Will National Guard Help Stop Illegal...

Will National Guard Help Stop Illegal Immigrant Influx in Texas?

There are 56 comments on the WLS-AM Chicago story from Jul 21, 2014, titled Will National Guard Help Stop Illegal Immigrant Influx in Texas?. In it, WLS-AM Chicago reports that:

Perry announced Monday that 1,000 National Guard troops would be deployed over the next month to the southern border.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-AM Chicago.

Yep2

Hernando, FL

#22 Jul 24, 2014
You could always get another screen name, Game Boy.

Honestly

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#23 Jul 24, 2014
wanting honest opinions wrote:
<quoted text>
I SO agree with you!! Last I heard, TYSON chicken took buses across the border regularly to get illegals so the would have employees who wanted to work. That's what happens in a country where u give the lazy everything from food stamps to cheese- they won't work in a pie factory. So do I blame Tyson chicken? I can't decide... We gotta have our chicken- but if American workers won't do it- then what to do, what to do...
TYSON FOODS there ya go BOYCOTT... they will learn when Americans fight with power, aka MONEY!!! Decide or let the gov. do it, you know they wont!! ITs there money base, i would bet Tyson gives lots of money to dem. and Repubs...... Wanna know something, where illegals come from they catch the chicken and pop its head off, pluck it then cook there own.. coming to America, unless we stand... DECIDE!
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#28 Jul 26, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Richie you keep saying that, and I agree, but its the freebies Obama offers the people who dont want to work. How are you gonna make him quit giving Welfare to the illegals?
*Facepalm* dude... just... stop...

1.) Welfare... is not like the lottery , it is not a freebie system, it is for people actively seeking work
2.) Most people on welfare have jobs... they literally dont make enough to survive
3.) Congress makes the laws... so... maybe you should take it up with them? Just a thought
4.) Illegal immigrants are not getting freebies either many of them work... more than the native born Americans
5.) Illegal immigrants pay taxes as well, sales tax, property tax, even federal state and local taxes. The only time they cant pay taxes is if someone pays them under the table , so blame the business owners for not trying to pay their own taxes

Studying Economics and some government laws would suffice.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#30 Jul 26, 2014
Government law makes it a crime to hire illegals.

Explain how they pay federal income tax.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#31 Jul 26, 2014
Government law, doesnt = that it isnt broken. That is how.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#32 Jul 26, 2014
Also look up ITIN. that is perfectly legal I believe
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#33 Jul 26, 2014
Uh okay

Hiring an illegal carries a 6 month jail sentence and heavy fines.

Explain again how illegals pay income tax.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#34 Jul 26, 2014
Anybody home?
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#35 Jul 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
Uh okay
Hiring an illegal carries a 6 month jail sentence and heavy fines.
Explain again how illegals pay income tax.
Ill just give you a link that will send you to ITEP if you want the figures.

Again... just because the government formulates laws, does not mean that they are not broken. I.e. SSN cards can be fabricated and yet they still pay and pay even more than the average american cause they do not get refunds.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandthe...

If you have questions feel free to look them up. We do live in the age of information.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#36 Jul 26, 2014
We also live in an age of bullhockey.

You're talking about forged government documents which is also illegal and a threat to national security.

The ITIN isn't a work permit and it isn't connected to Social Security - you have to have a Social Security number to work in the US. Neither does the ITIN grant any residency status.

You're talking about illegals using forged or stolen documents which would get them a jail sentence instead of deported.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#37 Jul 26, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
We also live in an age of bullhockey.
You're talking about forged government documents which is also illegal and a threat to national security.
The ITIN isn't a work permit and it isn't connected to Social Security - you have to have a Social Security number to work in the US. Neither does the ITIN grant any residency status.
You're talking about illegals using forged or stolen documents which would get them a jail sentence instead of deported.
I never said that anything that they were doing wasnt illegal. Please go back and read the posts. No ITIN isnt a work permit but alot of illegal immigrants trying to get legal residency here use it. They are still considered illegal. Being illegal is not a threat to national security, not on the fear full wide scale that those currently sitting at the Texas to California border are considering. You want to protect national security then you have to monitor those coming into to the country yes. But that is why we have a government in place, which they do that with programs such as ITIN. Illegal Immigration is an issue but maybe if we didnt make the process to get citizenship here for those who are willing to work or wanting a new life so difficult then we would actually have some growth in this country. The only reason some people care so much about the illegal immigrants is due to blind prejudice on their own behaves. I would be more concerned about the crazies that are native born than the ones that are seeking a new place to call home.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#38 Jul 26, 2014
Using an illegal SS card or number will get an illegal 5 years in prison - after which they are deported and can kiss any future citizenship or even a work visa goodbye.

I seriously doubt many of them take that risk - which means few of them pay income taxes.

I doubt many of them pay property taxes either.

That means sales tax on other than food - which wouldn't amount to much.

You're selling ghost stories.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#39 Jul 27, 2014
I gave you a link, your doubts are just that doubts, and until you come up with more than pure opinion then you dont really have any substance to your argument. Billions of dollars come from illegal immigrants. If you read the link and went to the .gov website you would have seen the numbers. No ghost stories. But i wouldnt doubt people being here illegally wouldnt stop them from doing other illegal things to survive. Hence why its illegal. :P
Yep2

Hernando, FL

#40 Jul 27, 2014
I came up with facts - you're the one pushing opinions.

From your link:

Illegals paid 11.2 billion in 2010-

In 2004 California alone SPENT 10.5 billion on " on the education, health care and incarceration of its illegal immigrant population."

- that's ONE state

-and the kicker-

"The Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) and the Immigration Policy Center ASSUME illegal immigrants actually pay these taxes "

That's "assume" as in Scientific Wild Azz Guess.

Yep2

Hernando, FL

#41 Jul 27, 2014
For those without a calculator-

10.5 billion in 2004 dollars equals 12.28 billion 2010 dollars.

No wonder California is going broke.
Pipsqeek

United States

#42 Jul 27, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
Using an illegal SS card or number will get an illegal 5 years in prison - after which they are deported and can kiss any future citizenship or even a work visa goodbye.

I seriously doubt many of them take that risk - which means few of them pay income taxes.

I doubt many of them pay property taxes either.

That means sales tax on other than food - which wouldn't amount to much.

I am not involved in or with illegal aliens and my town is in the middle of the eastern US. I worked with a girl who used her legal sisters social security card (from California) to be able to work. I'm betting this happens a LOT! This girl was young, in her early 20's, not that smart, but her family had shown her how to use this. Now, being that I've only known 4 Hispanics personally and one of them was doing this-my statistics prove 25% are prob doing it.
Yep2

Roy, WA

#43 Jul 27, 2014
Pipsqeek wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not involved in or with illegal aliens and my town is in the middle of the eastern US. I worked with a girl who used her legal sisters social security card (from California) to be able to work. I'm betting this happens a LOT! This girl was young, in her early 20's, not that smart, but her family had shown her how to use this. Now, being that I've only known 4 Hispanics personally and one of them was doing this-my statistics prove 25% are prob doing it.
She was paying FICA tax - but your employer was hiring an illegal in violation of federal law, and she committed a federal felony by presenting a false SSN.

Even the amount they pay is a pittance compared to what they cost, and estimates are that as many as 50% work under the table and pay no tax at all.

Where I live one will rent a house and have a dozen living there sharing the rent. I caught one buying beer and selling it to underage kids to augment his income. He got out of town real quick and haven't seen him since.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#44 Jul 27, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
I came up with facts - you're the one pushing opinions.
From your link:
Illegals paid 11.2 billion in 2010-
In 2004 California alone SPENT 10.5 billion on " on the education, health care and incarceration of its illegal immigrant population."
- that's ONE state
-and the kicker-
"The Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) and the Immigration Policy Center ASSUME illegal immigrants actually pay these taxes "
That's "assume" as in Scientific Wild Azz Guess.
Its clear you dont understand economics its okay though. I asked if you would click the actually .gov links in the link I gave you and you didnt. And a scientific wild Azz guess, is based on formulated studies which is much more than the opinion of someone who refuses to look up information. Im not hear to persuade you, you have already made up your mind. But regardless lets not pretend like illegal immigrants are somehow a threat. What is a threat is the amount of prejudices from that general region of the country for people. The whole border partrol movement is based on racism, if they were concerned about the national security they would be more actively opposed to the illegal things that are caused by the native born citizens already here. They dont even have a solution.

And this forum is inaccurate as well, given that the majority currently are refugess
Yep2

Roy, WA

#45 Jul 27, 2014
Hey chief

I quoted directly from your link.
Jaleesa

Lubbock, TX

#46 Jul 27, 2014
You didnt click the link, within the link. which is what i have been saying but its okay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump returns to immigration issue with Arizona... 2 hr Bobs Towing 25
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 3 hr Suezanne 17
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 3 hr Retribution 1,287
News Tucker Carlson Notes the Demanding Mob of Illeg... 5 hr Illegal A h0le 3
News Area activists push to make Dream Act a reality... 5 hr Willie Granville 72
News Despite Health Risks and Exploitation, Undocume... 10 hr freebird 3
News 19 Asian-Americans Arrested At Paul Ryan's Offi... 14 hr anotherview2 4
More from around the web