Diet pill Hydroxycut taken off shelves

An Ontario-based company that makes Hydroxycut dietary supplements says it has agreed to recall 14 products in the U-S out of "an abundance of caution." The recall comes after U-S government health officials warned dieters and body builders to immediately stop using Hydroxycut. Full Story
BigG

Rochester, NY

#1 May 2, 2009
Hydroxycut and beer, the 1-2 punch to the liver!
Chuck

Walnut, CA

#2 May 3, 2009
A well-written story, however you should be asking the question: why aren't more harmful products being pulled from shelves?

According to the CDC, for example, on average 500 people per year die from taking aspirin in America AS INSTRUCTED on the label, and thousands are hospitalized each year for taking aspirin due to liver damage. Yet, aspirin is still sold over-the-counter even to children.

Now, I am not proposing that aspirin should be removed from the shelves any more than should Hydroxycut. My point is that the only reported cases I've seen from the CDC so far regarding Hydroxycut was regarding people who abused the product not following label directions.

We've got to follow the money trail on this story because almost identical products to Hydroxycut are being sold "by prescription" manufactured by the nation's large pharmeceutical companies who's executives sit on the FDA board of directors. Hydroxycut is an effective non-prescription over-the-counter product for those who wish to use it that sells for 1/4 the price of identical prescription products.

I just thought I'd throw my twice-cents worth your way especially since other common over-the-counter products result in far more deaths and damage than Hydroxycut, however they are manufactured by large chemical companies with the cash to bribe Congressmen and the FDA to keep their products on store shelves.

Best Wishes,
Chuck
Portland, OR
walmart

Rochester, NY

#3 May 3, 2009
Chuck wrote:
A well-written story, however you should be asking the question: why aren't more harmful products being pulled from shelves?
According to the CDC, for example, on average 500 people per year die from taking aspirin in America AS INSTRUCTED on the label, and thousands are hospitalized each year for taking aspirin due to liver damage. Yet, aspirin is still sold over-the-counter even to children.
Now, I am not proposing that aspirin should be removed from the shelves any more than should Hydroxycut. My point is that the only reported cases I've seen from the CDC so far regarding Hydroxycut was regarding people who abused the product not following label directions.
We've got to follow the money trail on this story because almost identical products to Hydroxycut are being sold "by prescription" manufactured by the nation's large pharmeceutical companies who's executives sit on the FDA board of directors. Hydroxycut is an effective non-prescription over-the-counter product for those who wish to use it that sells for 1/4 the price of identical prescription products.
I just thought I'd throw my twice-cents worth your way especially since other common over-the-counter products result in far more deaths and damage than Hydroxycut, however they are manufactured by large chemical companies with the cash to bribe Congressmen and the FDA to keep their products on store shelves.
Best Wishes,
Chuck
Portland, OR
Well written Chuck,but I think the fact that the over-stressed point that being shaped like a toothpick by the media and society in general,has people grabbing anything to lose weight.I agree with every point you made,but people have to realize that these diet pills are not magic.Maybe if more people got more realistic about how much weight to lose,there wouldn't be as many cases of diet pill abuse.I could stand to lose a few pounds but I'm not going to run out and buy diet pills. I'll do it the old fashion way of watching what I eat and excercise.
momma of 5

Williamson, NY

#4 May 3, 2009
There are thousands of diets, weightloss regimines and plans people could use. But the 100% solution is the natural way of watching food intake and of course exercise. Speak to a doctor and keep off the "miracle pills" that DONT WORK. Everyone is looking for an easy out, and everyone promises one. What happened to good ole fashoin hard work. Get away from the couch, HDTV, videogames and computers. 1 hour a day of walking will do wonders. Not to mention its "green". Patterson wants people in NY to cut the fat. Make gyms FREE!!!
vern

Cayuga, NY

#5 May 3, 2009
The only thing Patterson wants to do is raise your taxes. He will never give you anything for free. There is no such thing as a free lunch as I always say!
momma of 5

Williamson, NY

#6 May 3, 2009
Everyone wants more money. But to tax soda and candy, then to propose a tax on gym memberships, diet foods are already too expencive, so make everything else not worth buying either. We can all just starve. Good plan Patterson. When a candy bar is cheaper than an apple, there is a problem. Start putting fresh fruit by the checkout counters instead of candy and soda.they do it so the kids can scream they want candy while parents are checking out. Find me a local store that doesnt sell candy and junkfoods. (sorry was on a rant) At least it would prevent the frustration of gailing weight and heading for the fix all pill. UGH.
TIM_H

Danville, VA

#7 May 7, 2009
I took the powders you mix with bottled water for about 5 days and started to get horrible stomach cramps so i discontinued using it. I was concidering trying it again until i recently heard of this recall...glad i waited..WTF?!?!
Steve-O

Danville, VA

#8 May 7, 2009
This topic i thought concerns people that have perchased and used hydroxycut there CHUCK..It's not a debate about all the "other" products that should be removed from the shelves, read the topic there bubba!!!! if we need 2-cents we'll call ya....
DERECK

Danville, VA

#10 May 19, 2009
using this stuff made my wee wee grow in size..its amazing man!!!!
Cookie

Florence, KY

#11 May 29, 2009
Chuck wrote:
Best Wishes,
Chuck
Portland, OR
All I can say is that the product helped me loose x amount of pounds in the first week. I stopped taking it after the recall. I work in retail and it is now being put back on our shelves of course it'll take about a mounth to replenish.
RPDsuks

Rochester, NY

#12 May 29, 2009
I guess that means "dew4794" will have to find some new diet pills in order to lose that weight of hers.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#14 Sep 24, 2012
DERECK wrote:
using this stuff made my wee wee grow in size..its amazing man!!!!
Your Wee Wee only looks bigger because your gut got smaller. It was probably years since your wee wee wasn't eclipsed by your beer gut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Hair Loss Drugs Cause Sexual Dysfunction? Wed Mary 1
Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) Tue Rusty Hexnut 587
FDA panel considers lifting ban on blood donati... Nov 17 toon soon 64
Actos Lawsuits Move Forward, as Bernstein Liebh... (Aug '13) Nov 11 user 3
Taipei: Oil Scandal: High levels of heavy metal... Nov 10 TW_sugar_daddio 3
FDA calls for 'judicious' antibiotic use on farms (May '12) Nov 9 Danser 3
Prescription or Poison?: The Benefits and Dange... (Oct '10) Nov 8 No GMOs 16

Food and Drug Administration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE