Supreme Court clears ban on gay conve...

Supreme Court clears ban on gay conversion therapy

There are 15 comments on the The Fresno Bee story from Jun 30, 2014, titled Supreme Court clears ban on gay conversion therapy. In it, The Fresno Bee reports that:

The justices turned aside a legal challenge brought by supporters of so-called conversion or reparative therapy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Fresno Bee.

Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jun 30, 2014
This is HUGE!
Now we can throw all those pesky snarling evangelical fundamentalist 'ex-gay' career criminal quacks into the dungeon
Feed 'em to the lions!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
Why is the Supreme Court against people trying to help queers overcome their mental illness?
We're not mentally ill
You are ;o)

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#4 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
Why is the Supreme Court against people trying to help queers overcome their mental illness?
Because the Supreme Court, like every reputable Medical and Psychological professional organization around the world, understands that being gay is not a mental illness.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#5 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
Psychiatrists don't have time to waste on such quackery when their plates are already overflowing with genuine mental illnesses like yours.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#6 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
Dumb homophobe, the psychiatrists say that homosexuality is not a mental illness. It NEVER HAS or NEVER WILL be a mental illness. You cannot change a person's sexual orientation. Get the picture?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#8 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
Only psychiatrists in America and Western Europe where they're forced to lie. In countries like Russia and the African nations where they are allowed to speak the truth, they say homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Tell yourself whatever fits your anti-gay hatred. And feel free to move to Russia or Africa....the less bigots in America, the better.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#9 Jun 30, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychiatrists don't have time to waste on such quackery when their plates are already overflowing with genuine mental illnesses like yours.
Bingo!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
Only psychiatrists in America and Western Europe where they're forced to lie. In countries like Russia and the African nations where they are allowed to speak the truth, they say homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Move there. They need more stupid people I'm sure.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 30, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Tell yourself whatever fits your anti-gay hatred. And feel free to move to Russia or Africa....the less bigots in America, the better.
Exactly.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 30, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
Prove it. Become gay for a day. You might like it. Remember, he who falls last falls the hardest.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#13 Jun 30, 2014
Between the Ads by Zinc clogging my browser and all the loser lurkers here, I'll just say - Have fun with this nonsense.
Bye.
Jumper Founder of H A G

Morgantown, KY

#14 Jun 30, 2014
This is a small step for gays fighting for equal rights to be neurotic like normal people.
H.A.G. applauds this ruling.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#17 Jul 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those new video ads messin up the page for you too ?
Is here. TOPIX has waaay to many bs ads. I can hit renew page and read the last post before all the ads and bs loads. Should be someway to stop that bs.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#19 Jul 1, 2014
Rutherford wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, right.

The psychiatrists and psychologists who work in countries with high levels of education and freedom are "forced to lie", while those workings in countries with poor education and strong-arm governments are "allowed to speak the truth".

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#20 Jul 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 5 pc's (too many if anybody wants to buy one or two of them), and on one of my pc;s, for reasons I have never been able to determine, NO ADS SHOW UP on the topix site when using that pc on here. Don't know why. They just don't. But everything else shows up on it and it works fine.
But the new video ads on this site make the page bounce around a lot (I use chrome on this site).
(And it's sposed to hit 110 degrees here today and tomorrw. LOL :()
110 is not bad esp. when there is little or no humidity! I'd take it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 23 hr Truth 170
News Federal appeals court upholds Google trademark May 17 CodeTalker 1
News Clint Eastwood backs gay marriage in Supreme Co... (Mar '13) May 16 Norwegian Supremacy 73
News 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to weigh Dona... May 16 Well Well 7
News Appeals court set to hear arguments on Trump's ... May 8 Retribution 10
News Court: Employers can pay women less based on pa... Apr 28 anonymous 3
News Court denies mustang appeal sought by Nevada co... Apr 27 okimar 3
More from around the web