Judge says Wash. can't make pharmacie...

Judge says Wash. can't make pharmacies sell Plan B

There are 27 comments on the NWCN.com story from Feb 22, 2012, titled Judge says Wash. can't make pharmacies sell Plan B. In it, NWCN.com reports that:

Washington state cannot force pharmacies to sell Plan B or other emergency contraceptives, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, saying the state's true goal was to suppress religious objections by druggists - not to promote timely access to the medicines for people who need them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWCN.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1 Feb 22, 2012
strike a blow for freedom!
dis bud 4U

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#2 Feb 22, 2012
dont snow me wrote:
strike a blow for freedom!
if da ABC plan no work then 123 plun is on da way! ;)
Who

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2012
You liberal sickos want a "plan B"?

Dudes - keep it in your pants.
Girls - keep your legs closed.
Advil Bitweeem iBall

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Who wrote:
You liberal sickos want a "plan B"?
Dudes - keep it in your pants.
Girls - keep your legs closed.
;-000000h, yea! ;)~
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#7 Feb 23, 2012
If a pharmacist can't do their job without imposing their bronze age myths on patients it is time to find another line of work! This is decision between a doctor and patient and does not involve the pharmacist. This is hardly a 'blow for freedom.'
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#8 Feb 23, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
If a pharmacist can't do their job without imposing their bronze age myths on patients it is time to find another line of work! This is decision between a doctor and patient and does not involve the pharmacist. This is hardly a 'blow for freedom.'
The government has no business telling ANYONE what products they must stock on their store shelves, ESPECIALLY if that product offends their religious sense of decency.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Good ruling.
If only it applied to the Federal Government.

Obama proposed that insurance companies must give contraceptives away for free. His true goal was to suppress religious objections by Catholic hospitals and schools.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#10 Feb 23, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
Good ruling.
If only it applied to the Federal Government.
Obama proposed that insurance companies must give contraceptives away for free. His true goal was to suppress religious objections by Catholic hospitals and schools.
Yes, I agree it was a good ruling to NOT FORCE pharmacies to stock a particular item.

What you say about Obama proposing that insurance companies MUST give contraceptives away for free also NEEDS to go in front of a judge.

It is actually a far WORSE PRECIDENT for the government to require any company to give ANYTHING away for free, especially insurance companies whose business is to MAKE MONEY for their stockholders.(it is the stockholders RIGHT to decide what, if anything, they wish to provide for FREE <probably NOTHING>).

I think Obama is confused about what "free enterprise" is <LOL>.
Contributions

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 23, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
If a pharmacist can't do their job without imposing their bronze age myths on patients it is time to find another line of work! This is decision between a doctor and patient and does not involve the pharmacist. This is hardly a 'blow for freedom.'
This is more like a 'Blow Against Freedom'.

All this will do is cause more abortions when people can't get their emergency contraception.

These ring wing nutjobs and their twisted idealogy know no bounds.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#12 Feb 23, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
This is more like a 'Blow Against Freedom'.
All this will do is cause more abortions when people can't get their emergency contraception.
These ring wing nutjobs and their twisted idealogy know no bounds.
What I do consider odd, is that NOT ALL DOCTORS perform abortions, but those who need it seem to find what they need.(without the government requiring ALL doctors to perform abortions).

Same should be true for the morning after pill (those who need it will find what they need), without the government getting involved.
Contributions

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 23, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do consider odd, is that NOT ALL DOCTORS perform abortions, but those who need it seem to find what they need.(without the government requiring ALL doctors to perform abortions).
Same should be true for the morning after pill (those who need it will find what they need), without the government getting involved.
That's the most retarded statement I've ever heard.

So if an ambulence medic don't believe in emergency resuscitation after a person's heart has stopped beating does that allow him to not perform it on a person that needs it?

The point is you need that service to be readily available, and when you leave that up to personal preference some people will start going untreated due to unavailability.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#14 Feb 23, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most retarded statement I've ever heard.
So if an ambulence medic don't believe in emergency resuscitation after a person's heart has stopped beating does that allow him to not perform it on a person that needs it?
The point is you need that service to be readily available, and when you leave that up to personal preference some people will start going untreated due to unavailability.
Do you expect the Ambulance medic to provide contraceptives?
Contributions

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Feb 23, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you expect the Ambulance medic to provide contraceptives?
Do you not know what the meaning of an analogy is? Or am I just simply talking to a 10 year old?

It's part of the job description of the ambulance medic to provide emergency care, just like it's part of the job description of the pharmacist to provide LEGALLY Proscribed medication.

If part of the job goes against your own religious beliefs, then you are free to not work there.

As long as you work there you are required to do your job period.
davy

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Feb 23, 2012
So if a pharmacist refused to dispense drugs to black people based on a religious objection, that would be OK? How about fat people? What about Jews, since they killed Christ?
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#17 Feb 23, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most retarded statement I've ever heard.
So if an ambulence medic don't believe in emergency resuscitation after a person's heart has stopped beating does that allow him to not perform it on a person that needs it?
The point is you need that service to be readily available, and when you leave that up to personal preference some people will start going untreated due to unavailability.
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept that NOT ALL DOCTORS ACCEPT MEDICARE?

So those retired folks who NEED MEDICAL SERVICES need to go shopping for a doctor who accepts Medicare.

Yes, some people ARE going untreated do to unavailability.

And it is only getting worse as Medicare keeps CUTTING the allowable charges for many medical procedures. Doctors are dropping OUT of Medicare by the bunches.

And people get their panties in a knot about some schmuck who fck'd and needs to expel the consequences of their 'deed'.

Old folks DON'T COUNT, but sexual 'mishaps' are oh, so MAJOR! <eye roll>
davy

Rio Rancho, NM

#18 Feb 23, 2012
Religion kills brains dead.
Who wrote:
You liberal sickos want a "plan B"?
Dudes - keep it in your pants.
Girls - keep your legs closed.
davy

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 Feb 23, 2012
Another crying republicunt on welfare.
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept that NOT ALL DOCTORS ACCEPT MEDICARE?
So those retired folks who NEED MEDICAL SERVICES need to go shopping for a doctor who accepts Medicare.
Yes, some people ARE going untreated do to unavailability.
And it is only getting worse as Medicare keeps CUTTING the allowable charges for many medical procedures. Doctors are dropping OUT of Medicare by the bunches.
And people get their panties in a knot about some schmuck who fck'd and needs to expel the consequences of their 'deed'.
Old folks DON'T COUNT, but sexual 'mishaps' are oh, so MAJOR! <eye roll>
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#22 Feb 24, 2012
davy wrote:
Another crying republicunt on welfare.
<quoted text>
That is a very odd thing to say to someone who has compassion for old folks on Medicare.

Perhaps you will live long enough to have your words bite you from behind!!
Contributions

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Feb 24, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept that NOT ALL DOCTORS ACCEPT MEDICARE?<eye roll>
That's logical fallacy 101.

Not surprising coming from a rightwingnut d-bag.

Coverage acceptance has nothing to do with refusing to do a job when all requirements are fulfilled due to religious reasons.

The true analogy would be if a Doctor who accepted Medicare refused to do a prostate exam on religious grounds.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#24 Feb 27, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not know what the meaning of an analogy is? Or am I just simply talking to a 10 year old?
It's part of the job description of the ambulance medic to provide emergency care, just like it's part of the job description of the pharmacist to provide LEGALLY Proscribed medication.
If part of the job goes against your own religious beliefs, then you are free to not work there.
As long as you work there you are required to do your job period.
The analagoy is a false one old man. You are attempting to equate contraceptives to CPR. Tha't just silly.
Who wrote the job description for the pharmacist? I don't recall the Government being given the authority for legislating the job descriptions of American citizens. I like the fact that my fellow citizens, includng pharmacists, are free to work as they want without the Federal Government intruding into how they run their business.

You like aalogies. Here's one for you: Are you, as a parent, required to provide contraceptives to your children?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US Supreme Court puts hold on appeals court rul... Sep 12 spud 8
News Lawsuit settled over rights to monkey's selfie ... Sep 12 MR EMMETT TILL. 8
News SCOTUS Asked to Review Ninth Circuit Decision o... Sep 9 FormerParatrooper 2
News US appeals court rejects Trump's limited view o... Sep 8 Jeff Brightone 3
News Jeff Flake wants details of Trump's call for bo... Aug 25 JohnInLa 2
News Man back in immigration custody after claim of ... Aug '17 USA OBSERVE 8
News Washington, West Coast states in legal fight ag... Aug '17 MAGA 5
More from around the web