Firing over creationism e-mail leads ...

Firing over creationism e-mail leads to appeal

There are 4 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Firing over creationism e-mail leads to appeal. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The former director of the science program for Texas' public schools asked a federal appeals court Monday to revive a lawsuit over her firing for forwarding an e-mail about a forum opposed to teaching creationism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

The Accountant

United States

#1 Apr 26, 2010
How did the intelligent designer evolve?
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Dec 23, 2010
December 17, 2010
Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism
Belief in evolutionary origins of humans slowly rising, however
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Four in 10 Americans, slightly fewer today than in years past, believe God created humans in their present form about 10,000 years ago. Thirty-eight percent believe God guided a process by which humans developed over millions of years from less advanced life forms, while 16%, up slightly from years past, believe humans developed over millions of years, without God's involvement.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/145286/Four-Americ...

So how did the universe get her if God didn't create it? What are the statistical chances of the universe being formed 16 billion years ago, our solar system being perfect for the formation of evolutionary life, the right soup of cells just happening to occur, getting together just right [temperature, pH, light, etc.] and evolving to human beings in just 16 billion years?
Basket Case

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Dec 23, 2010
I think that creationism and evolution can co-exist as a valid origin. Science and Faith do not have to be at war with each other. Our humanity cannot possibly understand all that God has created or HOW He created us. Nor will we ever be able to fully explain how we got here without some sort of evolution, because the evidence is there. What if there were homosapiens evolving, but it wasn't until God brought us to the point where we were able to reason and love, and that's when he gave us our humanity. Our physical beings were far ahead of our spiritual beings. Just a thought. I don't claim to know more than anyone else. But I do think that all will be revealed when we die. There's nothing we crave more than answers, and nothing we can handle less.
Peralta de Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Dec 23, 2010
Basket Case wrote:
I think that creationism and evolution can co-exist as a valid origin. Science and Faith do not have to be at war with each other. Our humanity cannot possibly understand all that God has created or HOW He created us. Nor will we ever be able to fully explain how we got here without some sort of evolution, because the evidence is there. What if there were homosapiens evolving, but it wasn't until God brought us to the point where we were able to reason and love, and that's when he gave us our humanity. Our physical beings were far ahead of our spiritual beings. Just a thought. I don't claim to know more than anyone else. But I do think that all will be revealed when we die. There's nothing we crave more than answers, and nothing we can handle less.
What evidence? Just asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wal-Mart takes Texas to court to crack liquor-s... Sat Stephany McDowell 3
News Mississippi gay marriage law remains blocked du... Aug 13 Sick of Bigots an... 6
News As election nears, right to vote scores key cou... Aug 11 Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Courts strike blows to GOP voter restrictions i... Jul 31 reality 23
News Texas Democrats Do a Two-Step Over Voting Right... Jul '16 Captain Yesterday 1
News Federal appeals court orders changes to Texas v... Jul '16 Captain Yesterday 3
News Mississippi district appeals order in desegrega... Jul '16 WeTheSheeple 1
More from around the web