Court: UW-Madison must fund prayer ac...

Court: UW-Madison must fund prayer activities

There are 16 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Court: UW-Madison must fund prayer activities. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A federal appeals court has upheld a lower court's ruling that the University of Wisconsin-Madison must pay for student activities involving prayer, worship and proselytizing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Superficial Bible

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Allah be with you!
Pizza Man

Maple Grove, MN

#2 Sep 1, 2010
Yes! Victory!
The Real Deal

Delano, MN

#3 Sep 1, 2010
Outstanding! I wonder if the good folks at the ACLU were at the forefront of this victory?
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 1, 2010
Finally! A reasonable decision affirming governmental "NEUTRALITY" concerning religion.
Daniel Bliss

Rochester, MN

#5 Sep 1, 2010
As long as they fund all groups, what's the problem? Only if they forbid some, such as Muslim, Wicca, Satanism, and the like, would they run afoul of the courts. And they wouldn't do that, would they?
Newtons 3rd Law

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Sep 1, 2010
As a proud ex-catholic and staunch atheist, I think this is a good decision. Fair is fair, and equal is equal.
Now it's time for Catholics and other religious sects to demonstrate their fairness and support equality for gays who want to marry.
Betty

San Francisco, CA

#7 Sep 1, 2010
should be separation of church and state

this is so wrong. Pretty soon will have Christian Talibans
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Sep 1, 2010
Newtons 3rd Law wrote:
As a proud ex-catholic and staunch atheist, I think this is a good decision. Fair is fair, and equal is equal.
Now it's time for Catholics and other religious sects to demonstrate their fairness and support equality for gays who want to marry.
You're talking apples and oranges here and you know it. What good would church doctrine be if it were a living, breething document? Soon we'd have false prophet's calling good evil and evil good. Oops.
Are you kidding me

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 1, 2010
D*mn liberal judges
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#10 Sep 1, 2010
Betty wrote:
should be separation of church and state
this is so wrong. Pretty soon will have Christian Talibans
Sorry but we already do---didn't you listen to Glenn Beck this weekend??
Mormon Nailer

United States

#11 Sep 1, 2010
"the judge and the appeals court say subsidizing the activities does not amount to an illegal endorsement of religion."

Like HELL it doesn't!
Mormon Nailer

United States

#12 Sep 1, 2010
You realize this also means they have to subsidize Muslim stuff and all other sorts of religious crap now too, right? The floodgates are open. What a moronic judge. He/she should lose his/her seat.
First Time Offender

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 1, 2010
where is the nearest tub to wash my feet
Ummm Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Sep 1, 2010
Wow, are you guys ingnorant bigots. UW-Madison singled out Christian groups for banning student fees and meeting rooms on campus.
Ummm Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Sep 1, 2010
Newton, the UW-Madison student fees alreay pay for homosexual propaganda.

“Celebrate Liberty and Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

Mpls

#16 Sep 1, 2010
Let's put the ten commandments in stone right outside the school

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DOJ asks to keep 'Making a Murderer' inmate loc... Jun 27 CodeTalker 1
News Chicago court stays deportation of pizza worker... May '17 Geezer 1
News Ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich files another appeal on... May '17 online reality bu... 1
News Ex-Illinois Governor Blagojevich's 14-year pris... Apr '17 tomin cali 2
News Appeals court denies Blagojevich request for 3r... Apr '17 CodeTalker 2
News US court, again, takes up issue of Blagojevich ... Apr '17 okimar 1
News High court may re-examine Civil Rights Act afte... Apr '17 Gremlin 2
More from around the web