Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors

May 20, 2014 Full story: KCRA-TV Sacramento 1,788

Same-sex marriage opponents can't keep the identities of their campaign donors secret, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday in upholding a lower court decision.

Full Story
First Prev
of 90
Next Last

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1 May 21, 2014
So far, NOM has lost in hiding their donors in several Court battles and YET have faced NO consequences for NOT complying.......when will they get punished?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 May 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
So far, NOM has lost in hiding their donors in several Court battles and YET have faced NO consequences for NOT complying.......when will they get punished?
About the same time you see bankers in jail....
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 May 21, 2014
Donors just need to bring cash to a bank or post office.
Buy a money order and send it to anyone they want to.

The donors that received hate mail and threats should file charges.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Wondering, why are Republicans all about personal accountability, except their own?

Such an anonymous donation as you suggest would not be legally able to be processed. It comes as little surprise that you immediately suggest perpetrating a fraud.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
But you're on record as saying that bullying just toughens people up.

Wait until those names are released and the boycotts of the bigots' businesses start. Then all of a sudden the "religious" freeeks will be anti bullying [sic] activists, that's for sure.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#6 May 21, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, why are Republicans all about personal accountability, except their own?
Such an anonymous donation as you suggest would not be legally able to be processed. It comes as little surprise that you immediately suggest perpetrating a fraud.
I'm not a republican.

No fraud, real money, made out to whomever. The important thing is that someone is standing behind a cause, whatever the cause may be.

Questions for you. If I sent a money order to NOM for $10,000 what would they do with it? Return it? Who would they return it to? I think they would just list me as anonymous and put the money to work.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 May 21, 2014
Magic Utah Uwear wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're on record as saying that bullying just toughens people up.
That's false. I'm a big supporter of anti-bullying in public schools and especially elementary schools even though it rarely happens. You got that one so wrong I'm going to label your reply lides-esque.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#8 May 21, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The more important point about the stupid idea is that NOM got an incredibly high percentage of its funds from about four donors. They can't mail in millions of dollars in $1000 money orders, either practically or in terms of money laundering protections.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#9 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's false. I'm a big supporter of anti-bullying in public schools and especially elementary schools even though it rarely happens. You got that one so wrong I'm going to label your reply lides-esque.
You lie badly.

You oppose anti bulling efforts when it comes to lgbt people. And bullying does not happen "rarely." Perhaps the anti bullying "rarely happens," and that's what you meant.

BTW, why do you say (lie) that you support efforts to stop something, bullying, that "rarely happens"?

So you're "not religious" and you're "not a Republican." Why don't you tell us what you are, I mean, apart from a lying, witless, bigot and troll?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#10 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
I'm not a republican.
No fraud, real money, made out to whomever. The important thing is that someone is standing behind a cause, whatever the cause may be.
Questions for you. If I sent a money order to NOM for $10,000 what would they do with it? Return it? Who would they return it to? I think they would just list me as anonymous and put the money to work.
No, you aren't smart enough to be a republican, or a democrat for that matter.

You are an imbecile, who occasionally encourages fraud.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 May 21, 2014
Magic Utah Uwear wrote:
You oppose anti bulling efforts when it comes to lgbt people.
False again. I don't support putting an emphasis on any special interest group, including LGBT. I prefer to call them all kids.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 May 21, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you aren't smart enough to be a republican, or a democrat for that matter.
You are an imbecile, who occasionally encourages fraud.
I'm smart enough not to be either. You aren't smarter than a rock, but you sure are funny.
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#13 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
False again. I don't support putting an emphasis on any special interest group, including LGBT. I prefer to call them all kids.
That's exactly what I said. You oppose any efforts to stop bullying of lgbt kids (or other specifically targeted groups.)

Wait until we see little christianist snots getting bullied._Then_ all you freeeks will support anti bullying efforts on behalf of a specific, targeted group.

BTW, you lie you're not religious and not Republican. What are you? Apart from an inane dissembler and troll?
Magic Utah Uwear

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, why do you say (lie) that you're a staunch proponent of programs (which you don't actually support) which address something that "rarely happens" (that you know is ubiquitous)?

Because you're a bad liar.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#15 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
I'm smart enough not to be either. You aren't smarter than a rock, but you sure are funny.
I wish you were funny. Then again, I also wish that you weren't so dumb.

Why don't you go back to endorsing fraud again, Wondering?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 May 21, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you were funny. Then again, I also wish that you weren't so dumb.
Why don't you go back to endorsing fraud again, Wondering?
BTW dummy, you didn't answer my questions:

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Donations to causes that want to deny civil rights to others, should be illegal. Exposing such donors is a slap on the wrist. Solicitation of such donations should itself be illegal, since marriage between adults should not be a political issue.

Same-sex marriage should not be subjected to to the backward thinking of the ignorant and bigoted. My marriage, a heterosexual one, is in no way affected or diminished by same-sex marriage. It is simply none of my business, and should be no one else's business except for the parties involved.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#18 May 21, 2014
Wondering wrote:
BTW dummy, you didn't answer my questions:
They can't legally take money if they do not know where it is coming from. Doing so endangers their tax exempt status. Were you not a moron, you would understand this.

I am sure NOM would take the money, they are morally impaired, just as you are mentally impaired.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 May 21, 2014
Magic Utah Uwear wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, why do you say (lie) that you're a staunch proponent of programs (which you don't actually support) which address something that "rarely happens" (that you know is ubiquitous)?
Because you're a bad liar.
Do you recall anything about "Lesson 9?"
Homosexuals said that the bullying of gays needed immediate attention in Alameda County public elementary schools. It was a crisis. An investigation was done, it turns out that 'gay bullying' in public elementary schools is just about non-existent all across the country, not just in Alameda County.
The gay solution was to have all of the kids read "And Tango Makes Three." A book about gay penguins that never touched on bullying. It seems that the homosexuals are the liars, and in this case, very weird too..
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 May 21, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Same-sex marriage should not be subjected to to the backward thinking of the ignorant and bigoted.
I think allowing gay marriage is backward thinking. That said, I don't care if you marry as long as you just mind your own business and have as happy a life as you can without forcing yourselves on others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 90
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couples Anxious to Grab First Idaho Same-Sex Ma... Mon TheRealZeke 6
Gay marriage news: NC magistrate won't marry co... Mon Jonah1 166
Gay marriage developments: Wyoming holds out Mon Fa-Foxy 13
Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona Oct 19 Hamish 25
Federal judge strikes down Alaska's marriage ban Oct 19 Newt G s Next Wife 96
Judge strikes down Arizonaa s ban on gay marriage Oct 19 Belle Sexton 22
Gay marriage: U.S. Supreme Court should stay ou... Oct 18 model t 3

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE