Idaho makes final preparations for execution

Jun 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTIV-TV Sioux City

An Idaho man convicted of brutally killing a woman nearly three decades ago and mutilating her body is set to be executed Tuesday, marking the first time witnesses will be allowed to watch the whole process of lethal injection in the state after a challenge by media organizations.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Murder is murder, state-sanctioned or not. Those present will be witnessing the murder of a murderer.

Hope they get off on it. I'll be supporting an end to the death penalty in the U.S.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I shared office space with a modern arson investigation team for 10 years so go bullshit someone else I am not buying it, that fire reached flashover, when a fire reaches the flashover threshold, it is impossible to visually identify accelerant patterns. While the prosecutor thought that the "bizarre" path of the flame indicated that an accelerant was used, the path of the fire followed a post-flashover pattern of going in the direction of ventilation. He was accused of using an acceleration in three rooms not just the kids bedroom, the front porch was the only place where an accelerant was verified by laboratory tests, and a photograph taken of the house before the fire showed that a charcoal grill was there. The family confirmed that lighter fluid was by the grill used for family barbecues. Water sprayed by firefighters likely spread the lighter fluid from the melted container. All twenty of the indications listed by Vasquez of an accelerant being used were rebutted by Hurst. Doctor Hurst is not just some expert for hire, he is the top expert in the field and it not going to lie about this stuff and if he why are then not other experts saying he is wrong. Every fire expert who has looked at this agrees with him to the man, no exceptions, the state even agrees with him now regarding the fire but say it is not their fault. You are 100% wrong on the fire and simply do not want to accept it.
The reason you are confused is that between the time that Willingham was convicted and the time he was executed fire science changed and not just a little bit, it changed significantly. It was not until they started experimenting by setting research fires with special equipment inside that they truly understood some of the things that happened inside and why.
Right... and I'm the King of England.

Flashover would not have left those accelerant patterns on the children's bedroom floor. In fact, the condition of the house and the children's room after the fire's extinction suggests there may have never been a flashover. By the extensive time interval expired involving Hurst, he was senile and was "iffy."
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
The Commission in Texas was politically motivated and findings skewed twofold to abuse Perry and further the stance of anti-death penalty advocates. I have researched the evidence and findings. The original findings at the scene are relevant and imposing. The fire pattern and burn progress certainly establishes intentionality. The subsequent heralding of a questionable "expert" is based on such provably wrong assertions of "IF" there was a can of accelerant on the front porch, which of course there was not, etc. The fire scene investigated was not available to the subsequent "experts." Willingham was properly tried, properly convicted, properly reviewed many, many times and properly executed.
Your "research" is nothing but bird-cage liner. You're not a plausible authority on anything more advanced than nose-picking. Willingham was likely innocent; you therefore are endorsing his murder.

Which makes you an anti-social thug.
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... and I'm the King of England.
Flashover would not have left those accelerant patterns on the children's bedroom floor. In fact, the condition of the house and the children's room after the fire's extinction suggests there may have never been a flashover. By the extensive time interval expired involving Hurst, he was senile and was "iffy."
What harvey said, you got nothing quit even trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••