Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...

Comments (Page 9,549)

Showing posts 190,961 - 190,980 of193,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Junior

Pleasant Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Most of SB 1070 struck down by SCOTUS.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judic...
Just In Case

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Junior wrote:
Most of SB 1070 struck down by SCOTUS.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judic...
The main component of the law STANDS

HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Its time to take out the garbage!

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for you to disprove what I said.
You can't disprove a negative. But having made the statement, I would think you might be able to corraborate it.
Cactus Flower

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Just In Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are just the same.
good news

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

cops can ask for proof of citinship
that should take care of illegals trying to vote, station a cop verifying status at the entrance of a polling location.
Just In Case

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Cactus Flower wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you say that?
Just In Case

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Cactus Flower wrote:
<quoted text>

Back to "living in the shadows!" lol lol lol lol
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
Birthers....bwahahahahahahahah !!!
Always nice to start the day with a laugh.
:)
That's funny Jack, that the birther's are giving you a great morning laugh I'm getting my good laugh this morning by some old man on another Topix thread accussing me of being a Marxist and Communist and claiming that I haven't worked a day in my life?=)

He is also asking me the question of what I would replce Capitalism with and I haven't even suggested a thing too funny!
Cactus Flower

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Just In Case wrote:
<quoted text> What makes you say that?
The LAW is useless without action from the Federal Gov. Local law enforcement does NOT have the power to deport anyone or hold you without being charged of a CRIME. IF ICE does not give police a "Hold" order, the individual will be released within 48 hours.
Cactus Flower

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Just In Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to "living in the shadows!" lol lol lol lol
No, have had a place near Nogales since back in 64' when Arizona Sen. Goldwater lost in a landslide to LBJ.
Just In Case

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Cactus Flower wrote:
<quoted text>
No, have had a place near Nogales since back in 64' when Arizona Sen. Goldwater lost in a landslide to LBJ.
bitter latino

“Happy Easter!”

Since: Jun 10

The Bunny Trail

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

BRONACH wrote:
SB 1070 upheld.
:~)
"The court ruled that Arizona cannot make it a misdemeanor for immigrants to fail to carry identification that says whether they are in the United States legally; cannot make it a crime for undocumented immigrants to apply for a job; and cannot arrest someone based solely on the suspicion that the person is in this country illegally.

The court also said the part of the law it upheld requiring officers to check the immigration status of those they detain and reasonably believe to be illegal immigrants could be subject to additional legal challenges once it is implemented."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/suprem...

“Happy Easter!”

Since: Jun 10

The Bunny Trail

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there old stoner.
Hey there, you used up old tranny. How's it hangin'?
Just In Case

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Is President Sotero's child hood mentor, noted communist Franklin Marshall Davis his REAL father?

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Better rent a U-Haul today because by the weekend there won't be any left.
El Chingon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Just In Case wrote:
<quoted text>
The "main component", ie, the authority to check the immigration status of a brown-skinned person, may have stood but without the arrest and detain portion (which was struck down), the point of the bill is, at best, moot. Kinda like having a dog without any teeth, it may bite you but it just tickles.

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

spytheweb wrote:
Better rent a U-Haul today because by the weekend there won't be any left.
Not really. Here's why:

Homeland Security suspends immigration agreements with Arizona police
Comments (518)
Tweet
Email
Print
Share on google_plusoneMORE
Text Size:+/-

By Stephen Dinan

-

The Washington Times

Monday, June 25, 2012

Homeland Security suspends immigration agreements with Arizona police

The Obama administration said Monday it is suspending existing agreements with Arizona police over enforcement of federal immigration laws, and said it has issued a directive telling federal authorities to decline many of the calls reporting illegal immigrants that the Homeland Security Department may get from Arizona police.(Cont.)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/...

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Sorry for all the extra stuff in that post. Unintentional.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Romero had access to the most comprehensive collection of data of anybody's study to date. Pete Wilson provided him full access to the state's data. So, we'll just have to disagree entirely about what he demonstrated, because he clearly demonstrated the harm to taxpayers and how their tax contributions were diverted away from benefit for citizens in order to assist illegal immigrants. Those are the facts I take away from what his research showed.
So, I'm glad that you're clear on which Romero died, and that is isn't Romero the economist.
I don't agree Ntr as you know. Romero had the best economic review at the time he did it and for several years after. That's because their simply was little information that took in both benefits and costs of illegals at that time. As of current data I believe it is far more up to date then what his was back in 2007 because they simply didn't have all the information.
But I will agree with you to not agree on this subject. I don't like to argue with you because I have a lot of respect for you as a good person. We just don't see everything the same.
By the way just to let you know. You have spoke about how you and some of your family argue about certain issues. Well I got into it with my sister and nephew about two subjects....Zimmerman and abortion. I think Zimmerman should have been arrested and go before a jury they don't and I don't believe in abortion but I also don't agree with making others have to have babies if they don't want to have them. We finally had to just stop talking about it....:)

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Fed Up in NM wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, not at all. Easier burn, easier on the lungs and not all that smoke that comes with joints, pipes, or bongs. A volcano is a great one!
I'll take your word on it because I don't know anything about it. I have used a vaporizer and it does put steam out in the room it's placed in. Which is why I made an assumption. That's always a bad idea...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 190,961 - 190,980 of193,486
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••