H&R Block hit with lawsuit

Full story: Northern Star Online

CHICAGO A federal judge has approved a $39 million settlement in a long-running class-action lawsuit against H&R Block Inc.

Comments (Page 16)

Showing posts 301 - 307 of307
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HR Block Losers

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

preparer wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see how it is easy to miss the statement in bold letters on the "loan application" that says IT IS A LOAN. Your tax professional is not responsible for your inability to manage finances and is also not responsible for the fact that you either owe the government or didn't pay your obligation to a Fed, State or Child support agency. Most people know going in whether or not they will be approved.(you know whether you have bad credit or not) Every loan has a credit check so don't be suprised when YOUR CREDIT causes you problems. Oh and by the way, the IRS does what they want to do. Preparers, banks and companies are not at fault for what the IRS decides to do. They have actually denied parents their right to claim their own children before. Oh my, the government isn't shafting someone again are they??? Forgive me for not sounding shocked.

The average client who goes to Block and take loan seem to have less than a high school education or else they wouldn't be in the hole they are in year after year. 99.9% of them don't have any finances, savings accounts or any long term investments. Perhaps they are getting by, but why do they need to go on a shopping spree once they receive that loan check?
clark333

Springvale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

you guys should check out http://www.lessons4you.net/accounting/
shannon faught

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

i lost my home of sixteen years over three years ago i went to pull my husbands credit and h&r block was showing we owed them money and were also showing late payments which is still hurting our credit we are trying to get another home loan and this BIG MISTAKE is hurting our chances back in 2006 the preparer who prepared our taxes put in 2275 in our office supplies/deductions the amount was supposed to be only 275 dollars so we in turn the irs kept money out of the return check so we had to pay h&r block i recently got a copy of our 2006 return and that is when i found the mistake i want to sue their asses my husband and i have given them sixteen years of loyalty and they are going to pay for their mistake dearly!!!!!! does anyone know of a good lawyer or what type of lawyer i should look for my email is shannonfaught@hotmail.com
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

RIP OFF!! I just filed my taxes with H&R bank because it was convenient but I ended up paying $210.00 for a short form. I had already completed the forms with them and I said to the agent wow! that's expesive. He said well that's what the computer said...
I said that's too bad, my son also has to do his taxes but I'll just send him to our regular tax guy he'll do the short form for cheap.
The agent at H&R block asked to see his forms since I had them with me looked me in the eyes and said I can do them for $49 as a dependent. I made the appt. for my son.
Today 2/27/10 we went;guess what. When it was time to pay they charged us $79 because that's what the computer said...
Burn me once maybe. burn me twice?
NEVER AGAIN..I DON'T LIKE LIARS!
ANGELA LOBUE

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE MY CHECK IS ALSO I HERD IF YOU HAD FILED YOUR TAXES WITH HR BLOCK THAT YOU WOOD ALSO BE A PART OF THE LAW SUIT AND RECEIVE MONEY OWED TO YOU I GOT A PEICE OF PAPER IN THE MAIL TELLING ME OF THE LAW SUIT AND THAT I WOOD BE GETTING PAID IT DIDNT SAY WHEN OR HOW MUCH IT DID SAY ACCORDING TO HOW MANY PEOPLE FILED THER TAAXES WITH HR BLOCK WILL DEPEND ON HOW MUCHJ MONEY YOU WILL BE GETTING THEY ESTIMATED THAT EVERY ONE SHOULD GET ABOUT 20 DOLLARS APEICE IMANGINE THAT
angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

still haven't got a check do anyone know the mumber or site I can go on to call. please help
cheryl k

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

I never received anything from this suit. I did fill out the paper work for the class action suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 301 - 307 of307
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••