Immigration reform: Which states woul...

Immigration reform: Which states would feel it most? California, for one

There are 46 comments on the WDAM-TV Hattiesburg story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Immigration reform: Which states would feel it most? California, for one. In it, WDAM-TV Hattiesburg reports that:

With immigration reform now firmly on the agendas of both the Senate and White House, a key question is how to assess its possible impact on states, particularly in two of the most important areas, the labor market and fiscal policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDAM-TV Hattiesburg.

daniel

Spencer, MA

#22 Feb 1, 2013
Mexicans ofteb get blame for illegal immigration and thats why nothing gets done because of racism and fear of brown skin but people forget about all the other nations . We have canadians autralians russian europeans so lets just close our eyes and imagine mexicans are blond and get this reforme done
paisa

United States

#23 Feb 1, 2013
daniel wrote:
Mexicans ofteb get blame for illegal immigration and thats why nothing gets done because of racism and fear of brown skin but people forget about all the other nations . We have canadians autralians russian europeans so lets just close our eyes and imagine mexicans are blond and get this reforme done
hell yeah daniel puro pinche gringo asedos....,,
Magadala

Vader, WA

#25 Feb 2, 2013
daniel wrote:
Dwfdude u just point out the the new law congress just propose as a hard work immigrant i cant wait to registry pay my fine and taxes and finally adjust my status as for getting benefits we cant get nothing even a phone line from verizon i dont know what are talking about legal people that i know can travel can get mortgage nice jobs good insurance new car
...and you came to take!

Pay your fine and taxes, what about rreparation for identity theft?!!! What about agreeing to at least five years, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, NO welfare?

Forget all of that, what you don't get is that we don't need you!!!
Boknows

United States

#26 Feb 2, 2013
All the colors do have their fair share of Illegal immigrants,and Mexicans are singled out for every four corners of downfall in this country,I'm not latino, but I don't like the pathetic BIGOTRY CRAP that comes from people that forgot that their parents and grandparents were immigrants that came here while there were no border security at the time,and ran their foul mouth against illegal immigrants,STFU and go try to do what the illegal immigrants does,and see if you can work at farm field throughout the summer because you claimed that illegal immigrants are taking away American jobs.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#27 Feb 2, 2013
daniel wrote:
All Hispanic are getting blamed for what the Illegals Aliens are doing to our communities/cities/States, the Cartels are doing as well. Get out there and prove yourself otherwise. Get a job, go to school to further your education,pay your way and live a productive life.

Stop favoring the illegals and move on with YOUR life. Let Mexico care for her people. She is responsible not American taxpayers.
Magadala

Vader, WA

#28 Feb 2, 2013
Boknows wrote:
All the colors do have their fair share of Illegal immigrants,and Mexicans are singled out for every four corners of downfall in this country,I'm not latino, but I don't like the pathetic BIGOTRY CRAP that comes from people that forgot that their parents and grandparents were immigrants that came here while there were no border security at the time,and ran their foul mouth against illegal immigrants,STFU and go try to do what the illegal immigrants does,and see if you can work at farm field throughout the summer because you claimed that illegal immigrants are taking away American jobs.
What dream world do you live in? Mexicans, no hispanics constitute the majority of illegal aliens in America. I don't have time to check, but I believe they are at least 50%!!!

You are one of those who believe that since we are nation of immigrants, we should embrace illegal aliens!!! NOT! This is what keeps a country from becoming great! The grandparents you cite came through a legal entry, not across the border with a cayote...

Now, as far as working the farm, illegal aliens don't want to do those jobs either! Only the very bottom of the barrel go for the field jobs, illegal aliens are going after YOUR jobs through identity theft, etc. Sorry, the field hand thingy is out moded. My price of lettuce is going to go up regardless!!
Magadala

Vader, WA

#29 Feb 2, 2013
Corrrection: I meant to say "...not hispanics" as opposed to "no hispanics...
daniel

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Feb 2, 2013
Beuatiful state of alama has proven how important immigrants are vegetables went bad and factores had to close now just keep in mind that these people r already here if congress dosnt act like 07 everything will continue the same and you need to stop watching fox channel

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#31 Feb 2, 2013
daniel wrote:
It has nothing to do with racism or fear of brown skin!
It is all about doing the right thing,follow the laws of the land.
In my area it is all hispanics. they are (for the most part) rude crude trashy people with no respect for the country that gives them so much.
Maried

Little Rock, AR

#32 Feb 2, 2013
Befree wrote:
I'm very surprise and disappointed to see these hight skill democrats and republicans to think about illegals the way they do so.
(They brake the law by entering to the United States and don't pay taxes) come on!!!!
They do pay taxes!!! Every small check they get on a weekly basis taxes come out of that check, money they may never see again. when it comes to retiring the social sequrity get to keep that money because the illegal people can't proved their identity,
Check this out....For an illegal person who worked 24 years and paid to the social sequrity a total of 40.000 dollars through out those years.
Times 12 millions illegal equals to 420 billion dollars and that is assuming every one paid into it.
Remember the only ones who don't pay taxes would be people who works on the outside the Home Depot store, but they end up spending their money within.

Nicely said I am sick of people telling me my husband dosnt pay taxes he is here legally he always has but he is not a citizen yet so the 10 years of taxes he has paid he is not able to receive benefits just like my brother in law worked here for 30 years paid taxes just like everybody else the only difference is no benefits it's not fair people are paying into the system and not getting benefits plus the idiots who say they don't pay taxes that's a lie it comes out of there check just like the rest of us only they don't get it back so stop talking about something you know nothing about I know cuz I'm living and everybody who is against Latinos are just running there mouth as well none of my in laws have more then 2 kids and they all have married for a long time 5-9 years so there no bastard babies like some people have said they have families like everybody else I'm so sick of all this hate
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#33 Feb 2, 2013
DfwDude wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with racism or fear of brown skin!
It is all about doing the right thing,follow the laws of the land.
In my area it is all hispanics. they are (for the most part) rude crude trashy people with no respect for the country that gives them so much.
You are describing exactly how it is here where I'm at.
Disrespectful
Rudeness
Arrogance
Greediness
Violent
Thievery
Dirtiness
loud circus music at all hours
Drunk driving
Kings of the Road/do not obey the rules of the road
Primitive ways,hanging clothes to dry on their front porch
baby diapers for all to see,stubble upon
clogging up parking spaces with cars that don't run
destroying beautiful green grass area for their truck
etc,etc,etc.

did I say disrespectful?

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#34 Feb 2, 2013
daniel wrote:
Illegal aliens from Canada and Europe are 6% of illegals, illegal aliens from Mexico are 62%, see the problem? Is Mexicans were 6% we wouldn't be talking. Making illegal aliens Americans does not fix the problem, in fact it makes it worst.

If you have ants in your kitchen, you don't smear honey on the floor and counter tops because more will come.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#35 Feb 2, 2013
Boknows wrote:
These people have a country that they cab rule anyway they want. Americans worked in the fields, who do you think built this country? BTW, Mexicans are very racist but when they come here they play the victim well. They would be booted out of any country on the planet.
Maried

United States

#36 Feb 3, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
You are describing exactly how it is here where I'm at.
Disrespectful
Rudeness
Arrogance
Greediness
Violent
Thievery
Dirtiness
loud circus music at all hours
Drunk driving
Kings of the Road/do not obey the rules of the road
Primitive ways,hanging clothes to dry on their front porch
baby diapers for all to see,stubble upon
clogging up parking spaces with cars that don't run
destroying beautiful green grass area for their truck
etc,etc,etc.
did I say disrespectful?
They are rude cuz of people like you I would be rude too if people were talking about me like you talk about them
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#37 Feb 3, 2013
Maried wrote:
<quoted text>
They are rude cuz of people like you I would be rude too if people were talking about me like you talk about them
I guess it hurts to get slapped around by facts.
Maried

United States

#38 Feb 3, 2013
Facts I don't see any facts but your hateful writing maybe if they had papers they could get credit to buy a dryer and a new car I don't think you know the people your talking about stop being hateful it's bad for your health
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#39 Feb 3, 2013
Maried wrote:
Facts I don't see any facts but your hateful writing maybe if they had papers they could get credit to buy a dryer and a new car I don't think you know the people your talking about stop being hateful it's bad for your health
This is not hate. This is how I actually saw it to be in the Pilsen Area of Chicago. This area along with the town of Cicero is saturated with Illegals and this is how they behave. Believe it or not,your choice.
Maried

United States

#40 Feb 3, 2013
Not in my city they don't but I live in little rock they have their own business that help with the tax problems cut their lawns unlike the white people next to me whose weeds are knee high and work for a living but two different cities see different things

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#43 Feb 4, 2013
"They are rude cuz of people like you I would be rude too if people were talking about me like you talk about them"

"Facts I don't see any facts but your hateful writing maybe if they had papers they could get credit to buy a dryer and a new car I don't think you know the people your talking about stop being hateful it's bad for your health"

I am never rude to anyone,I was brought up to have manners.
I live in Dallas,Texas and one can go to the grocery store and without fail I will start down a isle to find some mexican with basket in blocking the isle and they see you coming and do not make any effort to make room for you to pass,oh no I say "excuse me" and be ignored,usually even saying it twice I will get ignored...Finally I will say "EXCUSE ME!" in a lowder voice and then they take their time to move out of the way!
Do not preach rude to me!
I also notice you just comment on rude.....so I guess you agree with the rest of the list!

Around dallas you hardly never see a mexican in a car/truck that is more than a few years old.Mostly new vehicles.

Now its time for ya'll to try throwing the racist card out.......nope,it's a old and tired excuse
Maried

Little Rock, AR

#44 Feb 4, 2013
No I don't they are nice loving people family guys and no it's not a old tire there are several post that say things such as anybody darker then a brown paper bag is no good or Mother Nature knows best the color if sh$$ is brown and so are they So when I read posts like that its called hate for the color if somebody's skin tone so an other wards if you see a Latino and you automatically think bad about them without giving them a chance and put them all in one bucket yes it is hate racism whatever you want to call it so sorry if my son being called sh$$ pissed me off or the fact or being called bastered babies just you know I'm white USA citizen but my husband is from Central America so yes I mad my husband opens doors for people at the store has jumped started cars for people stuck in the parking lot says yes sir excuse me please and all of his family is like that so until you know someone to just say he or she is whatever cuz of skin tone it's not right for people who are doing good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 10 min bottlecap 113
News Donald Trump's Border Wall Could Have Deadly Co... 21 min positronium 153
News Trump says he'd deport undocumented immigrants ... 23 min Smartpantz 666
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 36 min VorenusI 129
News Bush, at Mexican border, denounces Trump's immi... 40 min wild child 24
News No More Anchor Babies 50 min ronnie 4
News Clinton: Republicans Want to Round Up Illegal I... 1 hr sandy1 9
More from around the web