Why Republicans should embrace gay ma...

Why Republicans should embrace gay marriage victory

There are 7 comments on the thehill.com story from Jan 4, 2013, titled Why Republicans should embrace gay marriage victory. In it, thehill.com reports that:

Last month the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari on a pair of cases concerning the latest struggle for equality: gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thehill.com.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Because over 70% of those under age 40 support marriage equality, and they will become the majority of voters over the next decade!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Important. Read this one CLOSELY.
Ray

Newport, OR

#3 Jan 4, 2013
What's the point in gaining the whole world if you lose your soul? Which is what Republicans would be doing if they supported gays "marrying".

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Ray wrote:
What's the point in gaining the whole world if you lose your soul? Which is what Republicans would be doing if they supported gays "marrying".
Please, would you tell me how you think you'll lose your soul for allowing equality?
Agador Spartacus

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jan 5, 2013
The GOP base are southern Christian conservatives who are as much hypocrites as they are backwards, the GOP can't embrace gay marriage with such a base.

Hate is the unifying factor in the southern republican party and that is not going to change.

NY and few other states have republicans on board for equality and same rights for all citizens but again the south is a different "country" and in that country dwells the majority of GOP voters.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Ray wrote:
Supporting taxpayers, marriage, families, and children is "losing your soul"?

What an odd concept.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 Jan 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
Important. Read this one CLOSELY.
It's very interesting, and I think that a few on the right are already listening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Second Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg: 8 is not a good number Jun 4 WeTheSheeple 44
News Assault weapon bans should stand May 27 okimar 884
News Supreme Court rejects challenge to Google's onl... Apr '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Staff slipups on patient privacy can get doctor... Apr '16 Sheri Ann 1
News Agent Orange hearing (Jun '07) Apr '16 retiredmp 98
News Court: Arabs and Muslim detainees can sue Bush-... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Appeals court: Fantasizing about violence is no... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Your Ex 1
More from around the web