Anti-gay-marriage forces plan Prop. 8...

Anti-gay-marriage forces plan Prop. 8 strategy after legal defeat

There are 2838 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 9, 2012, titled Anti-gay-marriage forces plan Prop. 8 strategy after legal defeat. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Anti-gay-marriage forces were charting their next move this week after a three-judge federal appeals court panel ruled that Proposition 8, the 2008 California ballot measure banning same-sex unions, is unconstitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

jaybirdlives666

“We are all a little Irish”

Since: Dec 11

Madison Via Dublin

#22 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way 4% of poison in your food will destroy you. It is not the amount that causes the destruction, but the potentcy. Put it along side with other attempts at destroying the American Family (abortion, quicky divorces, people choosing to have children to raise alone), it all pounds a significant impact on the family.
Oh I see, so gay people will add to the amount of abortions. Good to know. Lets see the divorce rate is at around 50%, yep they are going to make that puppy sky rocket. Possibly all the way to 52%.
Is procreation a requirement of marriage? Seems to me that Gay couples might just help reduce the amount of childern in need of families.
Quickie divorces?? Oh you mean that Gay people are some how less capable of maintaining a monogamous relationship.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#23 Feb 10, 2012
jaybirdlives666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who drew the line that two people who love each other is ridiculous because they just happen to be the same sex?
How exactly will the marriage of two Gay people affect you personally? Will it affect taxes, property values, your job???
Will the addition of millions of more weddings help spur economic growth? I think it might. Tuxes, wedding dresses, wedding halls, receptions, catering, well the list just goes on and on.
That little "just happen to be" you refer to is not little at all. It is a HUGE difference between one man and one woman, so let's not try to play it down like the rest of us can't see that.

Secondly....catering? Really??? Are you kidding me??

Well hell let's go all the way to boost up the economy...let murderers do their thing as well. We'll have sympathy card sales skyrocket and florist and caterers, undertakers, coffin distributors, hearse manufacturers, and even ministers that will be able to profit from this demand.

Principle outweighs $$$$.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#24 Feb 10, 2012
jaybirdlives666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, so gay people will add to the amount of abortions. Good to know. Lets see the divorce rate is at around 50%, yep they are going to make that puppy sky rocket. Possibly all the way to 52%.
Is procreation a requirement of marriage? Seems to me that Gay couples might just help reduce the amount of childern in need of families.
Quickie divorces?? Oh you mean that Gay people are some how less capable of maintaining a monogamous relationship.
Actually that statistic is out there. SS couples have less monogamy. Sorry if you don't like facts, but there it is.

I didn't say anything about abortions being a result of ssm. I said combined with abortion and quicky divorces, etc. Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing. I can agree with that.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#25 Feb 10, 2012
jaybirdlives666 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW ss couples will not help childen in need of a mother and a father.
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#26 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, it's all about the destruction of the American family.
Well then don't cross the border and enter Canada because gay marriage is legal in Canada. The whole country has turned gay. If you drop your wallet in Canada make sure you kick it all the way back to the U.S. border because you wouldn't want to bend over in Canada. Canada has been destroyed but i didn't even notice becsuse i'm not a bible thumper.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#27 Feb 10, 2012
clem wrote:
<quoted text> Well then don't cross the border and enter Canada because gay marriage is legal in Canada. The whole country has turned gay. If you drop your wallet in Canada make sure you kick it all the way back to the U.S. border because you wouldn't want to bend over in Canada. Canada has been destroyed but i didn't even notice becsuse i'm not a bible thumper.
Last I checked, we were not Canada, but I have no plans to live there anyway so......

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#28 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW ss couples will not help childen in need of a mother and a father.
I see so two men or two women are not capable of raising childern?

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#29 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that statistic is out there. SS couples have less monogamy. Sorry if you don't like facts, but there it is.
I didn't say anything about abortions being a result of ssm. I said combined with abortion and quicky divorces, etc. Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing. I can agree with that.
Could you post a link to that? But you see abortions don't really apply to same sex couples, so why bring it up?
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#30 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I checked, we were not Canada, but I have no plans to live there anyway so......
Just giving you a warning that if you visit you will turn gay.

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#31 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That little "just happen to be" you refer to is not little at all. It is a HUGE difference between one man and one woman, so let's not try to play it down like the rest of us can't see that.
Secondly....catering? Really??? Are you kidding me??
Well hell let's go all the way to boost up the economy...let murderers do their thing as well. We'll have sympathy card sales skyrocket and florist and caterers, undertakers, coffin distributors, hearse manufacturers, and even ministers that will be able to profit from this demand.
Principle outweighs $$$$.
What do capital crime have to do with same sex marriage. Could you please stay on topic.

Who said that marriage was between one man and one woman?
You never answered the question. How will same sex marriage affect you personally?
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#32 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, it's all about the destruction of the American family.
Heard the same argument in Canada, now that it's law nobody i know seems to care.

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#33 Feb 10, 2012
Now to the real question at hand. How can same sex marriage be denied when we live in a country that promotes itself as an equal rights country?

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#34 Feb 10, 2012
clem wrote:
<quoted text> Just giving you a warning that if you visit you will turn gay.
I see Clem, so its possible to catch the " Gay virus", golly could you please post a link to support that?
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#35 Feb 10, 2012
Two lesbians live down the street from me. Before they were married i would say " hello ". After they were married i say " hello ".
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#36 Feb 10, 2012
jaybirdlives666 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see Clem, so its possible to catch the " Gay virus", golly could you please post a link to support that?
Yep if you visit Canada you will catch the virus because same sex marriage is legal in Canada. If you wear a mask and wash your hands frequently you may avoid the " gay virus ". It's still best to go to the doctor and get your annual 'ANTI GAY SHOT ".

jaybirdlives666

Madison Via Dublin

#37 Feb 10, 2012
clem wrote:
<quoted text> Yep if you visit Canada you will catch the virus because same sex marriage is legal in Canada. If you wear a mask and wash your hands frequently you may avoid the " gay virus ". It's still best to go to the doctor and get your annual 'ANTI GAY SHOT ".
Good to know, is it an oral injection, or in the tushy?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#38 Feb 10, 2012
Gay Pride wrote:
The Ca Supreme Court created a hole that allowed 18,000 gay couples to get "married" before the voters passed Prop 8. That's how corrupt our judicial system is nowadays. Then Judge Walker, a DADT judge, managed to sneak in and pronounce Prop 8 unconstitutional before the Three Stooges at the Appeals Court sang in unison with Judge Walker, who turned out to be secretly gay!
IS THERE A PATTERN OF JUSTICE PERVERSION IN ALL THESE? VERY TYPICAL OF GAY MANIPULATIONS!
You have weird notions about marriage, don't you?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#39 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hell let's go all the way to boost up the economy...let murderers do their thing as well..........
LOL! Don't tell me you are one of those strange folks who can't tell the difference between marriage and murder ...

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Kings Park, NY

#40 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. When someone doesn't pay their taxes, the rest of us suffer in ways we never saw coming. That is a 'real' comparison.
So what, exactly, are these "ways we never saw coming"? I laid out actual scenarios that makes common, and economic sense. You give vague answers.

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Kings Park, NY

#41 Feb 10, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
No more ridiculous than two men or two women marrying. Who are you to say where to draw the line at ridiculous?
Oh, so you think incest is Aok, yet two consenting adults should not have the option the rest of us have (I took that option, goin on 10 years with wifey)??? I don't see, and you can't tell me specifically, how gay marriage would've affected my, or anyone else's "Traditional Marriage".
I endorse it because it has NOTHING to do with me. Hell, Let 'em suffer like I do :)
I, nor should anyone, interfere with those who are not bothering us because we "disapprove of their lifestyle".
If the church wants to marry gay people, the state has no valid reason to discriminate. But if the church does NOT want to perform these ceremonies, they SHOULD have the right to again with no Gov't intervention . There's no reason for "Constitutional Amendments" and "Propositions". It's just another government overreach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man back in immigration custody after claim of ... Aug 6 USA OBSERVE 8
News Washington, West Coast states in legal fight ag... Aug 2 MAGA 5
News U.S. Supreme Court partly rejects Trump in late... Jul 20 Winning Yet 5
News Gorsuch can't escape travel ban at San Francisc... Jul 19 Lawrence Wolf 24
News Court: Detained immigrant children entitled to ... Jul '17 Truth 4
News 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to weigh Dona... Jul '17 C Kersey 10
News Trump travel ban: U.S. Court clears way for int... Jun '17 Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web