Vrdolyak's Sentence Overturned

Vrdolyak's Sentence Overturned

There are 14 comments on the MyFoxChicago story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Vrdolyak's Sentence Overturned. In it, MyFoxChicago reports that:

Former Chicago Ald. Ed Vrdolyak's probation-only sentence for fraud has been overturned by an appellate panel, meaning he could face prison time when he is re-sentenced. Vrdolyak had pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the $15 million sale of a Gold Coast building belonging to the former Chicago Medical School, now called the Rosalind Franklin ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxChicago.

Dems too crazy

Hammond, IN

#1 Jan 29, 2010
Why? we have a President in the White house that has probably done worse-leave the old guy alone.

“Common Sense, How Refreshing!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Levine was the person in control of the deal not Eddie. I can tell you someone is being paid off on this one and I am sure Daley is involved.
Moises Sandoval

Westchester, IL

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Vrdolyak is a bigger criminal than any Chicago alderman ever. Hope he spends a few good years in the Federal slammer.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2010
Moises Sandoval wrote:
Vrdolyak is a bigger criminal than any Chicago alderman ever. Hope he spends a few good years in the Federal slammer.
Everybody is a criminal in your book, Grandpa! You are just blogging to hear yourself because nobody else will listen to your senile old ass. Why don't you try and study the case before entering your useless drivel and know what you are talking about!

Since: Dec 07

Roselle, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2010
Czar of Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is a criminal in your book, Grandpa! You are just blogging to hear yourself because nobody else will listen to your senile old ass. Why don't you try and study the case before entering your useless drivel and know what you are talking about!
Are you saying Vrdolyak is NOT a criminal??
johnssen

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 29, 2010
Vraydolak is a criminal
dayax

Menlo Park, CA

#7 Jan 29, 2010
haha

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2010
manimal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Vrdolyak is NOT a criminal??
I am not at all implying that Vrdolyak is not a criminal, I mean he's an attorney and a politician, so that automatically makes him an unsavory character.

However, this case stinks to high heaven and if Stuart Levine wasn't trying to protect his sorry ass, it would have never been a case to begin with.

They essentially charged him with something that happens everyday in the real estate market. If you want a property that is up for bid and you are not sure your bid will get it, you become friends with the listing agent who has the power to steer the bid to you. Once you have won the bid, the listing agent will expect remuniration for their effort on top of the sales commission.

Now, I am not saying this is right but unfortunately it's the way things happen in the business world and I am sure that Judge Shadur took this into consideration when he passed down the sentence.

If you want to convict Vrdolyak, I am sure there are a lot more severe crimes that he has committed in his career, that are open and shut cases and would lock him up for the remainder of his life, instead of grasping for straws.
Judge Roy Bean

Round Lake, IL

#9 Jan 30, 2010
First they need to horse whip fast eddie, oh I'd say 40 lashes to the scumbag,just for all those under the table deals, back room kickbacks, and helping the other scum in the city....besides being the biggest thief himself. Then we water board him till he tells of all the coruption that he and his pals (Daley Dickface Mob) did, after we have a nice long list, we round them up famlies and all don't matter if pa's a corupt public servent and he's corrupt family WILL suffer to!.....Then we tar and feather the whole bunch and run them thru the getto being stoned by punks and gangbangers....and they better not stop till they cross the state line or it's a life sentence ......

IL. Land of Corruption..........
Citizen

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Jan 30, 2010
Czar of Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not at all implying that Vrdolyak is not a criminal, I mean he's an attorney and a politician, so that automatically makes him an unsavory character.
However, this case stinks to high heaven and if Stuart Levine wasn't trying to protect his sorry ass, it would have never been a case to begin with.
They essentially charged him with something that happens everyday in the real estate market. If you want a property that is up for bid and you are not sure your bid will get it, you become friends with the listing agent who has the power to steer the bid to you. Once you have won the bid, the listing agent will expect remuniration for their effort on top of the sales commission.
Now, I am not saying this is right but unfortunately it's the way things happen in the business world and I am sure that Judge Shadur took this into consideration when he passed down the sentence.
If you want to convict Vrdolyak, I am sure there are a lot more severe crimes that he has committed in his career, that are open and shut cases and would lock him up for the remainder of his life, instead of grasping for straws.
This is not always the case Czar. There are ethical people in the business also, believe it or not.
Dems too crazy

United States

#11 Jan 30, 2010
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not always the case Czar. There are ethical people in the business also, believe it or not.
where in Illinois--give me a list.
Citizen

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Jan 30, 2010
Dems too crazy wrote:
<quoted text>where in Illinois--give me a list.
no list Dem, but trust me, I do know what I'm talking about

Location hidden

#13 Jan 30, 2010
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not denying that ethical people in business exist but they are a very small minority.
Citizen

Tinley Park, IL

#14 Jan 30, 2010
Czar of Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Not denying that ethical people in business exist but they are a very small minority.
;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Subway pitchman Foglea s appeal of sentence ... Jun 10 Dr Wu 4
News Judge dismisses Highland lawsuit against Terre ... May '16 buttsniffer 15
News CCW Weekend: Barriers To National Concealed Car... Apr '16 payme 2
News Supreme Court refuses to hear Blagojevich appeal Mar '16 John McCharlie 4
News US top court rejects Illinois ex-governor's cor... Mar '16 Gina Ann 1
News Wisconsin AG to Appeal Abortion Law to Supreme ... Mar '16 cpeter1313 1
News Posner opinion upholds lifetime GPS bracelet fo... Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web