Massive Egg Recall Expanded To Include Oklahoma

There are 16 comments on the Aug 20, 2010, News on 6 Tulsa story titled Massive Egg Recall Expanded To Include Oklahoma. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A nationwide egg recall following an outbreak of salmonella has now been extended to Oklahoma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

tweede

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2010
what about BEST CHOICE eggs, are they in the recall ?
Ewww

Owasso, OK

#3 Aug 20, 2010
I went to ihop wed in owasso and am so sick ... i had my eggs overeasy there.. i am going to the doctor today to see if that is what it is :(
Ambrosia918

Tulsa, OK

#4 Aug 20, 2010
This is so scary that food has to get contaminated and even things you don;t think of brocolli, tomatoes green onions......I hate this I have not eaten eggs in a few years and almost bought some the other day!
Lookathim

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 20, 2010
I just bought some eggs a few days ago and the brand I bought is not on the list but I'm not taking any chances I'm going to take them back!!

I would suggest everybody stop eating eggs untill they get this taken care of.
beezlbub

Tulsa, OK

#6 Aug 20, 2010
tweede wrote:
what about BEST CHOICE eggs, are they in the recall ?
Not sure but it seems anything at the grocery store with BEST CHOICE as the brand actually isn't
Ewww

Owasso, OK

#7 Aug 20, 2010
Back from the doc.. got two bags of fluid through an iv... morphine bc of the stomach aches... 2 shots in the butt one for cramping and one for nausea... i am on an antibiotic ciproflaxin i guess kills salmonella... then i have meds for nasuea and cramping...and they also did blood work to verfy stuff i guess.. i called ihop they are suppose to have the general manager call me back...:( Just glad i will feel better soon!
Joe Cool

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 20, 2010
Ewww wrote:
Back from the doc.. got two bags of fluid through an iv... morphine bc of the stomach aches... 2 shots in the **** one for cramping and one for nausea... i am on an antibiotic ciproflaxin i guess kills salmonella... then i have meds for nasuea and cramping...and they also did blood work to verfy stuff i guess.. i called ihop they are suppose to have the general manager call me back...:( Just glad i will feel better soon!
So sorry to hear you are that sick...good thing you went to the doctor.
Tulsan

Tulsa, OK

#9 Aug 20, 2010
I don't recall seeing any of the brands listed at the store, except Lucerne at Homeland. I wonder which ones are sold in Oklahoma?

The eggs are ok to eat, IF they are fully cooked with no runny yolk.

Ewww, did your doctor confirm Salmonella? I hope you're feeling better soon.
Karl Schneider

Haskell, OK

#10 Aug 20, 2010
I never have managed to figure out why humans would want to eat the undeveloped embryos of birds (or for that matter, drink the lactated fluid from bovine mammaries)...

ewwwwwwww
pinktaurus

Tulsa, OK

#11 Aug 20, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
I never have managed to figure out why humans would want to eat the undeveloped embryos of birds (or for that matter, drink the lactated fluid from bovine mammaries)...
ewwwwwwww
Why don't you do us all a favor and eat a bad egg? Or maybe a dozen of them.
Egg Hole

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Aug 20, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
ewwwwwwww
I like me some ags. azzapples r good chicken poot fruit. DIK HEAD.
Smush

Houston, TX

#13 Aug 20, 2010
pinktaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do us all a favor and eat a bad egg? Or maybe a dozen of them.
Gee, Karl was just voicing his opinion... oh, and trying to antagonize people. But there's no reason to wish him bodily harm.

I don't know if he's a vegetarian or not but a vegetarian would probably ask the same thing about eating muscles from animals. My answer would be "Because it tastes good." I also eat things that grow in the dirt and from the dirt. Ewwwwww.:-)
just me

Owasso, OK

#14 Aug 22, 2010
Ewww wrote:
Back from the doc.. got two bags of fluid through an iv... morphine bc of the stomach aches... 2 shots in the **** one for cramping and one for nausea... i am on an antibiotic ciproflaxin i guess kills salmonella... then i have meds for nasuea and cramping...and they also did blood work to verfy stuff i guess.. i called ihop they are suppose to have the general manager call me back...:( Just glad i will feel better soon!
Unfortunately you will probably receive nothing (not even a phone call) from IHOP. The menu states on it "eating undercooked food (eggs overeasy) can make you sick". I summed it up, but that is basically what says. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
DustyOutlaw

Sand Springs, OK

#15 Aug 22, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
ewwwwwwww
It's not as bad as some of the bodily fluids you eat just for fun, fancy boy.
Lucius

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Aug 22, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
ewwwwwwww
Maybe, because it's somehow "kinder", or more usefull (I guess), to use the byproducts, rather than actually "killing" these creatures, and then "eating them" outright...

I mean..., if they can "serve our purposes" (feed us...), for the duration of their lives, why kill them?

Ewwwwww, have you actually ever... "killed" (i.e. hunted)... any of the things that you take for granted, and eat everyday BICH???

Or..., do you prefer (like most people) to have all these "creatures" killed for you? So then, that "you", can consume those "creature byproducts"...(hamburger, hotdogs, steak, KFC, porkchops, seafood, etc, etc...), with your clean conscience?
pinktaurus

Tulsa, OK

#17 Aug 23, 2010
Smush wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Karl was just voicing his opinion... oh, and trying to antagonize people. But there's no reason to wish him bodily harm.
I don't know if he's a vegetarian or not but a vegetarian would probably ask the same thing about eating muscles from animals. My answer would be "Because it tastes good." I also eat things that grow in the dirt and from the dirt. Ewwwwww.:-)
Not wishing him any permanent bodily harm.....just a little nausea, etc. You know, the feelings like some of his comments leave with the rest of us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ban Flavoring, Ads for E-Cigarettes, Doctors' G... 18 hr Sneaky Pete 3
News Approval of attention deficit drug for binge-ea... Apr 21 HumanSpirit 5
News Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) Apr 19 Jrw411 602
News Traceability needed in competition Apr 17 lavon affair 1
News Nestle recalls Toll House refrigerated cookie d... Apr 16 many do get it 1
News Are your silver fillings dangerous? (Jun '08) Apr 15 KsJohn 69
News Analyst: A Complete List of All Major Biosimila... Apr 9 DawnMEcker 1
More from around the web