Surprise Release of Detainees Raises ...

Surprise Release of Detainees Raises Questions

There are 42 comments on the NBC New York story from Feb 27, 2013, titled Surprise Release of Detainees Raises Questions. In it, NBC New York reports that:

Days before a massive round of federal budget cuts, Immigration and Customs Enforcement made the surprise decision to release hundreds of illegal immigrants held in detention centers around the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC New York.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ronnie

Washington, UT

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Surprise release! Yea right. Obama has done thing's that no other President would dare. But in his brazen treatment with the American people and our right's. I honestly feel, he's not protecting We the People what so ever. He almost makes me think he has such hatred for America and our right's he continually does thing's that are ruining our peace. He want's a melting pot and he want's to change all the rules. He should leave this Country and move to Asia. He doesn't care about this Country or maintaining it as a Democracy. It's all about what he think's and what he want's. Be very concerned about this egomaniac.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 Feb 27, 2013
I like the part where it says that this could anger repubs and make CIR more difficult! It BETTER!!!

The Obam wants to pull this stunt, then let's make it as close to a reform as he is going to get! This guy is so off the page it is unbelieveable!!!
North American Proud

Miami, FL

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Finally Obam did something right! Let these people go back to the families while their immigration issues are sorted out. End the US government's illegal kidnapping and human trafficking! I wish last year's 400,000 deported human beings were given the same opportunity! We will never get this economy moving by breaking up families and tearing people away from their jobs.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#5 Feb 27, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
Finally Obam did something right! Let these people go back to the families while their immigration issues are sorted out. End the US government's illegal kidnapping and human trafficking! I wish last year's 400,000 deported human beings were given the same opportunity! We will never get this economy moving by breaking up families and tearing people away from their jobs.
Yeah right Senoir.
Nanuq

Kennesaw, GA

#6 Feb 27, 2013
It was an act of God! Do conservative people believe in God? Doubt it !!! They are so blood thirsty and willing to destroy families yet they talk about anti-abortion and family . And by the way Congratulations to Rush Limbaugh, who got married for the fourth time It was so romantic — so romantic. First, the couple wrote their own vows and then they wrote their own prescriptions... Is he still married?
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
It was an act of God! Do conservative people believe in God? Doubt it !!! They are so blood thirsty and willing to destroy families yet they talk about anti-abortion and family . And by the way Congratulations to Rush Limbaugh, who got married for the fourth time It was so romantic — so romantic. First, the couple wrote their own vows and then they wrote their own prescriptions... Is he still married?
Is he still married? It sounds like you might be interested.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 27, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
Finally Obam did something right! Let these people go back to the families while their immigration issues are sorted out. End the US government's illegal kidnapping and human trafficking! I wish last year's 400,000 deported human beings were given the same opportunity! We will never get this economy moving by breaking up families and tearing people away from their jobs.
These people who were released were criminals! Hello!!!!!
North American Proud

Charlotte, NC

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
These people who were released were criminals! Hello!!!!!
The only thing those low priority kidnapped people did was travel to another part of the continent and find a better job to help their family. I've done the same thing on several occasions. The only two differences are I didn't cross an imaginary line and I'm white. Get over your racist notions.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing those low priority kidnapped people did was travel to another part of the continent and find a better job to help their family. I've done the same thing on several occasions. The only two differences are I didn't cross an imaginary line and I'm white. Get over your racist notions.
The immigrants I was referring to were criminals charged with robbery, assault, fraud, etc. They were not being detained for just being illegal immigrants. Releasing "anyone" who was arrested for a "crime" is not appropriate and has nothing to do with being racist.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing those low priority kidnapped people did was travel to another part of the continent and find a better job to help their family. I've done the same thing on several occasions. The only two differences are I didn't cross an imaginary line and I'm white. Get over your racist notions.
Tell you what..... slip on down to Guatemala, going through Mexico, without a passport. Try to get a job paying enough to support yourself, then come back and tell us about the differences. That is if you survive the years in prison, if you are lucky enough to live long enough to get arrested.

You really should consider changing your screen name to North American Stupid.
Sirius

Cranford, NJ

#13 Feb 28, 2013
You are all talking about illegals what of those who entered with papers and waiting in que for more then 10 years and they all pay taxes obama should think of the people in paying taxes from last 10 years

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Sirius wrote:
You are all talking about illegals what of those who entered with papers and waiting in que for more then 10 years and they all pay taxes obama should think of the people in paying taxes from last 10 years
Are you serious?

None of the this legal maneuvering has anything to do with legal immigrants.

This is nothing more than a political ploy by the Obama administration to garner future voters, sympathy amongst the Hispanic and Asian population and an attempt to make those that support our Constitution and immigration laws as callous, unfeeling conservatists.
real thruth speaker

Dallas, TX

#15 Feb 28, 2013
What I really thing is that people against Obama and Immigration Reform released this people to make Republicans angry and stop all the work they are doing on immigration... Yes, I sincerely belive this is what is happening. Conspiration!!!
North American Proud

Charlotte, NC

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The immigrants I was referring to were criminals charged with robbery, assault, fraud, etc. They were not being detained for just being illegal immigrants. Releasing "anyone" who was arrested for a "crime" is not appropriate and has nothing to do with being racist.
My friend was picked up, ripped away from his white wife and child because the police saw he was brown. Police had no reason to pick him up on a "hunch" as the "officer/ kidnapper" stated to them. In detention, my friend learned of hundreds of people torn off the streets because...... they were brown and the police had a "hunch". If you heard the stories, you would change your tune. Trust me, the "where are your papers" law is all over the country and doesn't seem right.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#17 Feb 28, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> My friend was picked up, ripped away from his white wife and child because the police saw he was brown. Police had no reason to pick him up on a "hunch" as the "officer/ kidnapper" stated to them. In detention, my friend learned of hundreds of people torn off the streets because...... they were brown and the police had a "hunch". If you heard the stories, you would change your tune. Trust me, the "where are your papers" law is all over the country and doesn't seem right.
Foreign nationals have supposed to carry their "papers" for decades. It is the law.

Had your friend not been an illegal, he'd not have been ripped away from his wife and child.

You're just as guilty as he is.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 28, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> My friend was picked up, ripped away from his white wife and child because the police saw he was brown. Police had no reason to pick him up on a "hunch" as the "officer/ kidnapper" stated to them. In detention, my friend learned of hundreds of people torn off the streets because...... they were brown and the police had a "hunch". If you heard the stories, you would change your tune. Trust me, the "where are your papers" law is all over the country and doesn't seem right.
more hate i see,what other monikers do you go by. anyone in the country illegally is a criminal as well as his so called wife. helping an illegal alien stay in the country is a federal felony.
Nanuq

Kennesaw, GA

#19 Feb 28, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
more hate i see,what other monikers do you go by. anyone in the country illegally is a criminal as well as his so called wife. helping an illegal alien stay in the country is a federal felony.
you are all illegal in my country but I still help you all...the hate should stop
ronnie

Washington, UT

#20 Feb 28, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing those low priority kidnapped people did was travel to another part of the continent and find a better job to help their family. I've done the same thing on several occasions. The only two differences are I didn't cross an imaginary line and I'm white. Get over your racist notions.
Wrong !!! In Arizona their were felons and many other criminals released. Jan Brewer was on CNN today talking about ICE releasing high crime illegals not low level. And Obama let this happen. This a a very crooked President, to sneak into a Gov. State and release criminals back into the State Population. Arizona will file suit against The Fed's because of this. It was a big mistake. Not a Republican disposition, an American one.
Nanuq

Kennesaw, GA

#21 Feb 28, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong !!! In Arizona their were felons and many other criminals released. Jan Brewer was on CNN today talking about ICE releasing high crime illegals not low level. And Obama let this happen. This a a very crooked President, to sneak into a Gov. State and release criminals back into the State Population. Arizona will file suit against The Fed's because of this. It was a big mistake. Not a Republican disposition, an American one.
jan brewer?... Is he still alive? Isn't he the guy who fingered the president ?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 28, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> you are all illegal in my country but I still help you all...the hate should stop
you could not live with out tax dollars so you really don't want tax payers going anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 32 min Responsibility 3,538
News Supreme deadlock: Republicans must draft their ... 4 hr Bama Yankee 2
News Mexican president explains comparing Trump to H... 5 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 7 hr This is not America 39
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 9 hr Nopal 9,782
News N.J. clears way for children of undocumented im... 10 hr wild child 1
News California House Republicans ask President Obam... 10 hr wild child 1
More from around the web