89 detained undocumented immigrants t...

89 detained undocumented immigrants test positive for tuberculosis

There are 19 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 23, 2014, titled 89 detained undocumented immigrants test positive for tuberculosis. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

ARTESIA >> A total of 89 undocumented immigrants detained at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center have tested positive on the tuberculosis, or TB, skin test, but no individual has actually contracted the disease according to J.R. Doporto, a Carlsbad city councilor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jul 23, 2014
Center's for infectious disease's better be invited into Obama's World.....TB is difficult to eradicate. Also, today the Guatamalan Mayor appeared on an interview, saying we want our people back... WTF, they sent them here because they're poor and sick. Come on...What more information does this idiot in DC need? Go the F#&Ck home.... Now.
wild child

Bronx, NY

#3 Jul 23, 2014
The hondouras pesident said he is expecting mass deportations, so why are they still here, deport.this is all about money.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 23, 2014
all these kids need federal vouchers to attend the obamas kids private school for free. after all, it's for the chillrens

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6 Jul 24, 2014
wild child wrote:
The hondouras pesident said he is expecting mass deportations, so why are they still here, deport.this is all about money.
You bet it is! He wants 3 billion to solve a problem that his own party is responsible for. Pelosi, another champion for illegal immigration thinks they only need 2 billion for a solution.

It would be cheaper to buy a brand new fleet of 2015 model year tour busses and give them to whoever drives it over the border along with new cloths and some cash for everybody on board.

Maybe even bonus cash for those new tour bus owners to return and take another bus full back over the border.
Soul

Hilton Head Island, SC

#7 Jul 24, 2014
Have witnessed this first hand here in SC. One Illegal was constantly
Coughing and wheezing. Lived at 4 seasons resort in 2 bedroom apt. Along with 16 other men, women and children. This a stack a shack wood framed mobile home type facility. Finally went to free medical clinic and the very next day, the state closed down 8 apts. and had more than 50 Ilegals quarantined. Payed their rent, electric, and food needs for 5 months while trying to eradicate the this super strong strain of TB. The money that we are having to pay to cover events like this is crazy. This never something that is made public. This is everywhere the nurse told me. This is just one event here and no telling how many cases on going we do not know about. We need to be working toward massive deportation. This is our fault for not marching to force their removal, the way they March here to demand that we give them everything for free.
Bring It

Beverly, MA

#8 Jul 24, 2014
Soul wrote:
Have witnessed this first hand here in SC. One Illegal was constantly
Coughing and wheezing. Lived at 4 seasons resort in 2 bedroom apt. Along with 16 other men, women and children. This a stack a shack wood framed mobile home type facility. Finally went to free medical clinic and the very next day, the state closed down 8 apts. and had more than 50 Ilegals quarantined. Payed their rent, electric, and food needs for 5 months while trying to eradicate the this super strong strain of TB. The money that we are having to pay to cover events like this is crazy. This never something that is made public. This is everywhere the nurse told me. This is just one event here and no telling how many cases on going we do not know about. We need to be working toward massive deportation. This is our fault for not marching to force their removal, the way they March here to demand that we give them everything for free.
Yeah, but when they are healthy and tending to your golf courses, butchering your chickens, picking your blueberries, there was no concern.

Now that they are sick, there is all kinds of cause for alarm.

The folks that should be paying the bill for this epidemic are the ones who hire illegals.

Boycott all those businesses that hire illegals and maybe you can help bring this problem to an end.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Jul 24, 2014
Bring It wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but when they are healthy and tending to your golf courses, butchering your chickens, picking your blueberries, there was no concern.
Now that they are sick, there is all kinds of cause for alarm.
The folks that should be paying the bill for this epidemic are the ones who hire illegals.
Boycott all those businesses that hire illegals and maybe you can help bring this problem to an end.
Yea, Boycott! Money lost will wake up those businesses! No one wants to hear the solution though... But fight the fight..!!!
Soul

Hilton Head Island, SC

#12 Jul 24, 2014
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, Boycott! Money lost will wake up those businesses! No one wants to hear the solution though... But fight the fight..!!!
Perhaps. The fact is that many now have their own little businesses. Of course, these Illegals are busy working with no business license, no drivers license, no insurance, liability or workers compensation. No withholding, either federal or state. Strictly cash. They are getting jobs because they work for nothing. Can't compete when you follow the law. I find it so hard to believe that the state has not one patrol out checking these workers. They are like Ants, in every hole and corner. All my life, the state of SC was strictly Blacks and Whites. If you see a Mexican here, he is an Illegal. It's that easy. Hilton Head is like a third world ghetto. It's not too late. If people refused to hire companies that send Illegals to do the jobs, they would leave. No money.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#13 Jul 24, 2014
Thank goodness so we can save them.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 24, 2014
Soul wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. The fact is that many now have their own little businesses. Of course, these Illegals are busy working with no business license, no drivers license, no insurance, liability or workers compensation. No withholding, either federal or state. Strictly cash. They are getting jobs because they work for nothing. Can't compete when you follow the law. I find it so hard to believe that the state has not one patrol out checking these workers. They are like Ants, in every hole and corner. All my life, the state of SC was strictly Blacks and Whites. If you see a Mexican here, he is an Illegal. It's that easy. Hilton Head is like a third world ghetto. It's not too late. If people refused to hire companies that send Illegals to do the jobs, they would leave. No money.
some one rents to them, someone buys from them.. someone? Who? Yes agreed no one checks on them... Because they are being bought off by someone? Follow the money! been going on alot longer than this presidents time... alot!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#15 Jul 24, 2014
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text>some one rents to them, someone buys from them.. someone? Who? Yes agreed no one checks on them... Because they are being bought off by someone? Follow the money! been going on alot longer than this presidents time... alot!
Someone rents to them? What I suppose the renter is the police and being paid to do their job.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 24, 2014
Curiosityforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone rents to them? What I suppose the renter is the police and being paid to do their job.
no the landlord can check cant they? Dont excuse those who have there dirty hand in this, it takes a village to, raise this much cain! I see many business that illegals have someone rents to them.... oh but i would guess its free enterprise .. Those renters are just as bad as someone who hires them to pick the fruit you and i eat.. hey the renters can ask to see papers as good as the police.... talk about nannystate you seem to want more! When we can solve this by common sense. Those who hire , rent to, BUY from illegals are the problem!!!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2014
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text>no the landlord can check cant they? Dont excuse those who have there dirty hand in this, it takes a village to, raise this much cain! I see many business that illegals have someone rents to them.... oh but i would guess its free enterprise .. Those renters are just as bad as someone who hires them to pick the fruit you and i eat.. hey the renters can ask to see papers as good as the police.... talk about nannystate you seem to want more! When we can solve this by common sense. Those who hire , rent to, BUY from illegals are the problem!!!
Who pays them to be law enforcement? Are they competent enough and well enough trained to engage in law enforcement?

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18 Jul 24, 2014
Curiosityforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who pays them to be law enforcement? Are they competent enough and well enough trained to engage in law enforcement?
Law enforcement? Law enforcement? Ah, it dont take no law enforcement to NOT do business with a Realtor who you KNOW is renting to Illegals, just as it dont take Law to Protest! Dig? Its our world, if YOU want to knowingly BUY a taco from Juan, your welcome, IF you knowingly DO bus. with someone who Takes or gives money from Illegals then dont bitcheee . Law enforcement? hahahaha, Its called Protest! Know any farmers or ranchers who have illegals working for them? Stores? Business? Quit depending on Law enforcement ie. Gov... to help what you can do yourself. YOUR do you need to be paid to be an American too?!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#19 Jul 24, 2014
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text>Law enforcement? Law enforcement? Ah, it dont take no law enforcement to NOT do business with a Realtor who you KNOW is renting to Illegals, just as it dont take Law to Protest! Dig? Its our world, if YOU want to knowingly BUY a taco from Juan, your welcome, IF you knowingly DO bus. with someone who Takes or gives money from Illegals then dont bitcheee . Law enforcement? hahahaha, Its called Protest! Know any farmers or ranchers who have illegals working for them? Stores? Business? Quit depending on Law enforcement ie. Gov... to help what you can do yourself. YOUR do you need to be paid to be an American too?!!!!!!!
What makes someone an American is when they affirm that all are created equal and have unalienable right, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
The Declaration of Independence is the American creed.
Just because your a citizen doesn't mean your American and just because your not a citizen doesn't mean your not an American.
Your protest of the businesses etc comes from your right to associate or not associate with others. But demanding that Americans check this persons status or do a background check is an attempt to force everyone into a law enforcement surrogate role.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20 Jul 24, 2014
Curiosityforever wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes someone an American is when they affirm that all are created equal and have unalienable right, Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
The Declaration of Independence is the American creed.
Just because your a citizen doesn't mean your American and just because your not a citizen doesn't mean your not an American.
Your protest of the businesses etc comes from your right to associate or not associate with others. But demanding that Americans check this persons status or do a background check is an attempt to force everyone into a law enforcement surrogate role.
Woo Truth.. Im just suggesting a cure for what the country perceives to be a virus . Illegals. No demand! The problem i see is Those who Spread said virus! So I say, want a cure Stop the carrier ! Those who allow it!!!! Its not the illegals saying come come, i will feed you!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#21 Jul 24, 2014
Richies Cool Man Diary wrote:
<quoted text>Woo Truth.. Im just suggesting a cure for what the country perceives to be a virus . Illegals. No demand! The problem i see is Those who Spread said virus! So I say, want a cure Stop the carrier ! Those who allow it!!!! Its not the illegals saying come come, i will feed you!
There are many ways to react to challenges. I encourage you to be active .

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22 Jul 24, 2014
I am. I see and do what i say.. I dont buy from Juan... even if his tacos are better than mine! and i wont buy carpet from a store who employs Juans brother... Simple.

Hey i may even start a site... Juanslist... just to spread the word that IF you employ , rent to,,,,, or buy from. I wont buy your cherries! hahahaha Peace man, i understand where your coming from its a good thing!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#23 Jul 25, 2014
Bring It wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but when they are healthy and tending to your golf courses, butchering your chickens, picking your blueberries, there was no concern.
Now that they are sick, there is all kinds of cause for alarm.
The folks that should be paying the bill for this epidemic are the ones who hire illegals.
Boycott all those businesses that hire illegals and maybe you can help bring this problem to an end.
Yeah well it's just as easy to find a legal laborer willing to do that work. Yes it is a cause for alarm when people from other countries who are poorly vaccinated, if at all, sneak unscreened into your country, processing chickens and picking your food.
You can think about that the next time you hear about a food recall because it's tainted with some infectious and deadly bacteria, origin unknown.

The people that are footing the bill are the American Taxpayer. We pay with our taxes for things like a safe and secure Country, safe food, clean water, normal things we all take for granted, however I think the gov't spends most of that on itself. The people are a low governmental priority, that's just obvious.

Boycott, eh? So when your parents boycott the Gardner , you realize your going to have to mow the grass, don't you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr spud 16,254
News Trump campaign releases ad tying Democrats to m... 1 hr tomin cali 12
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 62
News SHUTDOWN: President Trump won't talk immigratio... 3 hr tomin cali 27
News With Congress divided, US governemnt heads for ... 3 hr Shumer vs Middle ... 60
News Deportation fears have legal immigrants avoidin... 4 hr spytheweb 5
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... (Jan '17) 4 hr jake 2
More from around the web