Border enforcement in immigration bil...

Border enforcement in immigration bill raises questions

There are 42 comments on the St. Cloud Times story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Border enforcement in immigration bill raises questions. In it, St. Cloud Times reports that:

The immigration bill filed by a bipartisan group of senators Wednesday would flood the nation's southwest border with more Border Patrol agents, National Guardsmen and fencing to hold back illegal immigration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Cloud Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 17, 2013
do the securing part then throw the rest of the bill in the garbage where it belongs,then start using all laws on the books to their fullest. problem solved.

never give in to those holding the country hostage,get illegal aliens out.
The buda21

Baltimore, MD

#3 Apr 17, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
do the securing part then throw the rest of the bill in the garbage where it belongs,then start using all laws on the books to their fullest. problem solved.
why you have to think that way yet give them the oportunities to live a better life , people are so wrong thinking that illegal immigrant are all criminal i hope they past a immigration reform

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 17, 2013
The buda21 wrote:
<quoted text>why you have to think that way yet give them the oportunities to live a better life , people are so wrong thinking that illegal immigrant are all criminal i hope they past a immigration reform

You can hope and dream and can also hope and dream the the Mexican government will improve the country so people won't have to flee it too.

Everybody has a opportunity to come to America and it starts with filling out a visa application. Those who came on a visa and stayed are no better than the ones who walked here.

There will be no reform/amnesty, it's a joke and deportations will continue. Even better when Obama retires.
JummpinBlackTras h

Pico Rivera, CA

#5 Apr 17, 2013
My... name.... Jose Jimenez..First weback...to take over a country without fireinng a chott! Ole! you stupid Gringos

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
We'll see as much border security as we saw after the 1986 amnesty.

Lather up with the K-Y, Bend over, Grab your ankles 'cause the politicians are going to do us again.
JummpinBlackTras h

Pico Rivera, CA

#7 Apr 17, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see as much border security as we saw after the 1986 amnesty.
Lather up with the K-Y, Bend over, Grab your ankles 'cause the politicians are going to do us again.
I work in Los Angeles Ca.. the place is worse than Tiajajauna ...These MoFos pass this bullshit AMNESTY bill ...It's all comminn to a town near You!!!

Location hidden

#8 Apr 18, 2013
The buda21 wrote:
<quoted text>why you have to think that way yet give them the oportunities to live a better life , people are so wrong thinking that illegal immigrant are all criminal i hope they past a immigration reform
all of these folks had their chance,could have been good people and followed the law as millions have done. there is no reason to give these folks another chance or a free ride. the best thing would be make life so harsh to be here illegally they leave and never come back,that would be the best for the country and her citizens.

shamnesty will not help it will hurt the citizens which should be the only concern of those in office.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#9 Apr 18, 2013
The ironic part of all this is that we never had an illegal immigration problem until they started cracking down at the border in the 1990's. It is what is know as unintended consequences or a self-fulfilling prophecy. Take your pick.

For well over a hundred years people would cross the border and come to the US for a few months and then return home. Nobody liked the ides, but with the constant ebb and flow the total number of undocumented people in the US remained steady.

Then in the 1990's a group named FAIR discovered there was profit to be made in riling people up about non-existent problems. As a result we started making it much more difficult to cross the border and people needed to pay smugglers.

Now it became economically unviable for people to return home after a few months so they stayed here. The problem became worse when they either brought their families here to join them or they started families here.

Now we spend huge amounts of money on border security that keeps more people in the country then it keeps out.
Finally Awake

Chula Vista, CA

#10 Apr 18, 2013
The buda21 wrote:
1) It is bad precedence to reward illegal, dishonest and bad behavior.

2) There are over 22 million MILLION AMERICAN Workers unemployed in our country. We deserve the right to a 'better life' before criminal invaders (if they broke the law, they committed crimes and if they crossed illegally or overstayed visas in mass numbers they are invaders...CRIMINAL INVADERS)

In short, WE (America) CAN NOT AFFORD TO MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS HERE, IN OUR COUNTRY taking and filling jobs and using up resources...NOT without destroying OUR OWN quality of life - which has already been deplenished, somewhat, due in part to the presence of illegal aliens.
Finally Awake

Chula Vista, CA

#11 Apr 18, 2013
JummpinBlackTrash wrote:
<quoted text>I work in Los Angeles Ca.. the place is worse than Tiajajauna ...These MoFos pass this bullshit AMNESTY bill ...It's all comminn to a town near You!!!
True. I 'fled' Los Angeles years back because of how decrepid that it had gotten over the years! I mean people in stolen sopping carts peddling Mexican snacks in insanitary conditions; Mexican gangs everywhere; spanish everywhere with no English in earsot; diseased and sick looking people coughing and not covering their mouths; schools filled to the brim and overflowing with undereducated kids who do not speak a lick of proper English (if any at all); mexican cartel gang members pushing their drugs and expanding their territories across the county; daily, seeing gang-affiliated Mexicans in assisination positions, dead, with bullets in their heads; welfare offices filled to overflowing with illegals getting benefits for themselves...err I mean for their many kids ( I worked for the ocunty of LA); and the worst thing of all was the condescending, uppity sense of entitlement attitude that most of they have as though they really feel this land is theirs and I, an AMerican, was trespassing! Amazing. I don't know about you but I do not want this crap spreading to where I have fleed - as there aren't that many places where they have not yet touched. It would only get worse with amnesty and will move in right next door to you, just as it did me.
Finally Awake

Chula Vista, CA

#12 Apr 18, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
The ironic part of all this is that we never had an illegal immigration problem until they started cracking down at the border in the 1990's. It is what is know as unintended consequences or a self-fulfilling prophecy. Take your pick.
For well over a hundred years people would cross the border and come to the US for a few months and then return home. Nobody liked the ides, but with the constant ebb and flow the total number of undocumented people in the US remained steady.
Then in the 1990's a group named FAIR discovered there was profit to be made in riling people up about non-existent problems. As a result we started making it much more difficult to cross the border and people needed to pay smugglers.
Now it became economically unviable for people to return home after a few months so they stayed here. The problem became worse when they either brought their families here to join them or they started families here.
Now we spend huge amounts of money on border security that keeps more people in the country then it keeps out.
So...you are saying it's...our fault your people do not respect the laws of our country?? Interesting.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#13 Apr 18, 2013
Finally Awake wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you are saying it's...our fault your people do not respect the laws of our country?? Interesting.
Did not say that at all. Read it again.

I don't know what you mean by "your people". For your information my people founded this country. I get the feeling that your people were just part of an earlier wave of invaders.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Apr 18, 2013
For all you know before the ten years in getting a green card most from the south will be out of here and back into Mexico and Central America where life would be much less complicated and stressful by then.

Location hidden

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
so you are saying it was not a problem back in 86,yet we were forced to give a shamnesty to the undeserving back then as well. 86 proved all involved cannot ever be trusted and that all shamnesty does is call for more.
Archangel

Prairie Village, KS

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Wow..... Seriously some people need to be in church the way they think. This country was founded by immigrants and everyone deserve the right to better themselves if they follow the law
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#19 Apr 18, 2013
Archangel wrote:
Wow..... Seriously some people need to be in church the way they think. This country was founded by immigrants and everyone deserve the right to better themselves if they follow the law
No one has the right to a better life at the expense of others and by breaking laws. Yes, this country was founded by LEGAL immigrants. You do know the diffence between legal and illegal, don't you?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#20 Apr 18, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are saying it was not a problem back in 86,yet we were forced to give a shamnesty to the undeserving back then as well. 86 proved all involved cannot ever be trusted and that all shamnesty does is call for more.
Did you ever go to school? Your writing and logical skills are just terrible. Your sense of history is no better.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Apr 18, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
Explain why in 1986 we had to give amnesty to millions ??? and then didnt secure the border ?? If they were just coming to work for a few months they would not be interested . With amnesty the could bring family members (Anchor family) here because some would be here already and could not be deported .they would have houses and could hide these people which is what they did for twenty years . the kids are now twenty-0ne plus and looking at college legals and illegals that grew up side by side .these people all still hold citizen ship in Mexico . Mexico would take them all back as citizens . Duel citizenship . things didnt get cheaper because illegals snuck in and stole a job . Illegals just make less then a Us citizen would and no benefits. but get welfare . rich do not pay for that the middle class does ,So not only are you not getting a good wage you are paying people to steal your job. banks , ceo's , foreman , etc are fithy rich . and a lot of people are on unemployment and welfare because of it . and that does not pay the bills forever.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Apr 18, 2013
Archangel wrote:
They are not immigrants. Immigrants enter the country legally, apply for a visa, green card etc. After the prescribed time with no deportable offenses can become naturalized citizens. The ones wanting amnesty are criminal illegal border crossers, not immigrants in ant form.

If you want an earful, come to NM (60% mexican heritage population) and ask a REAL immigrant from Mexico what their feelings are about the illegals. I think you would be surprised at the many whose anger at the amnesty surpass many on the right.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Apr 18, 2013
Finally Awake wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I 'fled' Los Angeles years back because of how decrepid that it had gotten over the years! I mean people in stolen sopping carts peddling Mexican snacks in insanitary conditions; Mexican gangs everywhere; spanish everywhere with no English in earsot; diseased and sick looking people coughing and not covering their mouths; schools filled to the brim and overflowing with undereducated kids who do not speak a lick of proper English (if any at all); mexican cartel gang members pushing their drugs and expanding their territories across the county; daily, seeing gang-affiliated Mexicans in assisination positions, dead, with bullets in their heads; welfare offices filled to overflowing with illegals getting benefits for themselves...err I mean for their many kids ( I worked for the ocunty of LA); and the worst thing of all was the condescending, uppity sense of entitlement attitude that most of they have as though they really feel this land is theirs and I, an AMerican, was trespassing! Amazing. I don't know about you but I do not want this crap spreading to where I have fleed - as there aren't that many places where they have not yet touched. It would only get worse with amnesty and will move in right next door to you, just as it did me.
So what is your solution??I really would not like to see calif be turned over to mexico. Nice family parks and the beach. Id like to see the good people protected and the national guard called out to clean house . Seal that border .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illegal Immigration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, top Democrats reach deal on DACA immigrants 50 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 62
News DACA recipients question future 1 hr Katrina 202
News 7.1 magnitude earthquake rocks Central Mexico 2 hr Top Gun 2
News Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Illinois Democrat (Asso... 2 hr Chinga Tu Madre 6
News Central Ohio DACA recipients want to stay in Am... 11 hr Wildchild 1
News Dem Senator Suggests RUSSIA To Blame For DREAMe... 11 hr Wildchild 1
News Hurricane Irma: For undocumented immigrants, th... 11 hr Lawrence Wolf 11
More from around the web