Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8231 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

patricia

Muscle Shoals, AL

#5275 Jan 31, 2012
Robin Hood wrote:
<quoted text> How I know location ater someone post it will show on left side of post your name and location and state. It's in the way IP address sat up on Computer. So sorry about passing of husband. This is second Hernia surgery surgery was Lap back in 2010 repaired with mesh Johnson Ethicon Proceed. This 7 years after first ventral hernia surgery in 2003 the old stitch method. I ended up going out of the area to advance problems for small town surgeon. Don't panic that makes it worst. I get those knots spsams. Shortness of breath etc... Which knocks me back a couple of days. I don't eat much afterwards for a few days hot fluids intake I warm up Green Tea Liptons. it helps I'm pushing the med mark of Fifty yrs. I don't dare post doctors here for they read this also.
I had mine done in 95 in south alabama I do soups a lot and like you said it takes me down for several days but I truly try to live as normal as life as possible but it is hard when you are in pain 24/7 I guess it gets tollarable and we appreciate the days were not doubled over and having then as I call them contractions some times it feels like a baby moving inside me but it comes with lots of pain email me at [email protected] would love to hear more I have so many things wrong with me and I feel like it is all due to this mesh
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5276 Jan 31, 2012
My case has been refered to a lawyer in Fla. that is "collecting" non-ring break cases. This will be a Mass Tort situation. Bard/Kugel is not settleing Non Ring Break cases at this time according to what I am being told. Anybody got differing info? Anyway, I have spoken with an intern but hope to talk to one of their lawyers soon and will update at that time. Does anybody need to be included with this case? Let me know and I will then put you in touch with this firm as soon as I know. I am hoping also that this will lead some where because I have been hitting to many brick walls lately.
ROBERT BOBBY JOHNSON

West Columbia, SC

#5277 Jan 31, 2012
I HAD A 6x10 MESH HERNIA REPAIR IN 2009.. I HAVE HAD CHRONIC. ABDOMINAL PAIN!! SINCE ..I SEE A PAIN. MANAGEMENT DR. EVERY MONTH..HELP!
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5278 Feb 1, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
My case has been refered to a lawyer in Fla. that is "collecting" non-ring break cases. This will be a Mass Tort situation. Bard/Kugel is not settleing Non Ring Break cases at this time according to what I am being told. Anybody got differing info? Anyway, I have spoken with an intern but hope to talk to one of their lawyers soon and will update at that time. Does anybody need to be included with this case? Let me know and I will then put you in touch with this firm as soon as I know. I am hoping also that this will lead some where because I have been hitting to many brick walls lately.
Mesh with a ring non break cases. If this is correct and with in the last few days this would mean the settlement failed. They were part of the settlement offer on page 229. Interesting ,where does this leave the non ring cases if this turns out to be true.They are settling the mesh with a ring non break cases in Canada. Trying for an out of court settlement.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5279 Feb 1, 2012
Sorry page 227.
Jaybird

Chesapeake, VA

#5280 Feb 1, 2012
We were made an offer for a buckled mesh that had to be removed. Are they withdrawing settlements that they have already offered?
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5281 Feb 1, 2012
I was told by my "X" lawyer that the Lawyer in Fla.( I won't say the firm till I talk to them directly, I apologize.)is getting together an "Inventory" of non-ring cases because Davol/Kugel are not settling those cases now. Whatever the Hell that means but I hope to find out soon. I have not heard anything to the contrary but would be interested in any input. I watched a news report on Fox about the 6 research scientists that are sueing the FDA for "spying" on them and "hacking" their e-mails. Apparently these guys are whistle blowers that report that the FDA was approving medical devices without proper research or even when the research proved the product was flawed. J&J's Dupuy Hip and the pace makers I had mentioned in a previous post were part of those disclosures. Mesh may have also been part of this and it is worthwhile to keep an ear out about it. What I thought was telling was that although the news commentator told all about the spying and the e-mails and everything else there was not a mention on what the whistleblowers blew. Which I would have thought would have been part of the report if the FDA was spying on these guys. I mean they must have had something that got the FDA really upset. Inquireing minds want to know! Anyway, I am interested to know if anybody has differing info on the non-ring cases because the last thing I need right now is some lawyer blow smoke where it should not go! ;>)
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5282 Feb 1, 2012
ROBERT BOBBY JOHNSON wrote:
I HAD A 6x10 MESH HERNIA REPAIR IN 2009.. I HAVE HAD CHRONIC. ABDOMINAL PAIN!! SINCE ..I SEE A PAIN. MANAGEMENT DR. EVERY MONTH..HELP!
Get your OP report from the Hospital where the mesh was implanted. Make sure it includes ALL of the products that were used and/or implanted. It should give you the make, lot # and other pertinant info on the mesh. ALSO...Have you had a CT scan or X-rays of the surgical site since the mesh was implanted? Let us know here and we can try to point you in the right direction. What are your Dr.'s saying? If anything.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5283 Feb 1, 2012
Jaybird wrote:
We were made an offer for a buckled mesh that had to be removed. Are they withdrawing settlements that they have already offered?
I would not imagine that they would pull an offer after given. Good Luck!
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5284 Feb 1, 2012
Claim Restricted to Patch with Rings
November 23, 2011

IMPORTANT UPDATE

On November 23, 2011,in Canada, Justice Strathy approved the discontinuance of the claim in respect of hernia patches that do not contain a PET ring. The claim is now restricted to those meshes which have a ring.

If you were implanted with a mesh that does not have a ring, and you wish to continue to pursue a claim, you should immediately retain a lawyer to provide you with independent advice. There are strict time limits to pursuing such a claim so you should consult your own lawyer immediately if you want to sue because of your medical problems.

Since: Jan 12

Tampa, FL

#5285 Feb 1, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
I was told by my "X" lawyer that the Lawyer in Fla.( I won't say the firm till I talk to them directly, I apologize.)is getting together an "Inventory" of non-ring cases because Davol/Kugel are not settling those cases now. Whatever the Hell that means but I hope to find out soon. I have not heard anything to the contrary but would be interested in any input. I watched a news report on Fox about the 6 research scientists that are sueing the FDA for "spying" on them and "hacking" their e-mails. Apparently these guys are whistle blowers that report that the FDA was approving medical devices without proper research or even when the research proved the product was flawed. J&J's Dupuy Hip and the pace makers I had mentioned in a previous post were part of those disclosures. Mesh may have also been part of this and it is worthwhile to keep an ear out about it. What I thought was telling was that although the news commentator told all about the spying and the e-mails and everything else there was not a mention on what the whistleblowers blew. Which I would have thought would have been part of the report if the FDA was spying on these guys. I mean they must have had something that got the FDA really upset. Inquireing minds want to know! Anyway, I am interested to know if anybody has differing info on the non-ring cases because the last thing I need right now is some lawyer blow smoke where it should not go! ;>)
Thank you for the info. I am in Florida and I am interested in learning any info that you may have about lawyers in Florida who are working with the mesh problems. My mesh in not on the recall lists...it is one of the smaller ones with the strap...but I am having lots of allergic reactions and wonder how to find out what the statue of limitations is for this.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5287 Feb 2, 2012
I am trying to find out more about the non "broken" ring cases but I have been told that they are being settled.So I apologize for mis printing as I was refering to NON-BROKEN RING cases. Are the cases that are being settled were already in front of a judge and any more have to wait? I have no idea but will post as soon as I find out "What Up?" Again I apologize for mis printing my point!
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5288 Feb 2, 2012
bebe10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info. I am in Florida and I am interested in learning any info that you may have about lawyers in Florida who are working with the mesh problems. My mesh in not on the recall lists...it is one of the smaller ones with the strap...but I am having lots of allergic reactions and wonder how to find out what the statue of limitations is for this.
Hi BeBe......Get on line and check for lawyers that are Personal Injury or Medical Device Failure Lawyers and ask them. Won't cost anything and you may stuble on to the right firm. I will let you knowe about the lawyer I was refered to as soon as I speak with them.
alicia

Houston, TX

#5289 Feb 3, 2012
what is the ring? I have been hearing about it, but I never knew if I had one. good luck to every one.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5290 Feb 3, 2012
alicia wrote:
what is the ring? I have been hearing about it, but I never knew if I had one. good luck to every one.
The "Ring" refers to the Kugel/Daval mesh patch that has a ring the keeps the mesh from crumpling up. Unfortunately the rings have a defective "weld" and can break doing very nasty things to anything around it.
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#5291 Feb 3, 2012
it does not have to have the ring to do its nasty work!!!
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5292 Feb 3, 2012
Ok, here is my update. My lawyer in Denver refered me to Morgan and Morgan in Orlando Fla. I was told that this firm was putting together n "inventory" of cases with Non Broken Rings. Those cases that were up in front of the judge ARE being settled. I was told by Morgan and Morgan that they are no longer taking anymore cases because there has been a settlement and Davol is not going to settle any further cases. Whether this is true or I am just having smoke blown up my butt I do not know. What I do know is that I am sick and Friggin' tired of being told that I have a case and then I don't. Oh, sorry you should have called last week, oh sorry you don't fit our criteria now, oh sorry your statute of limitations is over, oh sorry, give us a call when the ring breaks (if you survive.), oh sorry we aren't handling those cases now but I got a Law School Buddy that is just JiffY and will take your case( yeah, right, Thanks a bunch) and it goes on and on and on..... Where the hell can I find an honest to goodness lawyer that will take my case? Even the "Top" lawyers are leeching scum bags anymore. No offense to the honest to goodness lawyer out there but Dude! Your collegues SUCK! I have been jerked around so many timers by all the big firms that are getting settlements but I can't seem to call at the right time or talk to the right person. I've been with this other firm in Denver for awhile. And honestly they have kept me informed and have called me back etc. etc but then they talk up this other firm as if it is a done deal, as if they REALLY DID talk to the head guy and said" we have a case for you" and the head guy who is the Law School Buddy said" Yes! Thats great, send him along and will add him to the case file." But NO! There was none of that apparently and this Law School buddy does not want my case. So Here is my Brick Wall, AGAIN. Thanks for nothing you bunch of weasels.
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#5293 Feb 3, 2012
steven435 wrote:
it does not have to have the ring to do its nasty work!!!
You are correct there my friend. The ring just complicates things and delays the twisting and crumpling of the Polypropolene.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5294 Feb 3, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct there my friend. The ring just complicates things and delays the twisting and crumpling of the Polypropolene.
All Meshed Up, I just got rejected from another law firm but he gives me two contacts. LOL, I have a case against my surgeon but no one will take the time to look at my medical records. He is being sued for wrong full death and i hope they win. Don't give up.

Since: Jan 12

Tampa, FL

#5295 Feb 3, 2012
alicia wrote:
Alicia ~ Here is a pdf that is interesting and expains a little about the ring...this brochure is on the small mesh patch. There is a lot of info out there abut the rings, etc. Hope this helps. Seems the mesh patches all have the ring which can break and cause injury, etc. But appears that some people are allergic to the mesh itself..I think that is what is causing my problems. http://www.davol.com/default/assets/File/MMVX...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New weight-loss drug may be available soon (Sep '06) Feb 19 relax 10
News Congressman wants FDA to take action against 'f... Feb 12 Community Disorga... 25
News HIV, AIDS Cure? Cytodyn's PRO 140 Shows Big Pot... (Apr '14) Feb 9 CYDY FAN 3
News Possible new head of the FDA is a supporter of ... Jan 31 Shkreli zionism 2
News Smokers Unleash Harms on Their Pets Jan 31 Call it as I see it 9
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... Jan 27 davy 25
News Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) Jan 22 gum graft concerns 644
More from around the web