Court strikes down gay-marriage ban

Court strikes down gay-marriage ban

There are 9 comments on the USA Today story from Feb 7, 2012, titled Court strikes down gay-marriage ban. In it, USA Today reports that:

The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals today struck down as unconstitutional California's Prop 8, which banned same-sex marriage, the Associated Press reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 7, 2012
Awesome news for all Claifornians. Prop 8 is dead, where it belongs.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 7, 2012
This great glad to hear the news

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#3 Feb 7, 2012
Unfortunately, it will be appealled. Those haters just won't give up.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4 Feb 7, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
They will try to appeal it them bible thumping mentally insane holy rollers but we can fight fire with fire it will be a drawn out fight to the finish line
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#5 Feb 7, 2012
Ruling was as many believed it would go. i'm not surprised about the appeal.....and the latest appeal won't change things, either.

just have patience folks. i'd rather have all the questions and doubts answered in court, at all levels, now than have it crop up again in a few short years.
Casey

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
You are so right: those appointed-for-life Fascist judges just hate "We The People!"
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#7 Feb 7, 2012
i see those silly children are up here at it again trying to show us how big they are by applying those silly little icons to our posts that tell us a "negative" stance with regards to our posts, whilst voting "for" their one single solitary post for their side......

obviously the fella that posted for their side rally doesn't know the function of the judiciary branch nor does she know the definition of "fascist".
kimboroo

Leeming, Australia

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Why do I think the judge is GAY what other reason does he/she have to over rule another courts verdict under a so called constitution, a stupid law that should be banned as its over rated and misused.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

#9 Feb 9, 2012
Next step the Supreme court. For some of that Just Us. The best money can buy John G. Roberts, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Antony Kennedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal Court rules Arizona cannot legally deny... Jul 8 nada 72
News Copyright lawsuits involving hit songs Jun '16 John McCharlie 3
News Appeals court: No right to carry concealed weap... Jun '16 WeTheSheeple 79
News Concealed carry in public not guaranteed under ... Jun '16 payme 11
News Could appeals court concealed carry ruling impa... Jun '16 RiflemanIII 1
News Appeals courts agree on concealed weapons ban r... Jun '16 Bama Yankee 1
News Illegal immigrants kidnapping children to sneak... Jun '16 tomin cali 1
More from around the web