliens and have no problem saying so.
I'm not here to argue with you about this, if you want a verbal(actually typed, but why quibble?) punching bag find someone else. You may disagree with me if you want just as I can disagree with you but we also may totally ignore each other if we want.
;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Paso-area advocates want long-lasting immigr... 1 hr L Morales 25
Twenty years after Prop. 187, attitudes toward ... 2 hr Bama Yankee 1
NYC Schools Brace For Thousands of New Illegal ... 2 hr Bama Yankee 1
Boehner weighs expanding suit over Obama execut... 3 hr Hooogle It 253
O'Reilly Asks Why Deported Illegal Aliens Who R... 5 hr Earl 13
Obama amnesty leaves most illegalimmigrants sti... 5 hr wild child 1
Obama says executive order on immigration legal... 5 hr wild child 2

Illegal Immigration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE