Starbucks, Google, CBS, Nike urge gay...

Starbucks, Google, CBS, Nike urge gay marriage recognition

There are 72 comments on the www.bpnews.net story from Nov 11, 2011, titled Starbucks, Google, CBS, Nike urge gay marriage recognition. In it, www.bpnews.net reports that:

Some of the nation's top companies such as Google, CBS, Starbucks and Nike have joined forces in a legal brief asking a federal court to force the federal government to recognize gay "marriage." The friend-of-the-court brief asks the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold a 2010 lower court ruling that struck down part of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. In that ruling, Judge Joseph L. Tauro said the federal government must recognize gay "marriages" from such states as Massachusetts, Vermont and the other four states where it's legal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bpnews.net.

Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#42 Nov 12, 2011
Lierz fer Jeebus Inc wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Cletus, git ur hom skool teechur to hewlp u unnnerstan wut I sayed:
"At this point you fundie freeeks will have to boycott educated people and education.
"Lots o luck, you mouth breathing, banjo strumming, gap toothed moron."
Thanks for such a nice complament.

I guess this is why gays are so misunderstood.

“Devoted & Happily In Love”

Since: Oct 11

Tazewell

#43 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for such a nice complament.
I think you meant "compliment". You have to remember now...just because you may pronounce it as "complament" doesn't mean it's spelled that way.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!
I'm no 'bigot' you damm fruit cup!
I suggest looking up the meaning of bigot, in a dictionary, you do know what that is don't you and then reread your original post. Don't bother telling us what you find out because idiots like you are not welcome here, keep your disgusting behavior in your own home and your putrid church. I just hope you do not have any children and if you do I really hope they are smart enough to see what a stupid sorry excuse for a human you are and have nothing to do with you.
Pont Nuff

Philadelphia, PA

#45 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for such a nice complament [sic].
Expect more of the same, talibangelical filth.

Hint: About 98% of the Fortune 500 now has pro glbt personnel policies. Meanwhile, your kin eat bark and opossum for a living.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#46 Nov 12, 2011
Bryan Loves Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant "compliment". You have to remember now...just because you may pronounce it as "complament" doesn't mean it's spelled that way.
ok.but I do like your Avatar.
You two make a qute couple....[Rolling my eyes]
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#47 Nov 12, 2011
Pont Nuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Expect more of the same, talibangelical filth.
Hint: About 98% of the Fortune 500 now has pro glbt personnel policies. Meanwhile, your kin eat bark and opossum for a living.
If it works on Wall Street with rats,what's the differnce?

And what is a 'talibangelical?'
Snickers

Grove City, PA

#49 Nov 12, 2011
With the economy in the toilet and businesses suffering all over the world, I suspect these misguided companies think they can get a little gay business with this move. They apparently have bought into the inflated numbers offered by the gay community to describe the gay population. It is going to fall flat. The only trouble with that is the convenience of them blaming the bad economy when this damages their businesses, and nobody will pinpoint that these businesses screwed themselves with this move.
As for us all being deprived by not supporting these businesses, don't worry about it. Remember, the economy is bad. And these are high end businesses. Very good alternatives not only already exist; they are more attractive and viable. It is depressing to know, though, just how desperate businesses are today. And I feel bad for still more jobs lost as a result of these shenanigans.

Tazewell

#50 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>ok.but I do like your Avatar.
You two make a qute couple....[Rolling my eyes]
I must correct you again. Cute is not spelled with a Q. WOW, did you fail kindergarten? A word so simple, yet you went a screwed that up as well. I could understand if you accidentally pressed the wrong letter key, but "C" is at the bottom between "X and "V"; "Q" is up top with "W". So, you just proved again that just because it sounds like it's pronounced with a "Q" doesn't mean it's spelled with a "Q".
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#51 Nov 12, 2011
Bryan Loves Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
I must correct you again. Cute is not spelled with a Q. WOW, did you fail kindergarten? A word so simple, yet you went a screwed that up as well. I could understand if you accidentally pressed the wrong letter key, but "C" is at the bottom between "X and "V"; "Q" is up top with "W". So, you just proved again that just because it sounds like it's pronounced with a "Q" doesn't mean it's spelled with a "Q".
No no. You don't get it.
The "Q" is for 'Queen' or a 'dandy' as in your case.

Tazewell

#52 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>No no. You don't get it.
The "Q" is for 'Queen' or a 'dandy' as in your case.
So you think Queens are cute? And thank you for comparing me to a dandy. Do you even know what the word 'dandy' means? If not, this is what you just called me: And thanks for calling me a dandy- A dandy is a man unduly devoted to his appearance; a dandy has style, neatness and fashion.

But, again Jumper, the word "dandy" begins with the letter "D", not a "Q".
Schlafly s Closet Son

Philadelphia, PA

#53 Nov 12, 2011
Snickers wrote:
With the economy in the toilet and businesses suffering all over the world, I suspect these misguided companies think they can get a little gay business with this move.
You think that because you're an insulated, bigoted moron.

These companies are worried they cannot attract and retain highly educated employees (i.e., non homophobes,) in buybull belt or otherwise backwards locales.
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#54 Nov 12, 2011
Bryan Loves Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think Queens are cute? And thank you for comparing me to a dandy. Do you even know what the word 'dandy' means? If not, this is what you just called me: And thanks for calling me a dandy- A dandy is a man unduly devoted to his appearance; a dandy has style, neatness and fashion.
But, again Jumper, the word "dandy" begins with the letter "D", not a "Q".
Yes I did complament you.

Say what you will,but the gays are the best damm hair dressers and house keepers in the world.
You are a clean and industrous people.
Schlafly s Closet Son

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>You are a clean and industrous people.
Coming from an ill washed, toothless product of incest I am not sure your compliment means all that much, Cletus.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#56 Nov 12, 2011
You just keep thinking that way.

But be careful and schedule any weddings for anyone you might know ASAP cause we're going to the chapel and we're going to get married. Who cares if the states don't recognize our marriage, if the federal government does that's all that matters to most of us.

The states don't offer much benefit for marriage but even if their state laws don't apply to us there are very few laws that would have any impact on a married Gay couple in any state. Perhaps a bit of estate planning but we already know how to do than in any event.

Other issues will be dealt with in the courts. Even if we have to flood the state court systems. You'll foot the bill for that in any event.
Snickers wrote:
With the economy in the toilet and businesses suffering all over the world, I suspect these misguided companies think they can get a little gay business with this move. They apparently have bought into the inflated numbers offered by the gay community to describe the gay population. It is going to fall flat. The only trouble with that is the convenience of them blaming the bad economy when this damages their businesses, and nobody will pinpoint that these businesses screwed themselves with this move.
As for us all being deprived by not supporting these businesses, don't worry about it. Remember, the economy is bad. And these are high end businesses. Very good alternatives not only already exist; they are more attractive and viable. It is depressing to know, though, just how desperate businesses are today. And I feel bad for still more jobs lost as a result of these shenanigans.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#57 Nov 13, 2011
Investor Man wrote:
How much money did these companies give to the pervert-pedophile baby-raping operation run by Penn-Pedo State?
A lot.
Homosexuals may whine about how much they have a right to touch children sexually and will probably get corporate sponsorship advocating that adult homosexuals should be able to have sex with children and not go to jail, but it's not at all clear that will be helpful in maximizing profits to the share-holders.
Companies with a "culture" affiliated with homosexuals are exposing themselves to significant legal liability.
How long have libel and bearing false witness been a habit for for you?

Is your conscience really that cauterized ?
Jumper

Morgantown, KY

#59 Nov 13, 2011
Schlafly s Closet Son wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from an ill washed, toothless product of incest I am not sure your compliment means all that much, Cletus.
Well it means a lot to me.
And that's the most importaint thing of all.
Santorum s Mangina Lint

Philadelphia, PA

#60 Nov 13, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Well it means a lot to me.
And that's the most importaint thing of all.
You're an ignorant, American mullah who lies and defames fer jeebus for ten hours a day.

We know what's important to you, Cletus.
skywatcher

Toledo, OH

#61 Nov 13, 2011
Thanks for their acknowledgement, now I can Put them on a list to boycott!
Santorum s Mangina Lint

Philadelphia, PA

#63 Nov 13, 2011
Freebird wrote:
More companies to avoid now. Disgusting.
The entire Fortune 500 has pro glbt personnel policies, with the exception of Exxon and about one or two other companies, you rube. And the most progressive, as we see here, need to attract and retain the best employees, i.e., not fundie trailer trash.

Start making your own clothes from dental floss and eating bark if you can't abide secular, democratic, capitalistic society. There's little place left int he economy for cretinous, Murican mullahs.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#64 Nov 13, 2011
skywatcher wrote:
Thanks for their acknowledgement, now I can Put them on a list to boycott!
Please start by turning off you computer which is most likely running on Microsoft windows and using Internet Explorer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Finding No Injury, First Circuit Tosses Decepti... Aug 19 raphanperv 1
News Appeals court orders billionaire to open beach ... Aug 11 anonymous 1
News Court: Legal to Kick Out Black RoommateBy Katie... Mar '17 Oh No You Di-nt 3
News Justin Timberlake's ballot selfie highlights mi... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Hostis Publicus 3
News Ballot selfies: A look at where they are allowe... (Oct '16) Oct '16 andet1987 18
News Ballot selfies: A look at where they are allowe... (Oct '16) Oct '16 In Got We Trust 1
News Lowell woman survived abuse and endured jail, b... (Jan '16) Jan '16 wild child 1
More from around the web