Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as Am...

Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as American as apple pie

There are 8654 comments on the Denver Post story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Racism, prejudice, intolerance: as American as apple pie. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Religious authorities utilized the word - heretic' in the 16th century to silence or - slap down' anyone that brought facts, figures and new concepts to the public.A If a new scientific concept contradicted the Catholic Church, they placed the scoundrel under house arrest - such as Galileo for proving the Earth revolved around the sun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Wet backs

Grass Valley, CA

#2856 Dec 15, 2009
2003emm3 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am talking about is the arrogant treatment Americans give minorities such as immigrants; the same treatment Jews received from the Nazis, which ultimately led to Kristallnacht. Like I said, most Americans at home seem to embark on the path "It ain't fascist when we do it!".--- But most Americans are so mal-educated that they will not know what Kristallchachw was, so why bother?
Since you love the wetbacks so much why don't you go live in Mexico? Those people come over here and bring their culture with them and they expect us to accept the fact that they want the United States to support them. You must be an illigal. Those people have more rights than the United States Citizen, that's why they don't become United States citizens, hell they get everything for free. I work my ass off trying to make it in this economy and guess who get part of my income? You got it...the illegals and the white trash too but at least they didn't come the United States they are already here. They march in our streets for rights on May 5. What do you think would happen to an American if they demanded rights in Mexico that they have no right to? They came here ilegaly and should not be rewarder for that.

“Your subscription has expired ”

Since: Mar 09

Des Plaines, IL

#2857 Dec 15, 2009
Making Sense wrote:
A Tennessee couple--Dave and Rebecca Kosmitis both bona fide rednecks, had nine children.
They went to the Doctor to see about getting Dave ‘Fixed.’ The Doctor gladly started the required procedure and asked them what finally made them make the decision. Why, after nine children, would they choose to do this?
Dave replied that he read in a recent article that 1 out of every 10 children being born in the United States was Mexican, and they didn’t want to take any chance of having a Mexican baby because neither of them could speak Spanish.
Reminds me of my cousin (in Mexico's maid) when I went to visit the family in Northern Mexico, with husband and my son (who was about 2 at the time), the maid was stunned, stunned I tell you! she said, and I'll translate for you Mexican wanna-be posers:

I can't believe this child speaks English, and at such a young age!

Now, my story is true, while yours is just a lame joke meant as a put-down.
SC Redneck

Lexington, SC

#2858 Dec 15, 2009
skinnygenes wrote:
<quoted text>
America is full of minority groups, our immigration policies are some of the most generous in the world. Your argument is really nothing more than an attempt at blurring the line between legal and ILLEGAL immigrants.
More like an attempt to illicit a repines from the racists on here. He knows legal from illegal

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#2859 Dec 15, 2009
One Happy Clam wrote:
<quoted text>You have been flagged for inappropriate comments
Likewise...
WMDiscussion

Schaumburg, IL

#2860 Dec 15, 2009
2003emm3 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am talking about is the arrogant treatment Americans give minorities such as immigrants; the same treatment Jews received from the Nazis, which ultimately led to Kristallnacht. Like I said, most Americans at home seem to embark on the path "It ain't fascist when we do it!".--- But most Americans are so mal-educated that they will not know what Kristallchachw was, so why bother?
How dare you compare the illegals in the U.S. to the Jews of Germany. You are a disgusting fabricator and apparently know nothing about the heinous lives Jews lived during the time of WWII.

The Jews were productive CITIZENS of Germany and surrounding countries). They contributed socially and financially to Germany and didn't make excuses or hedge when it came to giving back to their country. They didn't enter Germany illegally and sponge off the country. They didn't expect Germany to feed and clothe them for free. They didn't turn parts of Germany into cesspools and they didn't arrogantly force their culture on anyone. They certainly didn't spit in the faces of the citizens of Germany.

None of this can be said about illegals. That's why they are reviled in the U.S.

Des Plaines, IL

#2861 Dec 15, 2009
SC Redneck wrote:
<quoted text> More like an attempt to illicit a repines from the racists on here. He knows legal from illegal
The old and tired charade that's not getting them very far these days. Most of the illegal alien enablers have moved on the self-loathers label for those of us standing up for American values and standards.

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Columbus, MS

#2862 Dec 15, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to Illinois for a year to finish up this degree (it's finals week, can ya tell?), then it's back to Colorado to put it to use in either Social Work or Advocacy...The way I see it, with Obama, and now Oprah, gone, Illinois will likely become a fairly decent state (not that I want to stay there permanently)...BOTH are also likely trembling in fear of what Blago's gonna spill, and I'm quite sure he knows plenty...
Folks, mark my words...California WILL be the first state to be OWNED by the Federal Government, and it won't be long...It's so deep in debt that not even China will assist, and that speaks volumes...
In the end, my son and I will be home, and my EDUCATED ass will be fighting to right the bullshit being caused by the mere presence of ILLEGALS...While I will never run for a political position,(even though Marty has elected me President many, many times) I will make damned sure that I put myself in a place where I can benefit AMERICAN'S...
Sounds like a great plan. You will have your work cut out for you coz Illinois is FULL of illegals. Good luck to you and your son. And if you run for president, I will definitely vote for you!
Torchwood

Santa Ana, CA

#2863 Dec 15, 2009
We should welcome all illegal aliens! This was once their country. They should be able to come if they want to. We should accept them with open arms!
DLK

Seattle, WA

#2864 Dec 15, 2009
Torch-

I think I would turn FRIDA and his name changing. It is a violation of the TOS!
Johnny Rotten

Colorado Springs, CO

#2865 Dec 15, 2009
Torchwood wrote:
We should welcome all illegal aliens! This was once their country. They should be able to come if they want to. We should accept them with open arms!
I agree. I just read this article and it made me realize all the great things they have to offer this country http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14001888...
Torchwood

Santa Ana, CA

#2866 Dec 15, 2009
FritoBanDITO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too below me to make me "squirm". Go cleanse your soul at Hendrix's grave site.
LOL! That's a good one! I agree totally!
Torchwood

Santa Ana, CA

#2867 Dec 15, 2009
DLK wrote:
Torch-
I think I would turn FRIDA and his name changing. It is a violation of the TOS!
I live in Mexifornia! It's beautiful out here.I love the Mexican culture. They're beautiful people. It's the browning of America. You can't stop it! You can't fight fate!:)

Des Plaines, IL

#2868 Dec 15, 2009
Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! That's a good one! I agree totally!
of course you would, you and embalming fluid go together like water and fish. Your brain cells are in desperate need of attention, quick before they atrophy.

Des Plaines, IL

#2869 Dec 15, 2009
I see the fake Torchwood is at it again, what a loser, too afraid to unmask your true identity? but have decided to use someone else's to post your crappy dialogue?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2870 Dec 15, 2009
skinnygenes wrote:
I see the fake Torchwood is at it again, what a loser, too afraid to unmask your true identity? but have decided to use someone else's to post your crappy dialogue?
I expected NO less from an illegal alien...namely lies, cheating, stealing.

and obama wants to grant these people amnesty?

give me a break.
pinebeetle

Denver, CO

#2871 Dec 15, 2009
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected NO less from an illegal alien...namely lies, cheating, stealing.
and obama wants to grant these people amnesty?
give me a break.
12 million votes any way you can get them.
FritoBanDITO

San Diego, CA

#2872 Dec 15, 2009
skinnygenes wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Frito, someone who actually considers helping society in a quantifiable way versus just 'sending a check' to an orphanage is not your kind of person, right?
I give. You don't. No money...?
FritoBanDITO

San Diego, CA

#2873 Dec 15, 2009
Torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! That's a good one! I agree totally!
There's something seriously wrong here, and I mean "wrong"!
Torchwood

Hesperia, CA

#2874 Dec 15, 2009
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
DLK wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else see the irony in freako being an illegal, wanting to report others?
http://www.americanpatrol.com/ENFORCEMENT/ins ...
Above numbers are for reporting illegal aliens!
<quoted text>
Frito,
What did you flag him for? For being a patriot? How is THAT inappropriate?
You see, this is what I mean. When the Mods see the posts you flagged, they'll scratch their heads and think "Huh? There's nothing wrong with that post?!"
All you have achieved is pissing off the Mods for wasting their time. Good job!
Btw, you DO KNOW that flagging posts willy-nilly just shows how desparate and malicious you are, no? YOU DO KNOW THAT, RIGHT? I pick and choose the posts I flag. I don't flag EVERY SINGLE POST OF YOURS, unlike you. Therefore, my flags are more credible to the Mods.
So we will see who will be here this week and who won't.
Frito, only posts to piss people off as I rarely see that he adds anything of value to the discussion!
Torchwood

Hesperia, CA

#2875 Dec 15, 2009
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
You're another one that has no credibility with the Mods. You just flag whatever!
(See what I wrote to Frito above)
Of course that is true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 14 min davy 11
News Supreme Court Immigration Ruling Leaves Million... 43 min crucifiedguy 61
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 56 min Lots of bandwagons 9,779
News How Trump's Border Wall Will Rescue Illegal Imm... 2 hr tomin cali 11
News 4 Immigrant Advocates Arrested After Blocking A... 2 hr wild child 2
News Undocumented entrepreneur faces uncertain fate 2 hr Quirky 35
News Nine Arrested At DAPA Protest 2 hr Nopal 11
More from around the web