Texas, affirm same-sex couples' right to marry

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: Daily Texan 32

Earlier this month, state Representatives Rafael Anchia, D-Dallas, and Garnet Coleman, D-Houston, introduced twin bills initiating an amendment to the Texas Constitution.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cdr

Santa Anna, TX

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Go head this hole country is goin to hell any ways mine as well put some queers in the mix. This country has strayed to far from God there's going to be a breaking point ( sodom and gamora) we need prayer and God

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Cdr wrote:
Go head this hole country is goin to hell any ways mine as well put some queers in the mix. This country has strayed to far from God there's going to be a breaking point ( sodom and gamora) we need prayer and God
"sodom and gamora", Gracie? If you are going to invoke the Bible, it usually helps if you offer better evidence that you might have actually read it at some point, like knowing that you are misspelling Gomorrah. Our country will only go to hell if we listen to closed-minded bigots like you.

Tacoma, WA

#4 Feb 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>"sodom and gamora", Gracie? If you are going to invoke the Bible, it usually helps if you offer better evidence that you might have actually read it at some point, like knowing that you are misspelling Gomorrah. Our country will only go to hell if we listen to closed-minded bigots like you.
The world is changing for the better.

Same-sex spouse named Ft. Bragg spouse of the year, offered club membership

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripes-central/...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Feb 18, 2013
guest wrote:
The world is changing for the better.
Same-sex spouse named Ft. Bragg spouse of the year, offered club membership
http://www.stripes.com/blogs/stripes-central/...
It's getting better, but the post I was responding to makes it clear that we still have a ways to go.

Tacoma, WA

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It's getting better, but the post I was responding to makes it clear that we still have a ways to go.
Yep, that's pretty clear.

Tacoma, WA

#9 Feb 18, 2013
NW Yade wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is. Great publicity to promote it across the board. It's like shoving $h!t in someones face I suppose. Good job.
Did you serve because you say you're gay?
Did you become a teacher because you say you're gay?
Are you a banker cus you say you are gay?
I fool around on my wife so I should receive 'special' recognition for it.
I sleep with many women and I should recieve 'special' recognition.
I sleep with my sister so I should receive 'special' recognition.
Though two men cannot conceive a child the state should provide us with one.
Hmmmm. Interesting point of view. I don't see it as special recognition, just another step towards equality. Sort of like this is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/opinion/mor...

Leon Panetta, the departing secretary of defense, took an important step on Monday to improve treatment of gay and lesbian military personnel and their families.

He announced a limited expansion of benefits for same-sex partners, like access to military commissaries, gyms and various family-support programs on bases and posts. Same-sex partners will now be eligible for identification cards to allow them on base. Gay couples who are both in the military will be entitled to the same consideration for joint-duty assignments as other couples.

Granting other benefits like burial rights at national cemeteries and eligibility for on-base family housing are said to remain under consideration.

Tacoma, WA

#10 Feb 18, 2013
NW Yade wrote:
California was the test city for what is called "Open" homosexuality and homosexuality in our society. How is California as a state doing because you sure as hell can't blame religion there. Or can you?
IDIOTS!
Here's what's happening in Oregon. Fantastic!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/15/us/oregon-same-...

Veterans Affairs allows burial for same-sex couple in Oregon

(CNN)-- In what's believed to be the first case of its kind, the same-sex spouse of a member of the military will be buried in a national cemetery.

"I am deeply grateful to my country for honoring and respecting my years of service and my relationship with Nancy, the love of my life," said retired Lt. Col. Linda Campbell, a veteran.

"Willamette National Cemetery is a beautiful, peaceful place. Knowing that Nancy and I can join my parents on that hallowed ground is a source of great comfort and healing," she said.

Nancy Lynchild, Campbell's partner, died in December of metastatic cancer.
Cdr

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>"sodom and gamora", Gracie? If you are going to invoke the Bible, it usually helps if you offer better evidence that you might have actually read it at some point, like knowing that you are misspelling Gomorrah. Our country will only go to hell if we listen to closed-minded bigots like you.
you must queer don't worry bout my spelling check Leviticus 18:22 1 Timothy 1:10 . I'm not closed minded just fed up with liberals like you

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Cdr wrote:
<quoted text>you must queer don't worry bout my spelling check Leviticus 18:22 1 Timothy 1:10 . I'm not closed minded just fed up with liberals like you
ya and were fed up with you to... so stfu

Bellevue, WA

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Cdr wrote:
your god was a fairytale loooser
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#14 Feb 19, 2013
If you want California, move from TX.
Sgt Common Sense

Fairfield, CT

#15 Feb 19, 2013
Cdr wrote:
I'm not quite sure who "sodom" is but, didn't "gamora" fight Godzilla?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 19, 2013
Cdr wrote:
Boo Boo, dear, let's consult the people whose folktales they are ... BEFORE listening to some empty-headed gentiles, huh?

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10122-...
Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#20 Feb 19, 2013
Dead Red Oil Pan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they serve the military because they are gay? I didn't think so. Legitimizing and sanctioning perversions through the military. Degrading and defaming the military. The same military that are slaves and serve zionism and Ishrael more than they serve America.
Hence 9/11.
Wow. If ignorance is bliss you must be permanently delirious in a constant state of ecstasy.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Dead Red Oil Pan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this person serve in the military because they were gay? Do straight men serve in the military because they are straight? Do blacks serve in the military because they are black? According to your argument of stereotypes and perversions yes. Why should said person receive more recognition than any other soldier? Hmmmmmm?
Why do they fight?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#24 Feb 19, 2013
Cdr wrote:
And you need a dictionary.

People who can't spell are generally not smart. People who aren't smart don't generally have good ideas.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#25 Feb 19, 2013
The American Genocide wrote:
Subversion, decadence, death, profiteering, wars, substance abuse, hiv/aids, morally unsound, debt. That's just a fraction.
We are a most destructive force and have been led down this path of decadence and destruction in part by you know who starting in 1913.
We are slaves and puppets to them.
That's not freedom!
Snyper? You're an idiot!
Goodbye Rome
Yes, my marriage is so "decadent."

LOL!!

Stupid.

Settle down, chicken little.

Bellevue, WA

#28 Feb 19, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
stfu tony! I'm not interested in someone claiming to be married and can't even understand the function of gold. Let alone the people printing our money into toilet paper as to destroy this nation from within. They've been doing it for thousands of years. Jesus warned them and what did they do to him and what have been their practices going forward and ever since?
Stay away from my posts. Moron!
don't you ever tire of being stupid

Fort Lauderdale FL

#30 Feb 19, 2013
Victimizing Perversions wrote:
Providing special rights for it to bide certain people more time to continue and morally cripple us all.
Pigs
"The Jews belong to a dark and repulsive force. One knows how numerous this clique is, how they stick together and what power they exercise through their unions. They are a nation of rascals and deceivers."
CICERO (Marcus Tullius Cicero). First century B.C. Roman stateman, writer.
America's turn Tony the phony full of boloney.
aka bologna
Hi Jade
Face it, you're just a miserable, negative person.

Location hidden

#31 Feb 19, 2013
And consistently off-topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sea Shepherd 'in contempt of US court' Fri Your Ex 1
US court reconsiders order to have YouTube remo... Fri barefoot2626 42
Immigrants Closer to Driver's Licenses in Arizona Fri Guess Who 1
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona Fri Guess Who 10
Young immigrants allowed to get driver's licenses Thu OId Sailor 1
Supreme Court Justices reject Arizona bid over ... Dec 16 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
Couples Anxious to Grab First Idaho Same-Sex Ma... Dec 11 The Real Zeke 33
More from around the web