Supreme Court rejects appeal over Red...

Supreme Court rejects appeal over Redondo Beach day laborer law

There are 5 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 21, 2012, titled Supreme Court rejects appeal over Redondo Beach day laborer law. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court turned down a Southern California city's appeal seeking reinstatement of its ordinance that prevented day laborers from gathering on busy street corners and soliciting work from passing drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

bohart

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 21, 2012
So much for the court system, as corrupt as politics

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, FL

#2 Feb 21, 2012
The Supreme Court of the United States has turned into the biggest enemy of the American people....everything they do is aimed AGAINST Americans and in favor of those that come into our country illegally to steal and turn our country into the same kind of crap hole they left. DOWN WITH THE SUPREME COURT!!!!!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3 Feb 21, 2012
While the city obviously has a right to police such peoples' behavior (no throwing stuff at cars, screaming profanities, threatening people, getting out in traffic) they have no right to prevent people from looking for work, whether on a street corner, in front of a bulletin board at a grocery store, or online.

Good call by the Court.
bohart

Morristown, TN

#4 Feb 21, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
While the city obviously has a right to police such peoples' behavior (no throwing stuff at cars, screaming profanities, threatening people, getting out in traffic) they have no right to prevent people from looking for work, whether on a street corner, in front of a bulletin board at a grocery store, or online.
Good call by the Court.
I disagree, if a mob assembles on a corner they can be told to move along by the police. This is totally about illegal immigrants which our chamber of commerce, uh I mean our federal government totally support.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5 Feb 23, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, if a mob assembles on a corner they can be told to move along by the police. This is totally about illegal immigrants which our chamber of commerce, uh I mean our federal government totally support.
Of course they don't. You're just paranoid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News YouTube Given Permission to Show Anti-Islam Movie May 20 Mikey 5
News Guam gay marriage case won't wait for US high c... May 8 Robin Hood 1
News Santa Cruz Nazi salute civil rights suit winds ... Apr '15 to a Pedantic Blo... 38
News High Courts To Consider Lawsuits Over Personal ... Apr '15 goonsquad 1
News Bonds' obstruction conviction thrown out by app... Apr '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Judge returns ultra-rich club founder Tim Blixs... Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Guam attorney general orders gay marriage to mo... Apr '15 okimar 3
More from around the web