San Francisco gay marriage case goes ...

San Francisco gay marriage case goes to federal appeals court in September

There are 29 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from May 23, 2012, titled San Francisco gay marriage case goes to federal appeals court in September. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

A federal appeals court will hear arguments in September in a legal challenge to the federal ban on same-sex marriage benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Philadelphia, PA

#22 May 24, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No case is so complex that it should take longer than 3 months from trial to a ruling. The California Supreme Court has a self-imposed 90 day deadline to issue rulings, so obviously it CAN be done.
Waiting for other cases is just another delaying tactic.
1. That's a laugh.

2. Sometimes legal issues must ripen before going up the chain. As I said, and as you ignored, there can often be conflicting rulings being adjudicated at lower levels. The upper courts usually allow those differences to settle into clear legal confusion before acting. But this is only one reason why a given case might linger.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#23 May 24, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on.
How about before amending it, we actually get people to FOLLOW WHAT'S THERE ALREADY ???!!!
maybe John Boehner could be the first one, Now that would be a first

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#24 May 24, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe John Boehner could be the first one, Now that would be a first
How about The Obamaniac follow it for a change ? Perhaps he should actually read it one day to find out what's in it.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 May 24, 2012
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets wrote:
<quoted text>
1. That's a laugh.
2. Sometimes legal issues must ripen before going up the chain. As I said, and as you ignored, there can often be conflicting rulings being adjudicated at lower levels. The upper courts usually allow those differences to settle into clear legal confusion before acting. But this is only one reason why a given case might linger.
Keep making excuses for them; it's no wonder it takes 10 years to get a ruling from the SCOTUS.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#26 May 24, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep making excuses for them; it's no wonder it takes 10 years to get a ruling from the SCOTUS.
It doesn't take THAT long. It may take years for a case to work it's way up the court system, but once SCOTUS accepts a case, it's usually decided in less than a year, because they're only in session form October thru June.
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Philadelphia, PA

#27 May 24, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, pure ignorance on your part. What ten years?

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 May 25, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take THAT long. It may take years for a case to work it's way up the court system, but once SCOTUS accepts a case, it's usually decided in less than a year, because they're only in session form October thru June.
Obviously I meant it can take up to 10 years for a case to go from the initial trial court to a final SCOTUS decision (you moron).

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#29 May 25, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously I meant it can take up to 10 years for a case to go from the initial trial court to a final SCOTUS decision (you moron).
That's not what you said.

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 May 25, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what you said.
Which is why I clarified it for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another Second Amendment Appeal Shot-Down by th... Mar 25 Say What 3
News Judges shouldn't ignore what we all know Trump'... Mar 23 Dee Dee Dee 3
News Trump vows to appeal against travel ban ruling ... Mar 19 GOFIGURE 14
News The Latest: Government calls ruling flawed, vow... Mar 16 Retribution 11
News Trump travel ban faces key test in multiple cou... Mar 16 CodeTalker 8
News Fact-checking Donald Trump's Nashville rally Mar 15 Wildchild 1
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... Mar 14 o see the light 83
More from around the web