Starbucks, Google, CBS, Nike urge gay marriage recognition

Nov 11, 2011 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: www.bpnews.net

Some of the nation's top companies such as Google, CBS, Starbucks and Nike have joined forces in a legal brief asking a federal court to force the federal government to recognize gay "marriage." The friend-of-the-court brief asks the U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold a 2010 lower court ruling that struck down part of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act. In that ruling, Judge Joseph L. Tauro said the federal government must recognize gay "marriages" from such states as Massachusetts, Vermont and the other four states where it's legal.

Comments
1 - 20 of 72 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Is that so?

Well,a boycot is in order if they cave in to the demands of these perverts.

Since: Jan 10

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
All total, 70 businesses, cities, law firms, trade and professional firms signed the brief. You’re going to have to do a lot of boycotting to support you bigoted narrow viewpoint. I doubt you have the perseverance to put your money where your mouth is.
Silly baptists

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Wow, did you read the article? It's from the "baptist press," and boy oh boy, are their bigotries showing! Talk about a one-sided article.

The author repeats all the anti-gay themes from the House's brief supporting DOMA - with nary a mention of how others have resoundingly and repeatedly demolished those arguments.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
All total, 70 businesses, cities, law firms, trade and professional firms signed the brief. You’re going to have to do a lot of boycotting to support you bigoted narrow viewpoint. I doubt you have the perseverance to put your money where your mouth is.
well loan me some money and I'll show you.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Not going to happen.

Gays win by default. YEA!!!!!
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>well loan me some money and I'll show you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Not exactly the whole Fortune or S&P 500, but it's a start.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Hoo, Boy! More businesses that the Fundies have to boycott! Of course, they are too fucking stingy to ever buy Starbucks (the probably drink Folger's) or buy Nike (their sneakers come from WalMart), but now they won't be able to use Google or watch CBS.

Soon there will no longer be any scripturally correct businesses. So along with homeschooling their retarded little brats, they will have to grow all their own food, build their houses from scratch from wood they get themselves, forgo telecommunications and electricity, and make their own clothes. Since they are all so fond of living in the Dark Ages, this should be right up their alley.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
See my comment below. Enjoy life in your hut, troglodyte.
Investor Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

How much money did these companies give to the pervert-pedophile baby-raping operation run by Penn-Pedo State?
A lot.
Homosexuals may whine about how much they have a right to touch children sexually and will probably get corporate sponsorship advocating that adult homosexuals should be able to have sex with children and not go to jail, but it's not at all clear that will be helpful in maximizing profits to the share-holders.
Companies with a "culture" affiliated with homosexuals are exposing themselves to significant legal liability.
Investor Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
From a financial, PR, and investment stand-point, I'm inclined to agree. Companies and institutions that seem to care more celebrating and covering-up deviant and criminal sexual activity rather than core responsibilities to maximize revenue are poor and failing institutions indeed.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Well I like Google and Nike.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Investor Man wrote:
How much money did these companies give to the pervert-pedophile baby-raping operation run by Penn-Pedo State?
A lot.
Homosexuals may whine about how much they have a right to touch children sexually and will probably get corporate sponsorship advocating that adult homosexuals should be able to have sex with children and not go to jail, but it's not at all clear that will be helpful in maximizing profits to the share-holders.
Companies with a "culture" affiliated with homosexuals are exposing themselves to significant legal liability.
You are lying! About everything!
Perry s Mental Fissure

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
Well,a boycot is in order....
At this point you fundie freeeks will have to boycott educated people and education.

Lots o luck, you mouth breathing, banjo strumming, gap toothed moron.
Duped no more

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Investor Man wrote:
(much trash deleted)
Good luck with that. Seems that every time the people and organizations that are opposed to any recognition of gay people get into a courtroom, their support dries up. They are unable to make a case in a court of law. Fox "news" and any number of anti-gay organizations can air 30-second spots on TV saying all kinds of untrue things and they get away with it. It's a little different in a courtroom when witnesses are sworn to tell the truth and can be cross-examined.

Maybe, just maybe, because there is no credible evidence to support their bigotry.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

TomInElPaso wrote:
Not going to happen.
Gays win by default. YEA!!!!!
<quoted text>
sounds more like they are tightwadds.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
See my comment below. Enjoy life in your hut, troglodyte.
Ok primate
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Perry s Mental Fissure wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point you fundie freeeks will have to boycott educated people and education.
Lots o luck, you mouth breathing, banjo strumming, gap toothed moron.
Da' what?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
Almost every computer company is gay friendly, are you going to stop using your computer? Oh, PLEASE, please boycott your computer. Then we won't have to read your nonsense anymore.

Come on, big mouth, tell us what kind of computer you have and then I will look it up and see if they are gay friendly or not, and in the likely event they ARE, then you must follow through and STOP using your computer. So, come on, big shot. One or two words is all we need. "Hewlett Packard", "Apple," "Sony," which computer are you using?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
Is that so?
Boycott away no one will notice. The majority of U.S. business support LGBT people. Businesses found out in a hurry what happens when they act like bigots like you. So have fun with your boycotting to bad you won't be able to let us know how its going because most likely the computer you use and your IP our both LGBT friendly.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

Investor Man wrote:
A lot.
Why is it that you trolls are the only ones who ever talk about sex on this gay/lesbian forum? Now explain to us how companies that support equality for all citizens will lead to significant legal liability. Not in your own words but I want to see some legal research that proves your statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••