Oregon AG to Implement Gay Marriage i...

Oregon AG to Implement Gay Marriage if Ban Falls

There are 4 comments on the EDGE story from Mar 19, 2014, titled Oregon AG to Implement Gay Marriage if Ban Falls. In it, EDGE reports that:

Oregon's attorney general told a federal court Tuesday why she believes the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriages violates the federal constitutional rights of homosexual couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Mar 19, 2014
The federal judge (an Obama appointee) will hear the case Apr 23rd. Considering no one is defending the ban in court, I see no way for it to stand. It should be a summary judgment in favor of the plaintiffs.

The only real questions left are when will same-sex couples be able to marry, and will the pro-equality side still bother with a ballot referendum to delete the current language from the constitution- they have to decide by 3 Jul whether to proceed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
The federal judge (an Obama appointee) will hear the case Apr 23rd. Considering no one is defending the ban in court, I see no way for it to stand. It should be a summary judgment in favor of the plaintiffs.
The only real questions left are when will same-sex couples be able to marry, and will the pro-equality side still bother with a ballot referendum to delete the current language from the constitution- they have to decide by 3 Jul whether to proceed.
Sounds about right to me.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
The federal judge (an Obama appointee) will hear the case Apr 23rd. Considering no one is defending the ban in court
I think Wondering has dusted off his Robert's Rules of Order and has booked a flight as a package carrier (i.e., unwitting drug mule) to Oregon to argue the anti equality side.

He will claim standing on the basis of extreme mental harm if marriage equality wins in another state.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Mar 19, 2014
OTOH, perhaps your analysis was more accurate than mine....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Washington, West Coast states in legal fight ag... Sat hawkholliday 3
News U.S. Supreme Court partly rejects Trump in late... Jul 20 Winning Yet 5
News Gorsuch can't escape travel ban at San Francisc... Jul 19 Lawrence Wolf 24
News Court: Detained immigrant children entitled to ... Jul 6 Truth 4
News 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to weigh Dona... Jul 5 C Kersey 10
News Trump travel ban: U.S. Court clears way for int... Jun '17 Jeff Brightone 1
News Trump travel ban dealt another blow, faces high... Jun '17 stupid 1
More from around the web