The beginning of the end of the gay m...

The beginning of the end of the gay marriage debate?

There are 2 comments on the dailycaller.com story from Dec 19, 2012, titled The beginning of the end of the gay marriage debate?. In it, dailycaller.com reports that:

It's not clear whether the Supreme Court's recent decision to review two gay marriage-related cases heralds the beginning of the end of the national debate on this issue, the end of the beginning, or something completely different.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at dailycaller.com.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#1 Dec 19, 2012
I do agree that whatever SCOTUS does rule with regards to the two cases in front of them, I don't see this as the end of the debate or the fight.

With regards to those who believe that SCOTUS took the Prop 8 case to counter their possible ruling in the DOMA case, I simply disagree with that assessment.....I don't believe that a right can be granted and then ELIMINATED per say or in this case technically a "WORD". If the Justices rule in favor of the proponents of Prop 8 and overturn the ruling from the 9th in essence it is saying that the decision in Romer was incorrect and that marriage is ONLY a fundamental right for heterosexual couples......and I believe that is a direct violation of both Due Process and the Equal Protection Clause.

I also believe that both DOMA and Prop 8 have failed the rational level of review, and therefore the Justices might not see a need for a higher scrutiny.....but a higher level of scrutiny would certainly toss both of these cases!!!

JMPO!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#4 Dec 19, 2012
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(APA)

"The results of more than a century of anthropological research on households, kinship relationships, and families, across cultures and through time, provide no support whatsoever for the view that either civilization or viable social orders depend upon marriage as an exclusively heterosexual institution. Rather, anthropological research supports the conclusion that a vast array of family types, including families built upon same-sex partnerships, can contribute to stable and humane societies." (American Anthropological Association)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal alien allegedly assaults 14-year-old girl Jul 26 tomin cali 1
News DOJ Blasted for Timing of News Story on Immigra... Jul 25 janetpatriot 3
News Lesbian couple in gay marriage case prepares fo... (Mar '13) Jul 15 darwin 1,580
News Federal appeals court revives sex-reassignment ... Jun 28 TerryE 6
News Federal court to rehear concealed weapons cases Jun '15 Truth and Facts 9
News If Not Lethal Injection, Then What? Jun '15 OId Sailor 1
News Gay couples in Guam start applying for marriage... Jun '15 Fa-Foxy 6
More from around the web