No clemency for slayer of Terri Lynn Winchell

Full story: Scripps-Howard

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger refused Friday to grant clemency to Michael A. Morales, saying the condemned killer's claim of remorse doesn't outweigh the brutality of his murder of Terri Lynn ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
does it matters

Lund, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2006

Judged:

what is the topic about???? are we talking about killing people legaly? come on. Is that EEUU goverment policy? maybe is the same goverment used in IRAK? mr. arnold S. this is not a film, this is real life
respectfully, ME
Cher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2006

Judged:

Ummm, does it matter? I would say to the family and friends of Terri Lynn Winchell who was strangled with a belt so hard the belt broke, who was raped in the dirt, who was stabbed 4 times in the chest and who was hit in the head 23 times with a claw hammer, and run over with a vehicle, I think this is considered REAL LIFE and DOES matter to the 17 year old Murdered girl who would have graduated FIRST in her class. She fought for her life and died.

Terri NEVER got a chance to graduate high school, go to college, get married have children, be gainfully employed. I think it matters and now she has no life. Right now she would be 42 years old. You expect anyone to feel sorry for Michael Morales? GMAFB!

Do you think it matters and is not real life that Terri's brothers did not get a chance to help her, that her Terri went to the store for her Mother and NEVER came home. Instead she was brutalized until she was unrecognizable and is dead and buried for 25 years now, this man has got to eat, breath, sleep and LIVE!

How about the tax payers in which it cost over 1 million dollars in total on poor Mr. Morales appeals? Give me a break. This is the law, PERIOD.

You may feel that a little teensy weeny needle into the arm of a COLD-BLOODED MURDERER is "Cruel and Unusual" Punishment. I would love to do so much worse. To compare it to Iraq or anything is absolutely ridiculous and your entire post made absolutely NO sense!
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2006

Judged:

what about the little 8 year old girl terri's brother greg winchell raped 6 years after his sister was killed. maybe he should pull up a gurney next to morales and take the same journey. check out megans law. put ?? out of his misery too.
chuck

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2006

Judged:

I believe in a strong judicial system and when a person is found 100% guilty of these awful violent crimes, Ilimmated them!! I am tired of hearing about prisoners rights and candle light vigils for these idiots. My heart goes out to the poor families who lost a love one through a violent crime. Theses prisoners use our weaken judicial system in their favor through unsavory lawyers that we the U.S. citizen pay the tab. What does the victim get? Did the rapist / murder give his victim any compassion for her plea!! Does she get her chance to plea for her life in court for doing nothing wrong? In this country there are little consequences for these evil crimes except they get to go to a warm in winter and air condition in summer prison with TV and large libraries and unlimited lawyers at your disposal. I have a friend who was violently raped; she has to pay for a lawyer and has to go to a psychologist at her expense because her insurance won’t cover mental problems. She is afraid to be alone anywhere. She doesn’t smile the way she use to, she cries at night to end her torment. She is afriad when this SOB gets out that he might look her up to say hi and continue where he left off. The SOB who brutally rape her will be skipping out of jail in 1.5 years to go right back to another violent crime. My friend got a life sentence in hell in her own mind for being absolutely beautiful.
Rachelle cunningham

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2006

Judged:

Finally AFTER ALL THESE YEARS FEARING MY LIFE BECAUSE I COULDNT TRACK THIS DOWN AND GET A LITTLE CLOSER. I COUNT MY BLESSINGS AND THANK GOD ROR UNAWNSERED PRAYERS .I WAS THE LITTLE GIRL GREG HURT AND HAVE BEEN SCARED TO DEATH HE WOULD COME TO HURT ME AND MY MOMMY AS HE THREATEND IF I EVER TOLD. I HAVE SO MANY UNAWNSERED QUESTIONS? THE WHOLE THING IS FUCKED UP . IM VERY SORRY FOR THE SISTER WHO WENT THROUGH THAT NO MATTER WHAT GREG DONE TO ME INOCENT PEOPLE SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY. I HAVE PAYED EVERY DAY SINCE THE MOLESTATION AND FEEL THE COURT WAS RIGGED . YOU DONT GET 6 YRS WHEN THERE IS EVIDENCE LIKE YHE SEAMON THE DOCTERS FOUND IN ME LEGIT . GREG SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OUT AND WILL PAY ONE DAY UNTIL THEN I PRAY HE DOESNT DO IT AGAIN . AND I AM NOT AFRAID OF HIM ANY MORE I HAVE HAD MANY YEARS OF VIGILEANT TRAINING AND HOPE HA GETS FUCKED IN HIS ASS UNTIL HE BLEEDS TO DEATH.
UNTIL THEN I PRAY WE DONT CROSS PATHS.

LOVE ATTITUDE
sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

Judged:

rachelle,
go to megans web site under greg winchell. you might what to see the update.
a concerned friend
victim

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Judged:

Rachelle, that is just to sad, I heard about you when, the 2 letters came out about the 2 mothers pleaing for there sons, funny how the mother of Terrie Winchell Barbera never seems to mention what her son did to you, or her other son who just could not wait to see Micheal Morales die I mean he wanted front row seats. It is always differant when it is some one else, my be we should just keep your story on front page about what he did to you. I can really understand what you are going threw and have gone threw. I was molested for about 15 years, it started when I was 3,4 years old by my dad,cousen then when I was in my teens by my brother then it turned out my dad molested me my sister and my brother and down the road years later his 3 granddaughters, one was my daughter so believe me, what that so called human did to you was just to unreal,and we end up paying because we end up not trusting people and having bad relationships and nite mirrors.Are you in counseling?Please, Please feel free to write me I have years and years of experance and have been in councelling since 1989 when my dad was arrested. But I dont know if you live with your parents so please sak them first if you can talk I am sure they are supper protective of you,my mother stayed with my dad even after she knew what my dad did now that is sick.I am also writting a book about my life,I have been working on it for 4 years. Keep doing things that make you happy and lift your spirit. Always here to talk.
BRAD

Oakdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Judged:

Rachelle cunningham wrote:
Finally AFTER ALL THESE YEARS FEARING MY LIFE BECAUSE I COULDNT TRACK THIS DOWN AND GET A LITTLE CLOSER. I COUNT MY BLESSINGS AND THANK GOD ROR UNAWNSERED PRAYERS .I WAS THE LITTLE GIRL GREG HURT AND HAVE BEEN SCARED TO DEATH HE WOULD COME TO HURT ME AND MY MOMMY AS HE THREATEND IF I EVER TOLD. I HAVE SO MANY UNAWNSERED QUESTIONS? THE WHOLE THING IS FUCKED UP . IM VERY SORRY FOR THE SISTER WHO WENT THROUGH THAT NO MATTER WHAT GREG DONE TO ME INOCENT PEOPLE SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY. I HAVE PAYED EVERY DAY SINCE THE MOLESTATION AND FEEL THE COURT WAS RIGGED . YOU DONT GET 6 YRS WHEN THERE IS EVIDENCE LIKE YHE SEAMON THE DOCTERS FOUND IN ME LEGIT . GREG SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OUT AND WILL PAY ONE DAY UNTIL THEN I PRAY HE DOESNT DO IT AGAIN . AND I AM NOT AFRAID OF HIM ANY MORE I HAVE HAD MANY YEARS OF VIGILEANT TRAINING AND HOPE HA GETS FUCKED IN HIS ASS UNTIL HE BLEEDS TO DEATH.
UNTIL THEN I PRAY WE DONT CROSS PATHS.
LOVE ATTITUDE

RACHELLE, GREGS FAMILY NEVER HEARD YOUR SIDE AND I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR YOUR PAIN AND SUFFERING. THIS COWARDLY ACT AGAINT YOU WAS DENIED BY GREG. AND IT PAINS OUR FAMILY AND ALL HUMANITY WHO GIVES A SHIT. GREG WILL ANSWER TO GOD FOR HIS CRIME AGAINST YOU. NO CHILD OR "ANY PERSON" DESERVES WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH GOD BLESS YOU AND WE ARE SORRY. MY SISTER DIDN'T DESERVE WHAT MORALES DID TO HER.
Fred

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Judged:

What he did was no doubt a tragedy and he deserves to be punished but not to die. God knows that I feel for the victim and her family because he had no right to claim a human life and he has caused soooooooo many people to suffer. However, I have a big problem with the death penalty. To me, the death penalty seems to be where we are killing people to prove that killing is wrong. Jesus Christ said "let him without sin cast the first stone." By this Christ meant that the one who has never done anything wrong should be the one who executes the convicted. We have all done wrong and God never killed us. In His eyes, sin is sin no sin is greater or lesser. I say life imprisonment with no possibility of parole is the best punishment. Let him sit locked in a cage for the rest of his life and know that he can't ever get out. That would be the miserable existence he deserves. But, don't kill to prove that killing is wrong.
Sun Of The Beach

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Judged:

Good for the Governator. This scum should have never been brought in alive.

R Tuffy
victim

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Judged:

You are so right, Gregs family didnt here her side may be they should,they were sure in a hurry to plaster there sister story all over the page of the news paper about the person who killed her,I cant believe how unreally people are. if it was me or my daughter I would let every one know that Terrie Winchells brother was a CHILD MOLESTER.
BRAD

Oakdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Judged:

victim wrote:
You are so right, Gregs family didnt here her side may be they should,they were sure in a hurry to plaster there sister story all over the page of the news paper about the person who killed her,I cant believe how unreally people are. if it was me or my daughter I would let every one know that Terrie Winchells brother was a CHILD MOLESTER.
LETS BE CLEAR THAT TERRI HAS 4 BROTHERS AND 3 ARE NOT CHILD MOLESTERS NOR HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY CRIMES. I GUESS YOU ARE QUICK TO GROUP ALL OF US AS OTHER BROTHERS.....HER BROTHERS HAVE DAUGHTERS AND FAMILY AS WELL, BITCH.
victim

Franklin Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

Judged:

This is the bitch talking, she has 3 brothers stupid,then if terries brothers have daughters then they should understand.Once a molester always a molester,the guy that killed Terrie his family has brothers and sisters to and they dont have to pay the price of what there brother did.Lets keep it real here we are all so quick to judge,Believe me they WILL KILL a child molester before a murder,molesters are below murders in life and in prison.The thing is Mr. Morales family didnt go to court and try to say he was a angel, Terries mother Barbara did when her son Greg molested that 8 year old girl,Barbara pleaded in court that her son didnt mean it,but yet she and her family sure want MR.Morales to pay dearly now is that just or plain selfish.
s lynn

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

so whats going on with this guy now?
MzDeliverenz

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Didn't Greg manage to father a couple of kids before his ass got thrown in prison? A boy and a girl I think...
alarmed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

my god the irony of all of this..

There is no doubt that Moales deserves the death penalty for his crime. Greg Winchell?
As far as I'm concerned he should've been executed the first time he raped a child.

Mrs Winchell, I hope you think long and hard about that 'heartfelt' letter you wrote to the judge begging for leniency. That's a mark on your soul.

Evil exists in so many forms.
Elizabeth

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

Wow...so, because years later her brother raped or molested someone Terrie's name is dragged into her story. Both were victims. Why is terrie a part of
"your" story. I am a survivor of both rape and years upon years of being molested and a fortunate person who knew terrie. Her brother is apparently an ass that should die as well But, Why put terrie's name in with his. she died years before and what does she have to do with any of what happened after her death? People are hypocrites, That's stating the obvious.Just because terrie's brother did wrong it doesn't diminish what was done to her or take away the fact that some of us have waited years to see justice.
Linni

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

What has Greg Winchell´s crime have to do with her sister being murdered? The sister had no part in it and she is as innocent as any other murder victim. All of you idiots whining about your molestation experiences can go somewhere else. What her brother did years after his sister was murdered gives no justification to her murder.

What I wonder is, why the man who ordered the murder, Ortega, wasn´t sentenced to death. If Morales hadn´t agreed to commit the murder, he would have arranged someone else to do it. He is even more culpable than Morales. Also the boyfriend´s statement about how he carried on an affair with Ortega cause he was afraid he would kill him if he didn´t have sex with him... That´s bullshit. Nobody can force a man to have sex against his will. He should have warned Terrie about Ortega if he was so afraid of him. In some moral way he is responsible too.
victim

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

we all want the same thing justice, not killing another person to get even so we can sleep better,people are so crule and act like animals just to get even are they any better then mr. morales, i think not just let the courts and god decide and get on with our lives. i dont think miss.winchell would like all this fighting ,I mean every body was saying how sweet and loving terrie was so do you think she would like all this madness.
victim

Tulare, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

well i guess no body wins the death penelty is over we can all stop being evil.its time to put the hatered away its been to many years of carring all that hatered you will never make it to heaven haha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••