A look at the next steps in Detroit's...

A look at the next steps in Detroit's bankruptcy

There are 73 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Dec 3, 2013, titled A look at the next steps in Detroit's bankruptcy. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

A judge's decision to allow Detroit to fix its finances in bankruptcy court raises a flurry of questions about what happens next.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#1 Dec 3, 2013
DETROIT – the once beautiful and industrious Motor Capitol of the World.

DETROIT – the gang banger Captitol of the Nation.

DETROIT - where the muslim terrorists are taking over with Hussein Obama’s blessing.

DETROIT – corrupt to the bone, ranks only second to Chicago.

.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
to all Patriots.
DaveTV

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Dec 3, 2013
I thought during the election that someone said they would save Detroit?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Dec 3, 2013
DaveTV wrote:
I thought during the election that someone said they would save Detroit?
They were talking about the US auto industry, which is doing fine now thanks to President Obama & the Dems leadership.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Dec 3, 2013
Now if they just void all the city union pensions Detroit will be solvent again.
de vinci coke

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#7 Dec 3, 2013
does any one see Pat Obamarine Dr. Obama cheerliter?!!;)
de vinci coke

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#8 Dec 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Now if they just void all the city union pensions Detroit will be solvent again.
does FORD motor in Dearborn not Detroit, MI??;)
Mike

Tampa, FL

#9 Dec 3, 2013
This is what years of Democratic leadership gets you.

...and the clueless will re-elect them year after year....

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#10 Dec 3, 2013
The first thing Detroit needs to do now is provide for a significant increase for all government employee salaries and pensions. Without higher paid union teachers and bureaucrats, the plan is destined for failure.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Dec 3, 2013
Mike wrote:
This is what years of Democratic leadership gets you.
...and the clueless will re-elect them year after year....
This is also what it looks like when brown people are given a city and left to their own devices.

Any questions?
Pierre

Schenectady, NY

#13 Dec 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also what it looks like when brown people are given a city and left to their own devices.
Any questions?
Expensive union wages,cheap made,shit quality autos, lousy ineffective government made Detroit what it is today.
The truth is the brown people were handed a turd when all was done.
Brown people don't know how to shine a turd any more than white people or anyone else for that matter!
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#14 Dec 4, 2013
And again the workers and common people will get screwed. I am sure a back door deal will be made to make sure the rich people and banks get there money.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Dec 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also what it looks like when brown people are given a city and left to their own devices.
Any questions?
Yes, why are you a racist?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Dec 4, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
And again the workers and common people will get screwed. I am sure a back door deal will be made to make sure the rich people and banks get there money.
It was the unions which bankrupted Detroit.

Million dollar pensions for every city employee is simply not sustainable.

Many more cities will end up in bankruptcy if they don't drastically cut pensions & benefits.

Time to pay the piper...
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Dec 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, why are you a racist?
It's not 'racist' if it's the truth.

Why can't you admit or see the truth when it's right in front of you?
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Dec 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the unions which bankrupted Detroit.
Million dollar pensions for every city employee is simply not sustainable.
Many more cities will end up in bankruptcy if they don't drastically cut pensions & benefits.
Time to pay the piper...
How could it be the wonderful unions that you libs love so much, who also got obastard immaculated, who only have the workers best interests at heart.

Detroit is a glaring example of what a welfare state looks like, complete with the brown parasites that are all takers and no makers.

This is what obama bin lyin' wants america to look like.

TAKE A GOOD LOOK PEOPLE!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Dec 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not 'racist' if it's the truth.
Why can't you admit or see the truth when it's right in front of you?
Actually it IS racist no matter how you attempt to spin it.

If you're going to be a bigot, at least have the guts to be a proud bigot.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Dec 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
How could it be the wonderful unions that you libs love so much, who also got obastard immaculated, who only have the workers best interests at heart.
Detroit is a glaring example of what a welfare state looks like, complete with the brown parasites that are all takers and no makers.
This is what obama bin lyin' wants america to look like.
TAKE A GOOD LOOK PEOPLE!
And that's what a racist post looks like...

Btw, what's good financially for the workers isn't necessarily good for the company or the city's finances.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#21 Dec 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the unions which bankrupted Detroit.
Million dollar pensions for every city employee is simply not sustainable.
Many more cities will end up in bankruptcy if they don't drastically cut pensions & benefits.
Time to pay the piper...
On most post you sound like sane good person. On this one you sound like a for the rich only rethug...Why?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Dec 4, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
On most post you sound like sane good person. On this one you sound like a for the rich only rethug...Why?
What can I say, I'm a complicated guy.

Union pensions & benefits drove GM & Chyrsler into bankruptcy, and nearly took down Ford as well.

Now they've done the same to Detroit.

It's not a rich v poor thing; it's simple finances. No company or city can survive while promising billions in unfunded pensions & benefits.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#23 Dec 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
What can I say, I'm a complicated guy.
Union pensions & benefits drove GM & Chyrsler into bankruptcy, and nearly took down Ford as well.
Now they've done the same to Detroit.
It's not a rich v poor thing; it's simple finances. No company or city can survive while promising billions in unfunded pensions & benefits.
Greed of the top 20% wage earners and evil out sourcing did that. Just some fact for you.

When GM came to the government with hand out for bail out the top 30 wage earners at GM made more then all union workers combined. THAT WAS AND STILL IS THE PROBLEM IN USA....

We have a top heavy nation the rich have to much and don't TRICKLE it down enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kwame Kilpatrick pleads not guilty in rambling ... Jul 8 Sleeper 1
News Railroad Not Liable for Disgusting Bathroom, Tr... May '16 Half It All 2
News Tea party activists hail federal appeals court ... Apr '16 Paris 3
News St. Paul Vice Cop Reprimanded By Federal Judge Mar '16 ambientbake 1
News High court rejects farmer who tangled with Tyson (Jan '11) Jan '16 Swedenforever 8
News Attorneys: Cleveland dodging payment on $19M in... (Jan '16) Jan '16 skinner 2
News Dearborn Anti-Islam Protesters' Free Speech Rig... (Nov '15) Nov '15 News 1
More from around the web