Vallejo man free after decade struggle to clear his name

Did he spend a decade in prison for a crime he didn't commit? Or is he free today on a technicality? Those are questions that could follow Joe Lea, of Vallejo, for years to come after recently winning his protracted battle to clear his name after child molestation charges landed him in state prison. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Casual Observer

Vallejo, CA

#1 May 5, 2009
And, another child molester is allowed to walk the streets of Vallejo.

It happens all the time to kids too young to testify in this nasty little town full of drug addicts. It happened to Fairchild, it happened to Sanchez and it happened to Jeremy Stoner.

Props should go out to the prosecutor for getting this POS on the street for 10 years. It's sickening to think that taxpayer money was paid to get him out.
WALL-E

Vallejo, CA

#2 May 5, 2009
Wow, your quick to judge. If he infact did not do it, why should he sit in prison on our tax dollar? People are wrongly convicted sometimes, and this could be the case. You would be surprised the legnths some people will go to, to get a conviction.
If he did do it, then he should be in prison. For the time being, he will have to try to make it in this horribly judgemental society, and everywhere he goes the eyes of the public will be on him and taunt him. If he is innocent, he will still in the eyes of the public be treated as guilty. That is unfair. Imagine if that was you.
Casual Observer

Vallejo, CA

#3 May 5, 2009
WALL-E wrote:
Wow, your quick to judge. If he infact did not do it, why should he sit in prison on our tax dollar? People are wrongly convicted sometimes, and this could be the case. You would be surprised the legnths some people will go to, to get a conviction.
If he did do it, then he should be in prison. For the time being, he will have to try to make it in this horribly judgemental society, and everywhere he goes the eyes of the public will be on him and taunt him. If he is innocent, he will still in the eyes of the public be treated as guilty. That is unfair. Imagine if that was you.
He'll be judged because he already has had felony convictions. He will do it again, maybe your daughter, son, sister or brother. Would that then be justice? Then, you and he, can blame it on the system, again.

This city is full of sexual predators. You go on and protect them.
Wall-E

Vallejo, CA

#4 May 5, 2009
I'm not protecting anybody. What information do you have other than this article to base your opinion on. I hope it not just this article, becuase that does not play in your favor. I'm simply stating if he is innocent, it's still going to suck for him, becuase in the public's eyes (like your's) he will always be guilty.
Illegal Mexican

San Francisco, CA

#5 May 5, 2009
Wall-E wrote:
I'm not protecting anybody. What information do you have other than this article to base your opinion on. I hope it not just this article, becuase that does not play in your favor. I'm simply stating if he is innocent, it's still going to suck for him, becuase in the public's eyes (like your's) he will always be guilty.
Bull Pucky, you are protecting a child molester. How does that make you feel. Dude got out on a technicality. So Casual is correct in saying maybe he will target your kid, or sister, or another friends kid. Time will tell. Bottom line, Vallejo is full of nuts like this. What a shame.
Wall-E

Vallejo, CA

#6 May 5, 2009
No, i'm not protecting anybody. Go back and read my posts.
CHRISSY

Oakland, CA

#7 May 5, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Pucky, you are protecting a child molester. How does that make you feel. Dude got out on a technicality. So Casual is correct in saying maybe he will target your kid, or sister, or another friends kid. Time will tell. Bottom line, Vallejo is full of nuts like this. What a shame.
and maybe he is innocent and he was wrongly accused that never happens does it?????? we may never know the truth...
Wall-E

Vallejo, CA

#9 May 5, 2009
AMEN
Illegal Mexican

San Francisco, CA

#10 May 5, 2009
Wall-E wrote:
No, i'm not protecting anybody. Go back and read my posts.
Get over yourself. You can CHRISSY can share love flowers with each other. Hey, I have an idea, why don't you let this guy stay at your house and he can tell you how he was wronged. Maybe you can hire him to clean your house and do your yard work.
Illegal Mexican

San Francisco, CA

#11 May 5, 2009
MYLORDHELPTHEM wrote:
WHY SHOULD "MAN" FIND A WAY TO PUNISH SOMEONE FOR A TERRIBLE ACT? IF THIS MAN IS IN ANY WAY GUILTY, HE WILL REAP WHAT HE SOWS! WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE? THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED, AINT GONNA COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO ENTERTAIN YOUR LITTLE NOTIONS TO TELL YOU "WHODONEIT" IF, ANYTHING WAS DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, & GOD HAS A WAY OF GETTING EVERYONE'S ATTENTION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. ITS SAD, BUT TRUE. WATCH & LEARN. IF HE IS MEANT TO BE LOCKED UP, HE'LL BE BACK ON HIS OWN ACCORD, LETS JUST HOPE SOMETHING POSITIVE HAPPENS FROM THIS EXPERIENCE.
I PRAY THAT ALL WORKS FOR THE BEST FOR ALL THE PARTIES INVOLVED. GOD BLESS!
There is nothing positive about child molest you freak
CHRISSY

Oakland, CA

#12 May 5, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself. You can CHRISSY can share love flowers with each other. Hey, I have an idea, why don't you let this guy stay at your house and he can tell you how he was wronged. Maybe you can hire him to clean your house and do your yard work.
HOW IMPRESSIVE...U KNOW WITH 100% CERTAINITY OF HIS GUILT OR INNOCENCE???? WHAT MOTIVIATION WOULD HE HAVE TO GO PUBLIC IF HE WAS IN FACT GUILTY???? AT LEAST IF I DID HIRE HIM I WOULD KNOW WHAT I WAS GETTING AS OPPOSED TO JUST ASSUMING SOMEONE IS RIGHTEOUS BECAUSE OF WHAT??????? BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN CAUGHT AT IT???? DO U THINK EVERYTHING U READ IS PURE FACT???
Illegal Mexican

San Francisco, CA

#13 May 5, 2009
CHRISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW IMPRESSIVE...U KNOW WITH 100% CERTAINITY OF HIS GUILT OR INNOCENCE???? WHAT MOTIVIATION WOULD HE HAVE TO GO PUBLIC IF HE WAS IN FACT GUILTY???? AT LEAST IF I DID HIRE HIM I WOULD KNOW WHAT I WAS GETTING AS OPPOSED TO JUST ASSUMING SOMEONE IS RIGHTEOUS BECAUSE OF WHAT??????? BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN CAUGHT AT IT???? DO U THINK EVERYTHING U READ IS PURE FACT???
A judge and jury found him guilty, the victims mom strongly believes he is guilty. What more do you want? A court error and all of a sudden you love child molesters? Bring him home to your house and give him room and board. I hope you have kids. They should know their mom supports child molesters.
CHRISSY

Oakland, CA

#14 May 5, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
A judge and jury found him guilty, the victims mom strongly believes he is guilty. What more do you want? A court error and all of a sudden you love child molesters? Bring him home to your house and give him room and board. I hope you have kids. They should know their mom supports child molesters.
what error did the judge make that would allow him to go free...??? and if the mother knew he molested her older child years before why then subject a younger child to him...this does something for her credibility...no...??? these alleged incidents were nearly 11 years apart... the courts decided this based on more information than u and me have...where is the outrage from the mother??? if i felt someone had molested my child and was going free, i'd be front and center...i am questioning things as one should..and considering info..that is all..
Ned Kelly

Sonoma, CA

#15 May 5, 2009
Yes you are, Wall-e! You CANT sit smugly on the fence on this one. He already HAD convictions! I would never, EVER give the benefit of the doubt in this case. I err on the side of keeping our children safe; sounds like you err on giving the criminals a break. Keep typing, I am sure Joe appreciates your support. Try giving some to the victims, and not the sleazy defense low-ya's. Great, one more Megan’s Law perp on the streets of Vallejo.
(He would have been better off had he been a pregnant liberal who aborted/killed the child; that heinous crime would not have garnered line ONE in this nor any other liberal newspaper, right liberal democrat ladies?)
Scott

Boise, ID

#16 May 5, 2009
Once they do it they never stop so time will tell.
Casual Observer

Vallejo, CA

#17 May 5, 2009
CHRISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the child. And yes, a child of that age can explain what has happened to her/him.

As far as being judged, he was a felon before he was sent to prison for molesting a child. Fk him.
Illegal Mexican

San Francisco, CA

#18 May 5, 2009
CHRISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
what error did the judge make that would allow him to go free...??? and if the mother knew he molested her older child years before why then subject a younger child to him...this does something for her credibility...no...??? these alleged incidents were nearly 11 years apart... the courts decided this based on more information than u and me have...where is the outrage from the mother??? if i felt someone had molested my child and was going free, i'd be front and center...i am questioning things as one should..and considering info..that is all..
It is because of people like you that guilty violent criminals go free. Again, why don't you help this poor soul out. ehheheheh
Cops-FFs-Welfare Queens

Beaumont, CA

#19 May 5, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because of people like you that guilty violent criminals go free. Again, why don't you help this poor soul out. ehheheheh
It's because of losers like you we have criminals.

ehehehehehehehe..........
THEY NEED TO PAY HIM

United States

#20 May 6, 2009
I HOPE HE SUE THE SHIT OUT THE VALLEJO PD THE DA's office and the crazy mother that said he did it. But more so the police department that have a way in really making some good false reports i hope he really sue they ass. THEY need to pay him for every year he spent in jail
CHRISSY

Oakland, CA

#21 May 6, 2009
Illegal Mexican wrote:
<quoted text>
AND IS BECAUSE OF YOU THE INNOCENT ARE FOUND GUILTY ...NO EHHHH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judges Hear NSA Snooping Cases 3 min glenravi 1
US court reconsiders order to have YouTube remo... Tue barefoot2626 46
Sea Shepherd 'in contempt of US court' Dec 19 Your Ex 1
Immigrants Closer to Driver's Licenses in Arizona Dec 19 Guess Who 1
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona Dec 19 Guess Who 10
Young immigrants allowed to get driver's licenses Dec 18 OId Sailor 1
Supreme Court Justices reject Arizona bid over ... Dec 16 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
More from around the web