Supreme Court to take new look at aff...

Supreme Court to take new look at affirmative action

There are 55 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Feb 21, 2012, titled Supreme Court to take new look at affirmative action. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

The Supreme Court will once again confront the issue of race in university admissions in a case brought by a white student denied a spot at the flagship campus of the University of Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fundiementals

Media, PA

#41 Feb 22, 2012
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
But not necessarily the applicant. So because some one's daddy did well at Yale, Yale should automatically accept the son?
And affirmative action is not an automatic admission of inferiority of the individual but an inequity in opportunities.
This is exactly right: Colleges take into account as minor factors where a person is from, what religion they practice, what school they went to, legacy relationships with the school.

It's called "diversity," and that doesn't just mean race.

Yet the Tea Baggers - who when they're on script deny being racists - focus only on affirmative action when it's race based.

On the positive side, they haven't yet claimed that too many Asians are dominating institutions of higher learning and thus that white people should be given extra consideration in admissions. Yet....
River Veteran

Alpharetta, GA

#42 Feb 22, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you are capable of enlightenment.
And who the hell is "us", your fellow zombies?
LMAO...this is a typical reply of an unAmerican progressive that doesn't have an answer or rebuttle. Laughable and still typical.
River Veteran

Alpharetta, GA

#43 Feb 22, 2012
Fundiementals wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly right: Colleges take into account as minor factors where a person is from, what religion they practice, what school they went to, legacy relationships with the school.
It's called "diversity," and that doesn't just mean race.
Yet the Tea Baggers - who when they're on script deny being racists - focus only on affirmative action when it's race based.
On the positive side, they haven't yet claimed that too many Asians are dominating institutions of higher learning and thus that white people should be given extra consideration in admissions. Yet....
Bwaaaa ha ha ha

You seem to be another liberal troll, spewing predigested OPINION that is not based on fact or reality.

Repubs and even tea party people don't believe in any shape or form what you've typed on this thread....nice try though. They don't believe that 'white people should be given extra consideration'.....they just believe that NO ONE should be given extra consideration over another.
Aspirin Between My Legos

Media, PA

#44 Feb 22, 2012
River Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwaaaa ha ha ha
You seem to be another liberal troll, spewing predigested OPINION that is not based on fact or reality.
Repubs and even tea party people don't believe in any shape or form what you've typed on this thread....nice try though. They don't believe that 'white people should be given extra consideration'.....they just believe that NO ONE should be given extra consideration over another.
Hey lying filth, you dun fergit the content of ma post.

I said colleges take into account in a minor way many non academic performance traits in admission - income, geography, legacy, extra curricular, religion.

The fact is you Tea Baggers _only_ complain about taking race into account in admissions. Why not the other traits colleges consider in admissions?

And these boards at topix are littered with overtly racist posts from Tea Baggers, most often likening one Obama or other to an animal of some sort. Everyone reads those posts. Everyone knows it's true.

Finally, you cretin, I said that Tea Baggers have not _yet_ demanded affirmative action for whites vis a vis Asian students. Read my post again. Gut ur hom skool teechur to hewlp u.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#45 Feb 23, 2012
River Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwaaaa ha ha ha
So you DO BELIEVE that George W Bush should NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN SPECIAL CONSIDERATION for entrance into Yale JUST BECAUSE HIS DADDY WAS A YALIE.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#46 Feb 27, 2012
I'm sure all those black basketball players playing on college teams have good grades.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#47 Feb 27, 2012
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO BELIEVE that George W Bush should NOT HAVE BEEN GIVEN SPECIAL CONSIDERATION for entrance into Yale JUST BECAUSE HIS DADDY WAS A YALIE.
And the presidency too....

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#48 Feb 27, 2012
gossamer wrote:
I'm sure all those black basketball players playing on college teams have good grades.
Ask your mother.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#49 Feb 27, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your mother.
What an ignorant little person you are.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#50 Feb 28, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ignorant little person you are.
Ask your mother.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#51 Feb 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your mother.
Ignornat little person what she said.

You are probable black and live in a crack house. Eat chittling and beat your pitt bull.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#52 Feb 29, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignornat little person what she said.
You are probable black and live in a crack house. Eat chittling and beat your pitt bull.
Ask your mother hoe little I am; she is turning red.
River Veteran

Alpharetta, GA

#53 Feb 29, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your mother.
Why don'tyou ask your mother, how the Donkey Punch felt that I gave her last night!

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#54 Mar 1, 2012
River Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don'tyou ask your mother, how the Donkey Punch felt that I gave her last night!
HA HA, are you one of those lying phony vets?

Do you falsely claim to have a Congressional Medal Of Honor?

Poo poo.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#55 Mar 4, 2012
River Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal appeals court considers kids' climate c... Dec 12 Stephen D Clark 8
News Prominent 9th Circuit judge accused of sexual m... Dec 9 INVESTIGATE 1
News Prominent 9th Circuit judge accused of sexual m... Dec 9 anonymous 2
News US Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Tru... Dec 7 Red Crosse 40
News Trump turns to US Supreme Court in immigrant do... Dec 3 See The Light 4
News Bill O'Reilly Says Voters, Not Judges, Should D... (Feb '12) Dec 1 Eyes of Abandonment 6
News Judge permanently blocks Trump sanctuary cities... Nov 25 RealityCheck 52
More from around the web