Anti-gay-marriage forces plan Prop. 8 strategy after legal defeat

Full story: Los Angeles Times

Anti-gay-marriage forces were charting their next move this week after a three-judge federal appeals court panel ruled that Proposition 8, the 2008 California ballot measure banning same-sex unions, is unconstitutional.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,838
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Still tryiingto figure out how this threatens "traditional marriage" since the religious reich can't give a valid answer.
Heck, more marriages means more "contributions" to the church. What's wrong with that?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Yep pretty soon welcome to "I now prononce You man and Dog" or "Sister and Sister"
We all know its all about the agenda

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Len in NY wrote:
Still tryiingto figure out how this threatens "traditional marriage" since the religious reich can't give a valid answer.
Heck, more marriages means more "contributions" to the church. What's wrong with that?
The same way somebody not paying their taxes effects you. It may not seem immediate, but you will feel the reprocussions somewhere done the line.

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way somebody not paying their taxes effects you. It may not seem immediate, but you will feel the reprocussions somewhere done the line.
So, in other words, you can't give me a reason either. thanks

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words, you can't give me a reason either. thanks
I just did, but you don't have the foresight to see it. I can't cure the blind.
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

The Ca Supreme Court created a hole that allowed 18,000 gay couples to get "married" before the voters passed Prop 8. That's how corrupt our judicial system is nowadays. Then Judge Walker, a DADT judge, managed to sneak in and pronounce Prop 8 unconstitutional before the Three Stooges at the Appeals Court sang in unison with Judge Walker, who turned out to be secretly gay!

IS THERE A PATTERN OF JUSTICE PERVERSION IN ALL THESE? VERY TYPICAL OF GAY MANIPULATIONS!
proud liberal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
Yep pretty soon welcome to "I now prononce You man and Dog" or "Sister and Sister"
There is nothing in the ruling that allows man on dog or incest.
Get real. The only reason to prohibit same-sex marriage is prejudice.
proud liberal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Gay Pride wrote:
The Ca Supreme Court created a hole that allowed 18,000 gay couples to get "married" before the voters passed Prop 8. That's how corrupt our judicial system is nowadays. Then Judge Walker, a DADT judge, managed to sneak in and pronounce Prop 8 unconstitutional before the Three Stooges at the Appeals Court sang in unison with Judge Walker, who turned out to be secretly gay!
IS THERE A PATTERN OF JUSTICE PERVERSION IN ALL THESE? VERY TYPICAL OF GAY MANIPULATIONS!
Judge Walker did NOT sneak in. He was the next up on rotation. And he wasn't so secretly gay.
Has your marriage collapsed because other people who love each other also get married?
The only arguments that the proponents of prop 8 could make was that they thought that they were better than the gays and that they thought that gay sex was icky.
What if I thought your marriage was icky? Would that give me the right to repeal it?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all about an agenda isnt it
TO TAKE DOWN REAL MARRIAGE.
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Walker did NOT sneak in. He was the next up on rotation. And he wasn't so secretly gay.
Has your marriage collapsed because other people who love each other also get married?
The only arguments that the proponents of prop 8 could make was that they thought that they were better than the gays and that they thought that gay sex was icky.
What if I thought your marriage was icky? Would that give me the right to repeal it?
Hey idiot, how can it be icky when it is Mother Nature's greatest achievement, the propagation of the species through natural sexual intercourse of the male and female member of every species on earth!

I congratulate you for your total ignorance, but I don't blame you for your current predicament. However, your selfish attitude is deplorable because gay marriage will never equal traditional marriage. The only product of your abominable union are stinky turds!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. You say that, because you simply dismiss thousands of years of history that NEVER condoned single-sex marriage. It's a ridiculous concept that Americans shouldn't have to waste their time on. Unfortunately, there are always some that take 'freedom' to the limits to test it for the rest of us. This will all be squashed soon.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

proud liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the purpose of marriage in general we fight for, not just individual marriages of each married person in America. Get real!
To drag it down to a 'specific person's marriage' is ridiculous and you know it.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all about an agenda isnt it
TO TAKE DOWN REAL MARRIAGE.
Exactly, it's all about the destruction of the American family.

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did, but you don't have the foresight to see it. I can't cure the blind.
One has nothing to do with the other. Those who don't pay taxes forces me to either pay more or get less services for the taxes I do pay. Gay marriage will not keep me from getting married, nor does it keep anyone else from enjoying traditional marriage. Your comparison is misguided at best.

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
Dogs or any animal cannot legally consent to anything, let alone marriage. As far as the incest angle, now you're just being ridiculous.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
One has nothing to do with the other. Those who don't pay taxes forces me to either pay more or get less services for the taxes I do pay. Gay marriage will not keep me from getting married, nor does it keep anyone else from enjoying traditional marriage. Your comparison is misguided at best.
You are incorrect. When someone doesn't pay their taxes, the rest of us suffer in ways we never saw coming. That is a 'real' comparison.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Len in NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs or any animal cannot legally consent to anything, let alone marriage. As far as the incest angle, now you're just being ridiculous.
No more ridiculous than two men or two women marrying. Who are you to say where to draw the line at ridiculous?

“We are all a little Irish”

Since: Dec 11

Madison Via Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, it's all about the destruction of the American family.
Exactaly how will less than 4% of the population ( given that all will want to marry) destroy the American family???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

jaybirdlives666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactaly how will less than 4% of the population ( given that all will want to marry) destroy the American family???
The same way 4% of poison in your food will destroy you. It is not the amount that causes the destruction, but the potentcy. Put it along side with other attempts at destroying the American Family (abortion, quicky divorces, people choosing to have children to raise alone), it all pounds a significant impact on the family.

“We are all a little Irish”

Since: Dec 11

Madison Via Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
No more ridiculous than two men or two women marrying. Who are you to say where to draw the line at ridiculous?
Who drew the line that two people who love each other is ridiculous because they just happen to be the same sex?
How exactly will the marriage of two Gay people affect you personally? Will it affect taxes, property values, your job???
Will the addition of millions of more weddings help spur economic growth? I think it might. Tuxes, wedding dresses, wedding halls, receptions, catering, well the list just goes on and on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of2,838
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••