Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against...

Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against Humana Reinstated

There are 8 comments on the Workforce story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against Humana Reinstated. In it, Workforce reports that:

Kathryn Keys' employment was terminated by Humana Inc. in June 2008, citing a 2006 negative performance assessment and ignoring a 2007 favorable performance appraisal, according to the ruling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Workforce.

I experienced the same

Marietta, GA

#1 Jul 9, 2012
I had the same experience in 2008/2009. As an African American director I too experienced a Forced term despite a very favorable review only a few months prior that came with more than a 10% increase in salary.
solidarity

Jensen Beach, FL

#2 Apr 24, 2013
Humana Healthcare is mostly 98% blacks and less than 1 % white. Race is not an issue, unless the person is caucasian. Then a reverse discrimination will progress up to the point that you think you are actually working in an3rd world country in Africa. There is no racial discrimination in Humana, African Americans are the main workers at Humana. If you are abused there, it will be by your same people (African American).
solidarity

Jensen Beach, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2013
In your first day at Humana, you will be bullied by an African American co-worker. The same bully, just bullied several others African American co-workers too the same day. The African American co-workers, will insult and push each other on a daily basis, even to the point of physical aggression on each other. This "monkey business is condone and tolerated. They are actually untouchables. If you are Caucasian, the bully methodology is much more severe toward you. Your mental suffering will get only worse and worse, as the working environment gets worse and worse to your daily detriment. You will finally think that you are living in the movie Planets of the Apes, but you actually realize, that is not a nightmare or a fiction movie, but a reality. That is Humana, South Florida. That is their company culture. There is no racial discrimination in Humana. Only a racial "extreme super freedom" by only one race only wanting dominance over other races. The dominant race here is the African American. Within this fight for dominance, mostly the Jamaicans in Humana are the most dominant.
Humana Climate is Unfair

Desoto, TX

#4 Jul 30, 2013
@ Solidarity your comments are ridiculous and lack merit. That may be true for a certain area of Humana (i.e. customer service) however, the professional degrees positions an leadership positions are held by Caucasians. Lleadership is where the power lies and you clearly have some other issues that go far beyond what this lawsuit entails. If you are anything like your post suggest then I am sure many people (white, black, purple, green) dislike you. So, please don't confuse yourself and think that you are even comparable to what these people have ensured. You have an obvious character flaw that would make the moat docile person "bully" you. I'm sure you are more than deserving. You are an idiot who are in a class all your own. Don't bring decent white people into your whacked out mindset.
solidarity

Jensen Beach, FL

#5 Aug 22, 2013
Humana Climate is Unfair wrote:
@ Solidarity your comments are ridiculous and lack merit. That may be true for a certain area of Humana (i.e. customer service) however, the professional degrees positions an leadership positions are held by Caucasians. Lleadership is where the power lies and you clearly have some other issues that go far beyond what this lawsuit entails. If you are anything like your post suggest then I am sure many people (white, black, purple, green) dislike you. So, please don't confuse yourself and think that you are even comparable to what these people have ensured. You have an obvious character flaw that would make the moat docile person "bully" you. I'm sure you are more than deserving. You are an idiot who are in a class all your own. Don't bring decent white people into your whacked out mindset.
I do not think that you are showing much "decency" in your post. You are clearly contradicting ( as an idiot) yourself by first acknowledging a point I made ("that may be true for a certain area of Humana-i.e customer service", and in your own words) and making assumptions such as ("professional degrees positions and leadership positions are held by Caucasians"). How do you know for certain that this is the truth? How do you know that I am not in the leadership? How do you know that I am not in the professional degrees positions? How do you know I am not decent? Because of that, I think that you just demonstrated that you are the only idiot here. And yes, Humana has "reverse discrimination" (at least that is my experience). You just made a bully and idiot of yourself by not allowing others to express themselves by freely posting their own experiences here. One thing you are correct here is that I am in a class of my own, different of course than your own class. Decency, I have serious doubt of your decency! We have differences of opinions, different class perhaps, of course, by that do not make you less idiot, if not MORE. In addition, of course, you are clearly a BULLY and perhaps a MORON!
Stupid is as stupid does

Riverview, FL

#6 Sep 13, 2013
Couldn't agree more with solidarity. She is 100% on target.
Stupid is as stupid does

Riverview, FL

#7 Sep 13, 2013
Solidarity is 100% correct about what she said. I've been with Humana for a long time, I have a professional degree.
solidarity

Jensen Beach, FL

#8 Sep 27, 2013
Why the surprise? Humana belongs to a certain category of a company. For example, if you compare Macys, Neimann Marcus, Dillards, etc., operationally with other mass merchandise retailers in that same industry, you can not list there Kmart or Sears (they belong to the black sheep list). There is always a "mundane mediocre" group in any industry listing, or the outliers of the group, that are really the left outs, as statistics sciences defines the "outlier". The outlier always performs so badly that is not worth to include it in a normal listing (that is statistical sciences defining the "outlier"- it is something like the outcast or the black sheep of the group). Having said that, Humana belongs to that K-Mart category of the Insurance/Healthcare companies or their black sheep. They earned that classification with the decades by reputation, and of course "it is not" a good one.

Now, what is surprising for some people about Humana? They never survived and performed normally when having nursing homes in the 1980's. They never survived and performed normally when having Hospitals in the 1990's. They survived Humana military contracts in the 2000's, because the military did not even notice the mediocre service. However they lost the military contract too. Now, left only with insurance in the insurance industry, this KMart of insurance company is left on their own playing with the big companies of the big leagues, and of course mediocre and amateur players can not play, compete and survive in the BIG LEAGUES. So, the failure in human resources, business, finance, growth,etc., will always be in the same category (the KMart category). You are left with only your imagination for more..........attention KMart shoppers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 40-Year Sentence Upheld For Drug Dealer Milburn (Jan '09) Jul '17 Notfromaroundhere... 7
News Appeals court ruling opens door to Ohio resumin... Jun '17 Ohio Drama 1
News Ron Paul: The only Patriot Act reform is total ... (May '15) Jun '17 Ron Paul Liberty 11
News Senate acts on Trump pick, promotes judge to ap... May '17 BB Board 1
News Appeals court rules robbery case gets a third s... May '17 Anonymous 2
News Trump Moves to Get More Conservatives on Federa... May '17 Dee Dee Dee 1
News Court says gay couples can sue Kentucky clerk K... May '17 Xstain Mullah Fri... 4
More from around the web