Arizona 20-Week Abortion Ban Upheld B...

Arizona 20-Week Abortion Ban Upheld By Judge

There are 6 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Arizona 20-Week Abortion Ban Upheld By Judge. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

A federal judge in Arizona decided on Monday to allow a law that bans abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy to go into effect on August 2. The law, which Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
Oh No !!

the baby killers arent going to like this

once you give the liblosers a licence to kill,
its hard for them to give it up

I CHOOSE to protect babies from murdering libloons
who are PRO baby death

the reason the law was passed,
the proponents claim babies feel pain after 20 weeks.

baby killers dont care

they will fight it
Bingo

Lake Villa, IL

#2 Jul 30, 2012
I for one hope this is the beginning of the end to the legal slaughtering of our fellow human beings.

Holy mackeral can it possibly be that morals and responsiblity for one's actions could make a comeback!

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#3 Jul 31, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
Oh No !!
the baby killers arent going to like this
once you give the liblosers a licence to kill,
its hard for them to give it up
I CHOOSE to protect babies from murdering libloons
who are PRO baby death
the reason the law was passed,
the proponents claim babies feel pain after 20 weeks.
baby killers dont care
they will fight it
oh for sure they will fight this, but it might just be the one they lose ultimately as it will go to the supreme court and more and more people are coming to the realization that abortion is murder.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#4 Jul 31, 2012
Bingo wrote:
I for one hope this is the beginning of the end to the legal slaughtering of our fellow human beings.
Holy mackeral can it possibly be that morals and responsiblity for one's actions could make a comeback!
Keep your head up, this going to be revolutionary.
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#5 Jul 31, 2012
Bingo wrote:
They are human fetuses, not human beings. Is a tadpole a frog? Is a caterpillar a butterfly?

Your morality is flawed. Making people live under the pillar of your personal convictions IS taking away peoples freedom of choice. And if it stems from your religious beliefs, it is also unconstitutional!

Whether you agree with someone else getting an abortion or not, it doesn't affect you personally, so butt out!
Butchery thwarted

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Bingo wrote:
Quoting the court's decision [ http://www.adfmedia.org/files/HorneIsaacsonOr... ]:

... "In choosing to put a limit on abortions past 20 weeks gestational age, the Arizona Legislature cited to the substantial and well-documented evidence that an unborn child has the capacity to feel pain during an abortion by at least twenty weeks gestational age. Defendants presented uncontradicted and credible evidence to the Court that supports this determination. Namely, the Court finds that, by 7 weeks gestational age, pain sensors develop in the face of the unborn child and, by 20 weeks, sensory receptors develop all over the child’s body and the children have a full complement of pain receptors.

That the unborn child can feel pain is further supported by the fact that when provoked by painful stimuli, such as a needle, the child reacts, as measured by increases in the child’s stress hormones, heart rate, and blood pressure.

When the child is given anesthesia, these responses decrease, which is why doctors often give both the mother and the fetus anesthesia separately in the case of fetal surgery. Id.; Doc. 12 25-1, Exhibit 2 at ¶¶ 27, 29-30. Nowhere in the Record is it suggested that a fetus is given anesthesia before being subjected to a D&E or an induction abortion.

Given the nature of D&Es and induction abortions, as described above, and the finding that the unborn child has developed pain sensors all over its body by 20 weeks gestational age, this Court concludes that the State has shown a legitimate interest in limiting abortions past 20 weeks gestational age.

Further, in promulgating H.B. 2036, Arizona expressed concerns for the health of the pregnant woman, finding that the instance of complications is highest after twenty weeks of gestation. This additional legitimate interest further supports H.B. 2036’s regulation on abortions after 20 weeks gestational age. See Doc. 25-3 at Exhibit 3.

Based on the foregoing, the Court finds that Plaintiffs cannot succeed on the merits of their claim that H.B. 2036 is unconstitutional and thus, Plaintiffs’ requests for preliminary and permanent injunctions are denied."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Copyright lawsuits involving hit songs Fri John McCharlie 3
News Appeals court: No right to carry concealed weap... Jun 12 WeTheSheeple 79
News Concealed carry in public not guaranteed under ... Jun 12 payme 11
News Could appeals court concealed carry ruling impa... Jun 11 RiflemanIII 1
News Federal Court rules Arizona cannot legally deny... Jun 11 Nopal 71
News Appeals courts agree on concealed weapons ban r... Jun 11 Bama Yankee 1
News Illegal immigrants kidnapping children to sneak... Jun 8 tomin cali 1
More from around the web