Vallejo man free after decade struggl...

Vallejo man free after decade struggle to clear his name

There are 60 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from May 5, 2009, titled Vallejo man free after decade struggle to clear his name. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Did he spend a decade in prison for a crime he didn't commit? Or is he free today on a technicality? Those are questions that could follow Joe Lea, of Vallejo, for years to come after recently winning his protracted battle to clear his name after child molestation charges landed him in state prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Cops-FFs-Welfare Queens

Half Moon Bay, CA

#22 May 6, 2009
I spent a decade clearing the se men out of my throat. But you dont hear me complaining.
Illegal Mexican

United States

#23 May 6, 2009
THEY NEED TO PAY HIM wrote:
I HOPE HE SUE THE **** OUT THE VALLEJO PD THE DA's office and the crazy mother that said he did it. But more so the police department that have a way in really making some good false reports i hope he really sue they ****. THEY need to pay him for every year he spent in jail
hahahahahahahahaahahahaha FAT CHANCE
Xman

Hayward, CA

#24 May 6, 2009
This is bullcrap this guy is as guilty as they come!! I don't feel sorry for him I feel sorry for his NEXT victim!!! Come on twice he was ACCUSED of SEXUALY MOLESTING a child!!! How does that happen??? He better stay off my block!!
VPD watch this guy please!!!
Illegal Mexican

United States

#25 May 6, 2009
Xman wrote:
This is bullcrap this guy is as guilty as they come!! I don't feel sorry for him I feel sorry for his NEXT victim!!! Come on twice he was ACCUSED of SEXUALY MOLESTING a child!!! How does that happen??? He better stay off my block!!
VPD watch this guy please!!!
Amen, like I said, to all the bleeding hearts, take this guy into your home. Or are you afraid?
Xman

Hayward, CA

#28 May 6, 2009
MYLORDHELPTHEM wrote:
p.s. no real evidence provided either, what part of "reading" the article didnt suit your accusing needs?
Listen dipshitee do you know what "Bifurcate" means? Thats what happens to information related to the molester before the jury hears the case. I'm sure the first trial overturned was a result of information provided about true facts of the molester that shoud have or were "bifurcated". He is GUILTY but because our system is dsigned to help the accused he is FREE to molest again!!!
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#29 May 6, 2009
MYLORDHELPTHEM wrote:
ok mr "illegal mexican" (if thats in fact what you are-do you like how da fact that you call yourself that doesnt spark any disinterest/debate?)anyways, you might as well call yourself a "racist" too because of your hate without real cause. put yourself in this man's shoes(if your mind can handle something simple like that), say you were accused(no evidence) of rape, & the only thing they could do is believe a 3yr old child(you might understand their mind capacity because you seem real good at it rite now) & a family member with a grudge on you, plus da fact that you have a criminal past(on parole for "assult with a deadly weapon" not "molestation"-since you cant get that part rite either), things arent gonna go in your favor because you are in the "system"!!! point blank period, unless you got the money for a good lawyer!!
he took da case for something he didnt do....does anybody care that they said he had an alibi?!
pretty messed up!
i hope his life does pick up after all of this because that is one of many things he should get back since he cant get back the 10yrs he lost!!!
for all we know you maybe a molester, what makes you exempt, because YOU say so?
LOVE IT
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#30 May 6, 2009
Xman wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen dipshitee do you know what "Bifurcate" means? Thats what happens to information related to the molester before the jury hears the case. I'm sure the first trial overturned was a result of information provided about true facts of the molester that shoud have or were "bifurcated". He is GUILTY but because our system is dsigned to help the accused he is FREE to molest again!!!
SO THEN WHY AS U SAY BIFURCATE INFORMATION????? ARE U TRYING TO SAY THAT EVIDENCE WAS PROVIDED THAT WOULD FURTHER SUPPORT THIS MANS GUILT?? YOU MAKE THIS STATEMENT WITHOUT GIVING ANY CONSIDERATION TO THE POSSIBLITY THAT INFORMATION THAT COULD SPEAK TO A PERSON'S INNOCENCE MAY ALSO BE BIFURCATED...DONT TRY TO SLING LEGAL TERMS LIKE IT MAKES U AN EXPERT..JUST ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION...DO U KNOW WITH ABOSULTE CERTAINTY OF THIS MANS GUILT??? DO U REALLY BELIEVE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM CONSPIRED TO ALLOW A CHILD MOLESTER TO WALK FREE?? IF U ADMIT TO FLAWS IN THE SYSTEM THAT U MUST AGREE THAT THOSE FLAWS CAN LEAD TO A WRONGFUL CONVICTION ...DO U NOT???
LegalMexican

San Rafael, CA

#31 May 6, 2009
"The mother also claims Lea sexually abused her older son in 1988, when Lea was 13 and the other boy was 5."

Now why would this woman let her other son be alone with this guy?

She claims her 2 1/2 3 year old described the sexual acts from a to z? I find this hard to believe without being enticed.
Illegal Mexican

United States

#32 May 6, 2009
MYLORDHELPTHEM wrote:
ok mr "illegal mexican" (if thats in fact what you are-do you like how da fact that you call yourself that doesnt spark any disinterest/debate?)anyways, you might as well call yourself a "racist" too because of your hate without real cause. put yourself in this man's shoes(if your mind can handle something simple like that), say you were accused(no evidence) of rape, & the only thing they could do is believe a 3yr old child(you might understand their mind capacity because you seem real good at it rite now) & a family member with a grudge on you, plus da fact that you have a criminal past(on parole for "assult with a deadly weapon" not "molestation"-since you cant get that part rite either), things arent gonna go in your favor because you are in the "system"!!! point blank period, unless you got the money for a good lawyer!!
he took da case for something he didnt do....does anybody care that they said he had an alibi?!
pretty messed up!
i hope his life does pick up after all of this because that is one of many things he should get back since he cant get back the 10yrs he lost!!!
for all we know you maybe a molester, what makes you exempt, because YOU say so?
This would all be good if in fact you knew the facts in his case. Right now it would be fair to say you are only guessing. So, with that, neither one of us or anyone else on the blog really knows any facts in the case. So all we are doing is spinning our hats.

As for my name, it irritates some people, so I will keep it for a while, then I will try something else. If is racist, I don't think so. Saying you are racist is wide open. Just because someone says one thing, wears another does not make them racist. Again, the motivation is to irritate.
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#33 May 6, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
This would all be good if in fact you knew the facts in his case. Right now it would be fair to say you are only guessing. So, with that, neither one of us or anyone else on the blog really knows any facts in the case. So all we are doing is spinning our hats.
As for my name, it irritates some people, so I will keep it for a while, then I will try something else. If is racist, I don't think so. Saying you are racist is wide open. Just because someone says one thing, wears another does not make them racist. Again, the motivation is to irritate.
CAREFUL THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER ......IS SHOWING...WHEN YOUR READY TO SHOW US THE REAL U AND U NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TOO...I'LL BE THERE.....I'LL BE THERE.... JUST CALL MY NAME AND I'LL BE THERE :)LMFAO
Bruce Wayne

Oakland, CA

#34 May 6, 2009
It seems that there are those that take these threads way too seriously, others that are quite good at playing the game, and a few that have not yet figured it out.
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#35 May 6, 2009
Bruce Wayne wrote:
It seems that there are those that take these threads way too seriously, others that are quite good at playing the game, and a few that have not yet figured it out.
OH AND STILL THERE ARE OTHERS WHO USE THESE THREADS AS A FORM OF ESCAPISM...AND THOSE WHO SEARCH FOR VALIDATION IN THE EYES OF COMPLETE STRANGERS BECAUSE THEY FAIL TO SEE IT IN THEIR OWN REFLECTION...AND THOSE WHO JUST LIVE THEIR LIVES WITH LITTLE OR NO REAL POWER AND SO THEY EXCERCISE THEIR AGRESSION THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN..... PASSIVELY...OR THOSE WHO ARE JUST FULL OF IT....:) THINK THAT COVERS EVERYBODY...:)
Xman

Hayward, CA

#36 May 6, 2009
CHRISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
SO THEN WHY AS U SAY BIFURCATE INFORMATION????? ARE U TRYING TO SAY THAT EVIDENCE WAS PROVIDED THAT WOULD FURTHER SUPPORT THIS MANS GUILT?? YOU MAKE THIS STATEMENT WITHOUT GIVING ANY CONSIDERATION TO THE POSSIBLITY THAT INFORMATION THAT COULD SPEAK TO A PERSON'S INNOCENCE MAY ALSO BE BIFURCATED...DONT TRY TO SLING LEGAL TERMS LIKE IT MAKES U AN EXPERT..JUST ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION...DO U KNOW WITH ABOSULTE CERTAINTY OF THIS MANS GUILT??? DO U REALLY BELIEVE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM CONSPIRED TO ALLOW A CHILD MOLESTER TO WALK FREE?? IF U ADMIT TO FLAWS IN THE SYSTEM THAT U MUST AGREE THAT THOSE FLAWS CAN LEAD TO A WRONGFUL CONVICTION ...DO U NOT???
I know for a fact "Bifurcating" is real. There have been cases where a person comitted the exact crime they are being accused of prior to the comission of the crime being tried and that valuable information is kept from the jury through "Bifurcation". This guy is guilty!! I respect your position but Chrissy read between the lines here. This guy has a pattern and if your child described in detail a sex act and told you who did it are you saying you would not believe your child? I just wonder if there are similarities between the two cases and if so was that information "Bifurcated".
Illegal Mexican

United States

#37 May 6, 2009
CHRISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
CAREFUL THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER ......IS SHOWING...WHEN YOUR READY TO SHOW US THE REAL U AND U NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TOO...I'LL BE THERE.....I'LL BE THERE.... JUST CALL MY NAME AND I'LL BE THERE :)LMFAO
You are too funny and yes, I love playing people this blog. I know, it is mean, but what the heck. Until the TH makes us use real names, it is on.
Vallejo ex-pat

The Colony, TX

#38 May 6, 2009
Does the editor proof read any work that the reporters do? Habeus corpus is spelled habeas corpus if they cannot even spell right then how in the heck can they report the facts.
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#40 May 7, 2009
Xman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact "Bifurcating" is real. There have been cases where a person comitted the exact crime they are being accused of prior to the comission of the crime being tried and that valuable information is kept from the jury through "Bifurcation". This guy is guilty!! I respect your position but Chrissy read between the lines here. This guy has a pattern and if your child described in detail a sex act and told you who did it are you saying you would not believe your child? I just wonder if there are similarities between the two cases and if so was that information "Bifurcated".
I READ THE ARTICLE & IT SEEMED TO ME HE HAD NOT BEEN CONVICTED PRIOR..IN FACT IT APPEARED THE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST THE 5 YEAR OLD DID NOT SURFACE UNTIL NEARLY A DECADE LATER WHEN THE OTHER CHILD WAS VICTIMIZED THAT RAISED QUESTIONS TO ME...I WILL NOT SPEAK TO A MANS GUILT OR INNOCENCE UNLESS I HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE..I JUST FIND IT INTERESTING THAT SOME CANNOT EVEN CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY THAT HE MAY BE INNOCENT..TRUSTING THE CHILD IS NOT THE ISSUE..MY CONCERN IS THE PARENT..JUST PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE :)
Silvester Lewis 111

Gilbert, AZ

#41 May 7, 2009
(Pooh) Joe Lea is my cousin we grew up together Vanessa also are cousin knows he did'nt do this. She has some real issues. Love you cuz. Lil-SiL
Silvester Lewis 111

Gilbert, AZ

#42 May 7, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll be judged because he already has had felony convictions. He will do it again, maybe your daughter, son, sister or brother. Would that then be justice? Then, you and he, can blame it on the system, again.
This city is full of sexual predators. You go on and protect them.
So because you have had convictions your guilty, wow that's why you live in Santa Rosa, my cuz didn't do this lady. Like my mans said Blacks are sent to prison and havent done anything wrong do some DAM research.
Casual Observer

Vallejo, CA

#43 May 7, 2009
Silvester Lewis 111 wrote:
<quoted text>So because you have had convictions your guilty, wow that's why you live in Santa Rosa, my cuz didn't do this lady. Like my mans said Blacks are sent to prison and havent done anything wrong do some DAM research.
Your "cuz" was convicted. How do you know he did not do this? Where is YOUR proof. I live in Vallejo, not Santa Rosa. You need to do some DAMN research yourself and quit listening to your "mans". A good English course would do you some good, too.

Your "cuz" was a convicted felon before being convicted of molesting a 3 year old child. He is whining about being judged about this so-called false imprisonment and accusation. He will be judged because he is STILL A FELON.
CHRISSY

Vallejo, CA

#44 May 7, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "cuz" was convicted. How do you know he did not do this? Where is YOUR proof. I live in Vallejo, not Santa Rosa. You need to do some DAMN research yourself and quit listening to your "mans". A good English course would do you some good, too.
Your "cuz" was a convicted felon before being convicted of molesting a 3 year old child. He is whining about being judged about this so-called false imprisonment and accusation. He will be judged because he is STILL A FELON.
HAVING A PRIOR CONVICTION DOES NOT MAKE HIM GUILTY AUTOMATICALLY.....A PERSON CAN COMMIT A CRIME AND NEVER COMMIT ANOTHER ONE...OPEN YOUR MIND

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court upholds California energy crisis manipula... Sep 8 discocrisco 1
News More than 200 musicians rally behind appeal of ... Sep 1 BHM5267 3
News Federal Court rules Arizona cannot legally deny... Jul '16 nada 72
News Copyright lawsuits involving hit songs Jun '16 John McCharlie 3
News Appeals court: No right to carry concealed weap... Jun '16 WeTheSheeple 79
News Concealed carry in public not guaranteed under ... Jun '16 payme 11
News Could appeals court concealed carry ruling impa... Jun '16 RiflemanIII 1
More from around the web