Obama immigration reform push expected in January

Dec 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: St. Petersburg Times

As soon as the confrontation over fiscal policy winds down, the Obama administration will begin an all-out drive for comprehensive immigration reform, including seeking a path to citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants, according to officials briefed on the plans.

Comments
41 - 60 of 65 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2012
matt

East Walpole, MA

#50 Dec 11, 2012
For those of u who don't understand my point, We All from different parts of the World. This country is home of the Indians ,so we r all illegal aliens !!!!
matt

East Walpole, MA

#51 Dec 11, 2012
I made a mistake Gangs of New York is the movie,people blame the Italians ,then the Irish ,then the Polish,Asians ,every race as been hated. Trace ur roots before u speak !!!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#52 Dec 11, 2012
Hope wrote:
Nothing is impossible when you have God by your side.... You can believe it.....
Which god would that be? There are so many, Zeus?

Houston, TX

#53 Dec 11, 2012
matt wrote:
For those of u who don't understand my point, We All from different parts of the World. This country is home of the Indians ,so we r all illegal aliens !!!!
Read history, the Indians are from somewhere else too.

Houston, TX

#54 Dec 11, 2012
matt wrote:
I made a mistake Gangs of New York is the movie,people blame the Italians ,then the Irish ,then the Polish,Asians ,every race as been hated. Trace ur roots before u speak !!!
No country wants illegal aliens no matter where you are from. Because races have been hated is no reason to allow illegal aliens to flood our country. They have a country, they are just too lazy to put any effort and time into improving it.

Houston, TX

#55 Dec 11, 2012
No amnesty will fix anything. The 1986 amnesty didn't fix anything, it just made things worse.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#56 Dec 12, 2012
matt wrote:
It was once the home of the Native Americans, but now it is the home of many that came from all points of the earth. It is a sovereign country that has immigration laws, and the legal citizens of this country demand that immigrants come here through our front door with the proper documents in hand to prove their intent is to become one of us...the legal way. That is the only point one needs to ponder.
matt

Feura Bush, NY

#57 Dec 12, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>It was once the home of the Native Americans, but now it is the home of many that came from all points of the earth. It isa sovereign country that has immigration laws, and the legal citizens of this country deman d that immigrants come here through our front door with the proper documents in hand to prove their intent is to become one of us...the legal way. That is the only point one needs to ponder.
. Yes, if u really want to talk history, just Indians ,America wasn't even discovered . Also u might not know or believe but back in 1900, the term (with out papers) was shortened to one word to call a race,heritage. And this was on Staten Island,( I think spelled correctly ). U see that's one of the laws that u call that our government changes ,and people aren't aware of, and it has changed again. And u want to talk about lazy people, let's look in our back yard!!
matt

Feura Bush, NY

#58 Dec 12, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
No country wants illegal aliens no matter where you are from. Because races have been hated is no reason to allow illegal aliens to flood our country. They have a country, they are just too lazy to put any effort and time into improving it.
. first of all ,not all people that come from other countries are lazy ,and most that come here are bringing drugs into the United States ,so why not stop the drug cartel. does anyone even know why there so many problems in Mexico ,how about because people from America buy drugs ,so it shouldn't are government be worried about the drugs that are killing our own .and as far as cheap labor if that your argument ,why don't Americans get off their b*** and stop living of the government ,instead of living on the government ,and buying drugs .it's easy for people to blame others then take responsibility for themselves .I have a family at home that I have to provide for ,I get up every day and go to work I don't b**** and I don't complain because I'm a man and that's what I have to do .and that's the problem ,how many people complain instead of doing what they have to do . if your next argument is that they're taking our jobs away ,no, we have let them take our jobs away ,and part of that you can thank your last presidents for allowing jobs to go overseas.

Location hidden

#59 Dec 12, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text>. Yes, if u really want to talk history, just Indians ,America wasn't even discovered . Also u might not know or believe but back in 1900, the term (with out papers) was shortened to one word to call a race,heritage. And this was on Staten Island,( I think spelled correctly ). U see that's one of the laws that u call that our government changes ,and people aren't aware of, and it has changed again. And u want to talk about lazy people, let's look in our back yard!!
I do agree that there are lazy people out there, but not in my backyard. we have worked since we were teens. I even worked on a line in a factory the summer before college.(If you ever saw the Lucy episode in the candy factory, that was basically me, trying to keep up with the conveyor belt, although I sure wouldn't eat any of the crap they were making.) Staten Island or Ellis Island? I am not sure I know what you are talking about. Too many people, legal and illegal are dependent upon government hand-outs, and I am sure that fraud is rampant.
matt

Attleboro, MA

#60 Dec 12, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree that there are lazy people out there, but not in my backyard. we have worked since we were teens. I even worked on a line in a factory the summer before college.(If you ever saw the Lucy episode in the candy factory, that was basically me, trying to keep up with the conveyor belt, although I sure wouldn't eat any of the crap they were making.) Staten Island or Ellis Island? I am not sure I know what you are talking about. Too many people, legal and illegal are dependent upon government hand-outs, and I am sure that fraud is rampant.
ur right Ellis Island,( I'm bad) but honestly if the government wants to stop this madness,shit or get off the pot. Do something about the drug situation . On our side and there's,but cause they don't have oil or diamonds ,we turn on head. It's all about the money. take a hard look at why America get involved in other situations,oil!

Location hidden

#61 Dec 12, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text> ur right Ellis Island,( I'm bad) but honestly if the government wants to stop this madness,shit or get off the pot. Do something about the drug situation . On our side and there's,but cause they don't have oil or diamonds ,we turn on head. It's all about the money. take a hard look at why America get involved in other situations,oil!
Mexico DOES have oil, although its production has slowed down.
http://www.eia.gov/countries/cab.cfm...

It's about greed and the love of money...on both sides of the border.
SUWANNEE

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#62 Dec 12, 2012
matt wrote:
Europeans worked or starved. No welfare in those days. Now 3rd worlders south of our border come , have babies and get on welfare. If I want to help starving people just ask don't EXPECT me to support a family of criminals with my tax dollar.
matt

South Easton, MA

#63 Dec 13, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Mexico DOES have oil, although its production has slowed down.
http://www.eia.gov/countries/cab.cfm...
It's about greed and the love of money...on both sides of the border.
No, Mexico doesn't have Oil, and that's why our government is not doing anything. Why did we go into Iraq the first time?? Yes to help our friends ,but most important oil, why the second time of let's see cause our last president owes oil company, we help u help us,hello. We could be helping Mexico government with the stopping the drug mess,which would stop this mess at our borders and make America a better place.

Location hidden

#64 Dec 13, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text>No, Mexico doesn't have Oil, and that's why our government is not doing anything. Why did we go into Iraq the first time?? Yes to help our friends ,but most important oil, why the second time of let's see cause our last president owes oil company, we help u help us,hello. We could be helping Mexico government with the stopping the drug mess,which would stop this mess at our borders and make America a better place.
Mexico is number 8 in the top ten oil producers!!!!!

http://www.malaysiandigest.com/features/59641...
matt

South Easton, MA

#65 Dec 13, 2012
SUWANNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Europeans worked or starved. No welfare in those days. Now 3rd worlders south of our border come , have babies and get on welfare. If I want to help starving people just ask don't EXPECT me to support a family of criminals with my tax dollar.
I don't either expect to support criminals with mine, but truth is we r, with all the gangs and people that don't work in USA. If our government really want to stop this mess they could. Before u criticize the innocent ,people that come over here,look into why they r. Most of the people that cross the border r BRING DRUGS to the US, cause people in US do drugs!!!! So u want to stop it,then stop the drugs, that's what has to happen!!!
SUWANNEE

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#66 Dec 13, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text> I don't either expect to support criminals with mine, but truth is we r, with all the gangs and people that don't work in USA. If our government really want to stop this mess they could. Before u criticize the innocent ,people that come over here,look into why they r. Most of the people that cross the border r BRING DRUGS to the US, cause people in US do drugs!!!! So u want to stop it,then stop the drugs, that's what has to happen!!!
Mind telling me who I criticized. There are no adult INNOCENT border jumpers.
SUWANNEE

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#67 Dec 13, 2012
matt wrote:
<quoted text> I don't either expect to support criminals with mine, but truth is we r, with all the gangs and people that don't work in USA. If our government really want to stop this mess they could. Before u criticize the innocent ,people that come over here,look into why they r. Most of the people that cross the border r BRING DRUGS to the US, cause people in US do drugs!!!! So u want to stop it,then stop the drugs, that's what has to happen!!!
I don't care WHY they come here......it's a crime. FYI MOST border jumpers ARE NOT BRINGING OVER DRUGS.
matt

Brookline, MA

#68 Dec 13, 2012
SUWANNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care WHY they come here......it's a crime. FYI MOST border jumpers ARE NOT BRINGING OVER DRUGS.
FYI, yes they r, read up on it, 48,000 people where killed within the last 10 months, the cartel have people running drugs everyday over the border. I care cause they r bring over drugs. If people really knew the truth.
matt

Brookline, MA

#69 Dec 13, 2012
SUWANNEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u know when welfare started?,1935

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's immigration decision could roil 2014 el... 1 hr Le Jimbo 14
Immigrants fill aging void 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 16
The Fix: Obama might allow millions of illegal ... 2 hr Dee Dee Dee 86
In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger ... 3 hr Soul 3
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 3 hr Cricket 23 202
5 things Obama may do to change immigration system 4 hr Asian Guy 1
White House mulls proposals to hike legal immig... 4 hr Asian Guy 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••