Deflation, inflation and the U.S. Fed

Deflation, inflation and the U.S. Fed

There are 2 comments on the WYVN-FM Holland story from Sep 26, 2010, titled Deflation, inflation and the U.S. Fed. In it, WYVN-FM Holland reports that:

One day after the Federal Reserve got investors thinking about uncomfortably low inflation, Starbucks announced it was raising prices on some of its coffee drinks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYVN-FM Holland.

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#1 Sep 27, 2010
<<Then again, if people pay more for their Starbucks and beer and start thinking all prices are heading higher, expectations may edge up, which wouldn't be all that terrible for a central bank worried about ultra-low inflation.>>

So who are the winners in THIS game? Sure doesn't sound like the consumer. While unemployment stays high and wages stay stagnant, prices go up so more of the consumer's earnings are sucked away.

It would be a cold day in Hell before I'd spend 4.00 on a cup of coffee and Starbuck's would have gone bankrupt years ago if they'd been waiting on me to buy their overpriced products, but for those people with more money than brains where is your limit?
ZIONIST SCOURGE

Bradenton, FL

#2 Sep 27, 2010
The economy would do very well ---- if not for the ZIONIST BANKSTERS and the OFF HEBES ....... ABRAMOFF / MADOFF / CHERTOFF and the Zionist Fifth Column that owns John Boehner and the GOP - ISRAELI POODLES ......... Never forget the cowardly Israeli attacks on the USS LIBERTY , WTC , Lavon Affair and the current zionist assault on WALL ST ......... GOLDMAN SACHS / AIG / RAPHAN ACOUSTICS and PERMINDEX are Israeli stooges .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federal Reserve Bank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Q&A with John C. Williams, president and CEO of... (Oct '14) Jan '17 oday 17
News Let's cut our national debt, today (May '15) Jul '15 steve 3
News The Fed: Without follow-up, Yellen's warning wa... (May '15) May '15 truthmongerdotinfo 1
News Bernanke rejects charge of Fed a throwing senio... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Liberty 1
News Bidding war for old Federal Reserve building in... (Jan '15) Jan '15 jeffry 1
News What The 2014 Midterm Election Results Mean For... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Andarz Abedini 3
News Federal Reserve Bank in Richmond marks milestone (Nov '14) Nov '14 rogercrouch777 1
More from around the web