California's Gay Marriage Ban Overturned

There are 4290 comments on the latimesblogs.latimes.com story from Feb 7, 2012, titled California's Gay Marriage Ban Overturned. In it, latimesblogs.latimes.com reports that:

A federal appeals court Tuesday struck down California's ban on same-sex marriage, clearing the way for the U.S. Supreme Court to rule on gay marriage as early as next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at latimesblogs.latimes.com.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4441 Jul 29, 2012
biiguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis, one man, one women...
Except when it was one man, two women, or one man, several women & a few concubines, too..
Sooo, why couldn't the Mormans keep polygyny?? After all, it was in the Bible.. even in Genesis..
I'm not exercised about any iteration between male and females, as it still entails natural processes. But the distubing coupling of two men is just too disturbing to pass any muster, of decency....

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4442 Jul 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And I think you are a twit.
But hey, love the cliches you come up with when a statement or question stumps you
Heh heh heh....

I guess one mans' cliche is another man's insight, huh?

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4443 Jul 29, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, when all of Adam and Eve's children began having sex with each other, thus populating the world through incest?
For your comment here to make sense, we would have to believe that the creation is myth actually happened. Then, we would have to make the assumption that because God created a man and women who could breed and populate the world, that he did not also create gay folks and bless them with life-mates as well.
A pretty big assumption that is not supported by the text.
Well when God told them to "go forth and multiply", its obvious that he wasn't talking about homosexuals, since the only thing they ever "multiply" are diseases.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4444 Jul 29, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And why argue religion? Gay folks can ALREADY marry in Christian churches if they choose.
We are talking about secular, CIVIL recognition of marriage, not the religious definition of a particular denomination.
YOU aren't suggesting that religious belief should dominate civil law, are you? I mean, which religion would become the dominant one?
MY Christian denomination marries gay couples. Do you agree that they should be legally recognized as well?
Or do you propose to impose your own personal belief on others?
Anything can happen in a building, even if its called a church. But the real church is a body of believers, the "bride" that Christ died for, and is coming back for...

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4445 Jul 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It does beg the question "Who created the people that lived in the Land of Nod when Adam and Eve were still in the Garden of Eden and hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit yet."
The Bible said that God created Adam and Eve. But it does NOT by any means preclude God from creating more people, does it? There is nothing that says that God didn't create THOUSANDS of others in other lands, including Nod.....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4446 Jul 29, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible said that God created Adam and Eve. But it does NOT by any means preclude God from creating more people, does it? There is nothing that says that God didn't create THOUSANDS of others in other lands, including Nod.....
So the bible isn't the complete story - is that what you're saying?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4447 Jul 29, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not exercised about any iteration between male and females, as it still entails natural processes. But the distubing coupling of two men is just too disturbing to pass any muster, of decency....
No, just because you are grossed out does not mean it's not decent or that anyone else is necessarily disturbed by it.
Your hate and judgemental control freak lies disturb me, and I find you to be completely without decency.
Always have, regardless of the subject. You're a waste of air.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4448 Jul 30, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when God told them to "go forth and multiply", its obvious that he wasn't talking about homosexuals, since the only thing they ever "multiply" are diseases.
I guess one mans' cliche is another man's insight, huh?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4449 Jul 30, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible isn't the complete story - is that what you're saying?
It's the only reasonable conclusion given DS Higgins premise.

Of course Higgins isn't anywhere near reasonable. He obviously never took the time to connect the two ideas in the post he recently made about disease and "go forth and multiply."

It's really sad when the only way to feel righteous and good is to use God as your weapon against your neighbors. He probably would have loved Bosnia during the purge.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4450 Jul 30, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>What is your president doing to make things better"
The average American under President Obama's term paid 17% of their income on taxes. That even lower than when Ronald Reagan was in office.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4451 Jul 30, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible said that God created Adam and Eve. But it does NOT by any means preclude God from creating more people, does it? There is nothing that says that God didn't create THOUSANDS of others in other lands, including Nod.....
The creatures that inhabit this earth--be they human beings or animals--are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

“To push the boundaries....”

Since: Oct 07

Nazereth, Israel

#4452 Aug 3, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not exercised about any iteration between male and females, as it still entails natural processes. But the distubing coupling of two men is just too disturbing to pass any muster, of decency....
YOUR sense, perhaps, but not that of many others. If you feel that it is your right to impose your own beliefs upon others (and, of course, if others try to do the same to you you'd scream bloody murder), then YOU are the one with a major problem, not them. All gays want is equality, the right to choose & marry their own spouse. They have no intention of forcing straights into SSMs. You are the one who feels that it your (god-given) right to impose your beliefs.. Hmmm, wait until Sharia law comes to town & does what its practioners want to you....

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4453 Sep 5, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible isn't the complete story - is that what you're saying?
Yes, thats what I'm saying. There is absolutely no way that the Bible could contain every aspect of God's wonder..... I'm also saying that there is MORE than enough in the Bible to allow for a moral and godly walk, if one should be so inclined.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#4454 Sep 5, 2012
biiguy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR sense, perhaps, but not that of many others. If you feel that it is your right to impose your own beliefs upon others (and, of course, if others try to do the same to you you'd scream bloody murder), then YOU are the one with a major problem, not them. All gays want is equality, the right to choose & marry their own spouse. They have no intention of forcing straights into SSMs. You are the one who feels that it your (god-given) right to impose your beliefs.. Hmmm, wait until Sharia law comes to town & does what its practioners want to you....
You have yer beliefs, as I have my beliefs. But its interesting that you seem to think mine is an imposition on you or anyone else...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#4455 Sep 12, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when God told them to "go forth and multiply", its obvious that he wasn't talking about homosexuals, since the only thing they ever "multiply" are diseases.
Yes, and the gays get them there diseases from kissing, like Republitard Bill Frist said. lmao Looks like you're as stupid as that idiot.

At least the GOP was smart enough to get rid of Frist. Akin will be next and as for you, I'm sure years of inbreeding guarantee you a short life expectancy so at least there's that.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#4456 Sep 13, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thats what I'm saying. There is absolutely no way that the Bible could contain every aspect of God's wonder..... I'm also saying that there is MORE than enough in the Bible to allow for a moral and godly walk, if one should be so inclined.
Funny that you take the Adam and Eve story literally. Theologists seem to think it's just a figurative story because one man and one woman can't populate the earth with healthy humans, especially when they had two sons. If so, then Eve had sex with her sons and sorry but if you think THAT is ok but homosexual sex is gross, you're one sick pup.

You know nothing about theology, really. You just think you do, like most uppity Xtians. Y'all are a hoot.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4457 Sep 13, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that you take the Adam and Eve story literally. Theologists seem to think it's just a figurative story because one man and one woman can't populate the earth with healthy humans, especially when they had two sons. If so, then Eve had sex with her sons and sorry but if you think THAT is ok but homosexual sex is gross, you're one sick pup.
You know nothing about theology, really. You just think you do, like most uppity Xtians. Y'all are a hoot.
That's right.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#4458 Sep 13, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not exercised about any iteration between male and females, as it still entails natural processes. But the distubing coupling of two men is just too disturbing to pass any muster, of decency....
Your emotions about a relationship between two adult consenting human beings isn't relevant. Equal rights are equal rights.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#4459 Sep 13, 2012
Ds Higgins1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yer beliefs, as I have my beliefs. But its interesting that you seem to think mine is an imposition on you or anyone else...
If you truly believe that you don't want to impose your beliefs on others, you won't oppose SSM.

“To push the boundaries....”

Since: Oct 07

Nazereth, Israel

#4460 Oct 31, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you truly believe that you don't want to impose your beliefs on others, you won't oppose SSM.
Amen to that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News YouTube Given Permission to Show Anti-Islam Movie May 20 Mikey 5
News Guam gay marriage case won't wait for US high c... May 8 Robin Hood 1
News Santa Cruz Nazi salute civil rights suit winds ... Apr 28 to a Pedantic Blo... 38
News High Courts To Consider Lawsuits Over Personal ... Apr 27 goonsquad 1
News Bonds' obstruction conviction thrown out by app... Apr 24 Cordwainer Trout 2
News Judge returns ultra-rich club founder Tim Blixs... Apr 22 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Guam attorney general orders gay marriage to mo... Apr '15 okimar 3
More from around the web