Starbucks, Google, CBS, Nike urge gay marriage recognition

Nov 11, 2011 Full story: www.bpnews.net 72

Some of the nation's top companies such as Google, CBS, Starbucks and Nike have joined forces in a legal brief asking a federal court to force the federal government to recognize gay "marriage." The friend-of-the-court brief asks the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold a 2010 lower court ruling that struck down part of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. In that ruling, Judge Joseph L. Tauro said the federal government must recognize gay "marriages" from such states as Massachusetts, Vermont and the other four states where it's legal.

Full Story
SirAndrew

Kailua, HI

#22 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
Well,a boycot is in order if they cave in to the demands of these perverts.
One can only hope you and your fellow travelers DO boycott these companies. In the past, every company you people have boycotted for their gay stance has seen a significant increase in their sales and profits. I am particularly grateful for the souther baptist of Disney World. I hold a significant amount of Disney stock in my portfolio and that boycott caused their profit to jump 5%. Five percent doesn't sound like a lot until you look at what it was five percent of. That was a hefty addition to my savings.

Could you also find a way to boycott Apple and Coke? I'm counting the extra money already.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Nov 12, 2011
To Curteese and others here, thank you. There is no point anymore to attempting dialogue with the anti-gay; they are obsessed and they will not shut up.

Let them boycott ALL of these businesses; they WILL NOT be able to function in modern society without severe hardship if they attempt to do so. Let them. Let them. Enough is enough. They're amoral filth with big mouths who cannot shut the fuck up. They HAVE NO moral code, none. If anyone is stupid enough to listen to anything they have to say about how one should live one's life, then you're an utter, laughable idiot and you deserve everything you get. Absolutely nothing these people say will even *come near touching* what I call a set of normal, caring, compassionate moral values which include gay people like they include everyone else, end of discussion. End of discussion.

And that one loser who talks about the "illegality" of homosexuality, please, everyone is TAUNTING and DARING you to PLEASE, PLEASE go start a court case. We WANT you to. We'd LOVE to see it because we're betting you are exponentially too stupid to realize how much you will help the gay cause. Please, go find an attorney and say EVERYTHING you have said here in a courtroom. We would ADORE, LOVE, absolutely JUMP FOR JOY to see it.

Show that you have a backbone and a pair of goddamn nuts and go start that court case somewhere. NO ONE is stopping you. Not one soul is stopping you. Go tell a judge all of that and see what happens.

I cannot encourage you enough.

Although I think it speaks volumes that you wouldn't dare attempt it and that any attorney you approached would be risking loss of their license.

Go do it, I wanna watch you do it and I wanna watch you make the news.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#24 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Ok primate
I am a primate. As are all other humans.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#25 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
Well,a boycot is in order if they cave in to the demands of these perverts.
What we really need is a boycott of all Christian Churches where the Con-artist preaches hate and bigotry to all the pew warmers like youself. I hope someone burns your church to the ground.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#26 Nov 12, 2011
Investor Man wrote:
<quoted text>From a financial, PR, and investment stand-point, I'm inclined to agree. Companies and institutions that seem to care more celebrating and covering-up deviant and criminal sexual activity rather than core responsibilities to maximize revenue are poor and failing institutions indeed.
It is time to tax the churches. The 2nd admendment recognizes a seperation of church and state so what the hell is the government playing favorites to one business, the church, over any other?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#27 Nov 12, 2011
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying! About everything!
He can't help it he is a pew-warmer after all. Can you tell any difference between what comes out of his mouth and what we know comes out of his ass? I can't. It is all the same to me.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#28 Nov 12, 2011
hi hi wrote:
To Curteese and others here, thank you. There is no point anymore to attempting dialogue with the anti-gay; they are obsessed and they will not shut up.
Which is why we need managed groups so a manager can delete all of their posts. But then if that happened, while we would no longer have to suffer their endless drivel, about 75% of today's posts seem to be replies to these delusional idiots. Do we encourage them at the same time we tell them how delusional and stupid they are?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#29 Nov 12, 2011
70+ major companies.
100+ Congressmen
The DOJ

All these add up to a major victory in the 1st circuit overturning DOMA, but we have to be patient and wait till 2012/2013.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#30 Nov 12, 2011
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Almost every computer company is gay friendly, are you going to stop using your computer? Oh, PLEASE, please boycott your computer. Then we won't have to read your nonsense anymore.
Come on, big mouth, tell us what kind of computer you have and then I will look it up and see if they are gay friendly or not, and in the likely event they ARE, then you must follow through and STOP using your computer. So, come on, big shot. One or two words is all we need. "Hewlett Packard", "Apple," "Sony," which computer are you using?
A friend's computer.
Not involved in promoting softwhere.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#31 Nov 12, 2011
Jalene in the wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Boycott away no one will notice. The majority of U.S. business support LGBT people. Businesses found out in a hurry what happens when they act like bigots like you. So have fun with your boycotting to bad you won't be able to let us know how its going because most likely the computer you use and your IP our both LGBT friendly.
Hey!
I'm no 'bigot' you damm fruit cup!
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#32 Nov 12, 2011
SirAndrew wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only hope you and your fellow travelers DO boycott these companies. In the past, every company you people have boycotted for their gay stance has seen a significant increase in their sales and profits. I am particularly grateful for the souther baptist of Disney World. I hold a significant amount of Disney stock in my portfolio and that boycott caused their profit to jump 5%. Five percent doesn't sound like a lot until you look at what it was five percent of. That was a hefty addition to my savings.
Could you also find a way to boycott Apple and Coke? I'm counting the extra money already.
Well all I'm saying is what those Wall Street protesters are saying on the tv.

Don't you go along with freedom of speech and gay stuff like that?
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#33 Nov 12, 2011
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a primate. As are all other humans.
But you called ME some kind of 'crabb' that sucks dude.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#34 Nov 12, 2011
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What we really need is a boycott of all Christian Churches where the Con-artist preaches hate and bigotry to all the pew warmers like youself. I hope someone burns your church to the ground.
That's in poor taste

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#35 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>A friend's computer.
Then you are using someone ELSE's gay friendly company's computer, hypocrite.

If you are true to your words, then boycott all computers.

Palm Springs, California

#36 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!
I'm no 'bigot' you damm fruit cup!
"I'm no bigot, you damn "FRUIT CUP"? Oh, no, that not bigot speak at all. You're tolerant and accepting.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#37 Nov 12, 2011
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>"I'm no bigot, you damn "FRUIT CUP"? Oh, no, that not bigot speak at all. You're tolerant and accepting.
Come on! this is going to far!

Don't you know friendly 'banter' when you hear it?

You know,like when you see an old pal or something and you slap him on the back and say "What's up fat head!"

It's all in good fellowship.

“Devoted & Happily In Love”

Since: Oct 11

Tazewell

#38 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Come on! this is going to far!
You know,like when you see an old pal or something and you slap him on the back and say "What's up fat head!"
LOL, if someone called me a "fat head" I'd probably punch them square in the face and say, "Not much, knuckle face."
Duped no more

Lewes, DE

#39 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>A friend's computer.
Kind of like when an Amish person borrows their neighbor's car.

Palm Springs, California

#40 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Come on! this is going to far!
All right???

If you are truly trying to be friendly and cool, then bring it on. I am more than willing to meet someone half way, no matter what his or her view point or conservative point of view, for that is the point of conversation back and forth, but if you are just messing with us, then knock it off. There are too many who log on here merely to hurl their monkey poop and just love to taunt for no reason.

I've befriended very conservative folk on here before, even Honest Abel and I have a mutual respect, but don't play me. I can turn vicious at the drop of a hat.
Lierz fer Jeebus Inc

Bethlehem, PA

#41 Nov 12, 2011
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Da' what?
Hey Cletus, git ur hom skool teechur to hewlp u unnnerstan wut I sayed:

"At this point you fundie freeeks will have to boycott educated people and education.

"Lots o luck, you mouth breathing, banjo strumming, gap toothed moron."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Circuit Court of Appeals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court rejects taxpayer-funded sex change for mu... Dec 17 Sterkfontein Swar... 4
US federal appeals court overturns ruling grant... Dec 17 WeTheSheeple 1
US to release memo justifying drone strikes (May '14) Dec 15 El oh El 4
Jehovah's Witnesses Win Community Access Case Nov 26 jace 20
UPDATE 2-Goldman Sachs defeats appeal over coll... Nov '14 Philip Cohen 1
Prison officials: Inmate doesn't need sex change (May '14) May '14 SirPrize 8
Prison officials: Inmate doesn't need sex change (May '14) May '14 Bama Yankee 1
More from around the web