Man sentenced to 24 months in prison ...

Man sentenced to 24 months in prison for Hackleburg disaster fraud

There are 1 comment on the Alabama Live story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Man sentenced to 24 months in prison for Hackleburg disaster fraud. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

A man from rural Alabama was sentenced today to 24 months in prison for lying to the Federal Emergency Management Agency to receive money after the widespread tornado outbreak of April 27, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

done with family

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 12, 2013
what a shame my son was in that same tornado and spent days in the hospital he never got the first dime from the check FEMA sent to my brother who was also in the tornado my mom cashed the check and my son never got a dime goes to show you people are greedy and family being the worst just hope you can sleep at night knowing my son was rightfuly entitled to it just as yours was

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FEMA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baxter Springs wona t get FEMA aid after tornado (May '14) Oct '15 lobster102 4
News DHS and FEMA now using U.S. hospitals to monito... Oct '15 ronnie 3
News Our Opinion: Community safe rooms need a strong... Sep '15 NSA 24
News Cochran, Wicker announce FEMA grants for safe r... Sep '15 Blown Away 3
News Flood zones could expand, raising costs for som... Sep '15 Your Ex 3
News Public Invited to Comment on Flood Maps for the... Sep '15 teresa 1
News Bush returns to New Orleans for 10th anniversar... Aug '15 Wish 17
More from around the web