Obama Promises No 'Litmus Test' for S...

Obama Promises No 'Litmus Test' for Supreme Court Nominee

There are 3 comments on the New York Times story from Apr 21, 2010, titled Obama Promises No 'Litmus Test' for Supreme Court Nominee. In it, New York Times reports that:

President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. met with Senators Jeff Sessions, left, and Patrick Leahy, the heads of the Judiciary Committee, to discuss his next Supreme Court nominee at the White House on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Altamonte Springs, FL

#1 Apr 21, 2010
The litmus test applies to Republican nominees only. It is kind of Obama to give Republicans advance notice that he will not permit them to employ a Republican right to life litmus test.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Apr 21, 2010
Time for a lesbian on the court.
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 22, 2010
In related news, Vidkun Quisling promises to be faithful to Norway.

Caution: abortionspeak dissembling ahead. "Women's rights," "bodily integrity" (huh?) are pro-aborts' not exactly secret code for "unfettered abortion."

“I don't have litmus tests around any of these issues, but I will say that I want somebody who is going to be interpreting our Constitution in a way that takes into account individual rights and that includes women’s rights and that is going to be something that is very important to me," Obama said, essentially putting a litmus test into place.

"Obama added that he believes the Constitution guarantees the right to privacy and "bodily integrity,"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing Trend: 2nd and 6th Circuits Join 7th in... Thu Kasick of Pancakes 9
News Judge refuses to order school to suspend transg... Jan '18 BHM5267 60
News Republicans: 'Catholic bigotry' over Democrats ... Oct '17 mr gleeble 2
News Sexual orientation Title VII cases work way tow... (Aug '17) Sep '17 Rubio s Foam Partays 16
News DOJ asks to keep 'Making a Murderer' inmate loc... (Jun '17) Jun '17 CodeTalker 1
News Chicago court stays deportation of pizza worker... (May '17) May '17 Geezer 1
News Ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich files another appeal on... (May '17) May '17 online reality bu... 1