Damages cap issue not gone for good

Damages cap issue not gone for good

There are 1 comment on the Mississippi Business Journal story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Damages cap issue not gone for good. In it, Mississippi Business Journal reports that:

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals about a year and a half ago asked the Mississippi Supreme Court to decide if the state's cap on noneconomic damages was constitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mississippi Business Journal.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#1 Sep 3, 2012
Lets see, the Supreme Court has said that money = speach and cannot be restricted. Corporations, and unions, can spend what ever they want.

But juries cannot tell a corporation they were bad with a loud and clear statement by the ammount that company needs to pay.

Sounds like companies want to resrict the free speech rights of juries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi gay marriage law remains blocked du... Aug 13 Sick of Bigots an... 6
News As election nears, right to vote scores key cou... Aug 11 Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Courts strike blows to GOP voter restrictions i... Jul 31 reality 23
News Texas Democrats Do a Two-Step Over Voting Right... Jul 25 Captain Yesterday 1
News Federal appeals court orders changes to Texas v... Jul '16 Captain Yesterday 3
News Mississippi district appeals order in desegrega... Jul '16 WeTheSheeple 1
News More than 70% of Texas prisons don't have air-c... Jul '16 Ben Ghazi 1
More from around the web