Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...
Comments
4,721 - 4,740 of 8,067 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
loss in nc

Winston Salem, NC

#5005 Dec 29, 2011
whoever judged clueless trust me I am not. I know whats going on with my families cases. WE know who we have to pay its not Motley Rice trust me. My advice to all of you is worry about yourself, what anyone else decides to do is not your problem or how much you get. They make a offer you say yes or no. Settle or court. You get to decide. You want to go to court then do so. I will say this Davol has never and will never make enough money to make right what they did to my mom.....SHE IS DEAD what anyone else gets is not my concern I hope the best for everyone but Davol is ready to go to trial or settle it does not matter to them which one you do. They are prepared for either...and the shame is they have the money to do it. I know this because I called and asked their council. Thats what I was told.
riverrat

Winona, MN

#5006 Dec 29, 2011
lol to hell with there "council" here ins droped them for crimial reasons in this mess and law firms ran

hope they do have all this money you yack about cause there sure gunna need it

ps:did ya ask there council for a settlement?

also in a mesh death case its 1.7 million they
settled 3
LARC

Los Angeles, CA

#5007 Dec 29, 2011
loss in nc wrote:
whoever judged clueless trust me I am not. I know whats going on with my families cases. WE know who we have to pay its not Motley Rice trust me. My advice to all of you is worry about yourself, what anyone else decides to do is not your problem or how much you get. They make a offer you say yes or no. Settle or court. You get to decide. You want to go to court then do so. I will say this Davol has never and will never make enough money to make right what they did to my mom.....SHE IS DEAD what anyone else gets is not my concern I hope the best for everyone but Davol is ready to go to trial or settle it does not matter to them which one you do. They are prepared for either...and the shame is they have the money to do it. I know this because I called and asked their council. Thats what I was told.
if davol were prepared for a court battle they would have never entertained a offer.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#5008 Dec 29, 2011
Remember what Judge Lisa told counsel on the July 29 meeting.
Remaining cases currently unresolved
The Court advised present counsel that it views its role as bringing every case to resolution.
The Court anticipates issuing an order setting discovery deadlines for cases selected by counsel for
both sides and is prepared to schedule trials for the last two weeks of January 2012 and the first two
weeks of February 2012. The Court urged counsel present to consider their inventory and either
contact defense counsel for resolution or prepare to litigate. To the extent cases cannot be resolved,
the Court advised counsel that it is looking for a list of cases to commence case-specific discovery
to ready the cases for trial this winter.
loss in nc

Winston Salem, NC

#5009 Dec 29, 2011
riverrat wrote:
lol to hell with there "council" here ins droped them for crimial reasons in this mess and law firms ran
hope they do have all this money you yack about cause there sure gunna need it
ps:did ya ask there council for a settlement?
also in a mesh death case its 1.7 million they
settled 3
you wanna get rich go ahead and try I want this done atleast you are still alive to talk about it instead of running your mouth talk to your lawyer and find out what they think you might get settling or by jury and do it....call and ask questions not just your lawyers ask theirs I wasnt afraid to ,see what you are in for you have a right to know from both sides see how far they are willing to go that way you know what you are up against I know someone who has been through this before remember the breast implants? she has been disabled for years she got hardly anything.
loss in nc

Winston Salem, NC

#5010 Dec 29, 2011
joanna do whats best for you. I am sorry you have to go through this as I am for everyone. I have not gone through the pain any of you have....one thing I know by watching what my mom went though and it must be terrible I will never be the same, and thinking about it breaks my heart every day, I loved her so much, and what everyone has been through no human being should have had to. my mom died in 2005 I had a little boy in 2008 I keep a picture of her on a end table he kisses it and says I love you maw maw he will only know her through pictures I watch my oldest niece who has to deal with this suffer every day she is a mom too he little boy will never know her either all of my family wishes the best for everyone....Davol they are murders and butchers being done with this and wanting to move on is what my family is hoping we can do. I wish you the best of everything as I do for all who are on this forum.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#5011 Dec 30, 2011
loss in nc wrote:
<quoted text>
you wanna get rich go ahead and try I want this done atleast you are still alive to talk about it instead of running your mouth talk to your lawyer and find out what they think you might get settling or by jury and do it....call and ask questions not just your lawyers ask theirs I wasnt afraid to ,see what you are in for you have a right to know from both sides see how far they are willing to go that way you know what you are up against I know someone who has been through this before remember the breast implants? she has been disabled for years she got hardly anything.
Nobody will be getting rich except the law firm at over 50% taken from us that are disabilied for life. Talk to your lawyer
lol, they are all full of bull shit and watch your wallet they we tell you what you what to hear while stealing your money. Round one is over for Kugel mesh,they are gearing up for round two. Judge Lisa has a time line set on the Kugel Mesh case. Let Bard/Davol spend their money in the court room,we will never get our fair settlement.
steven435

Cameron, MO

#5012 Dec 30, 2011
HELLO,BLAIR,i hope you are doing well.i went to a new sergen last week he sent me to a spesialist in st.louis.iwas told to live with it unless it was an emergency,i was told the hernia and scar tissue are so extensive i may not make it off the table.i will never settle ,iwant my story out there so every one can see what bard has done to us.
Mzsharkeater

Prince George, Canada

#5013 Dec 30, 2011
Supposedly- left femoral hernia repair April 2007 with prolene mesh. July 2008-Had a couple of nerve blocks, then Re-operated on Oct 14 2008, found a defect over Coopers ligament with fatty tissue protruding into the femoral ring-a PHS mesh repair was carried out. The defect was filled with PHS mesh. Feb 2010 nerve was clipped,
April 2011 hospitalized-Huge mass of infection mass is the size of a grapefruit.....I cant sit, stand, lie, walk without severe pain, chronic infection and pain.
Im being operated on Jan 2012-mesh is being removed along with the mass. Ive contacted a lawyer and since the first surgery was in 2007 -its past 2yrs -cant sue past this time -malpractice suits are hard to prove here in canada-they want $5000 to get started-but like i said ive past the 2yr mark, ive reported the doctor to the BC physicians and surgeons. I saw my doctor yesterday-I have an open wound-the mass of infection near the mesh is pushing its way out.....I now have E-coli and back on a different bunch of antibodics. The bacterial E-coli is found in surgerical wounds etc....Surgery Jan 10th to remove mesh-Im asking the surgeon to save the mesh for evidence....Ive asked many people what I can do here in Canada...
wolf99 wrote:
Happy New Years Everyone. 12/29/11. Question on Proceed Mesh? I just received an e-mail from a friend. Stating that their is a recall as of Dec. 15,2011 on the Ethicon J&J Company (PROCEED-Code PCDG1 Lot # BMG618). Potential for delamination resulting in EXPOSURE of underlying POLYPROPYLENE MESH which could potentially result in adhesions and fistulas.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#5014 Dec 30, 2011
steven435 wrote:
HELLO,BLAIR,i hope you are doing well.i went to a new sergen last week he sent me to a spesialist in st.louis.iwas told to live with it unless it was an emergency,i was told the hernia and scar tissue are so extensive i may not make it off the table.i will never settle ,iwant my story out there so every one can see what bard has done to us.
Steven he is right you really are taking a risk. When mime was done it took two surgerys and i had a plastic surgeon and surgeon working on me and i still ended up in the progressive care unit.The second surgery was to remove the scar tissue which was done by the plastic surgeon. He had to close me up without getting it all for fear of ruining the first procedure to close the hernia which turned out to be six hernias that did not show up in the cat scans. He was not surprised and was well prepared to do my tissue repair without mesh. Be carefull if you had to go for emergency surgery your odds would not be good. With so much tissue damage from your mesh removal it is hard to find any surgeon who wants to operate. You need settlement money and then you can go to one of the few surgeons dealing with this mesh mess. You will have to deal with it in the future but for know be super carefull.
Keith

Washington, DC

#5015 Dec 30, 2011
I have had ingunial hernia surgery four times. I was hopitalized for a month and almost died about two years ago due to bowel perferation, intestinal fistulae, and infection. I was in so much pain that I wanted to die. Thanks be to God and Jesus I survived.
Angry Mom

Country Club Hills, IL

#5016 Dec 30, 2011
My son was born premature in 1994, with that came a side effect of left and right Inguinal hernias. The first surgery was performed around 1 yr old and the 2nd around 3yrs old. No problems until this year. Had to go to the hospital with pain in the high groin area. Pain again about a month later, but he refused to go to the hospital. They couldn't find anything wrong with him, now I wonder if his repair as something to do with it. I will be requesting hospital records to be sure. Thank you to all of you that have posted here. It is a hopeless feeling when your child hurts, and you can't help them. It may not be the problem, but at least its a start in the search.

Since: Dec 11

Winston Salem, NC

#5017 Dec 30, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody will be getting rich except the law firm at over 50% taken from us that are disabilied for life. Talk to your lawyer
lol, they are all full of bull shit and watch your wallet they we tell you what you what to hear while stealing your money. Round one is over for Kugel mesh,they are gearing up for round two. Judge Lisa has a time line set on the Kugel Mesh case. Let Bard/Davol spend their money in the court room,we will never get our fair settlement.
The only lawyer my family is paying is the one we hired. Whom my family knows. I also have another lawyer that works on these types of cases giving advice and looking at everything thats going on with these cases if I have questions or need advice he helps.. And a good friend of my parents who had been council for them and myself for 30 + years keeping an eye on whats going on as well. So what ever happens We are quite prepared. My moms life was taken....I want to know everything I can...what I dont know I ask...If I cant find out they will.
LARC

Los Angeles, CA

#5018 Dec 30, 2011
loss in nc wrote:
<quoted text>
The only lawyer my family is paying is the one we hired. Whom my family knows. I also have another lawyer that works on these types of cases giving advice and looking at everything thats going on with these cases if I have questions or need advice he helps.. And a good friend of my parents who had been council for them and myself for 30 + years keeping an eye on whats going on as well. So what ever happens We are quite prepared. My moms life was taken....I want to know everything I can...what I dont know I ask...If I cant find out they will.
if you hired your own attorny why would you join in a class action suit? a friend would not give that kind of advice would he?

Since: Dec 11

Winston Salem, NC

#5019 Dec 30, 2011
LARC wrote:
<quoted text>if you hired your own attorny why would you join in a class action suit? a friend would not give that kind of advice would he?
Our lawyer is a good one he is handling all our cases, we are not worried, whatever happens we are prepared to go either way we are not worried about him getting rich.....he wants for us what is fair from the loss of my mother. He is working to do that.We trust him.
riverrat

Winona, MN

#5020 Dec 30, 2011
dont sign
steven435

Greenfield, MO

#5021 Dec 31, 2011
you can get your own lawyer but if they you you;s any info. gatherd buy mottly rice you will pay the 12% common benefit .
Lisa

Indian Trail, NC

#5022 Dec 31, 2011
steven435 wrote:
you can get your own lawyer but if they you you;s any info. gatherd buy mottly rice you will pay the 12% common benefit .
You pay 4% extra the other 8% will be paid by your lawyer. This makes up the 12% common benefit.
steven435

Cameron, MO

#5023 Jan 1, 2012
mottley still get theyrs no matter were it comes from!!!
Alina Thornbuirg

Fort Wayne, IN

#5025 Jan 1, 2012
Just had surgery to remove old mesh the Ethicon Prolene,with a lightweight, more flexible, part dissolveable one made of the same material. I was having pain from day one after my original hernia repair. My surgeon told me it was scarring and I needed to learn to deal and live with the pain. Im not sure how this new mesh will be, but I know my stomach now looks like a road map of scars. I had a historectomy in 2008 which was the start of my hernia problems. I had to go all the way to St Louis Mo from Ft wayne In to get a doctor who would at least try and help with a different mesh. He has said I have Diastasis but feels I should be able to return to work as usual even after telling him that my job requires me to lift 40lbs or more kicking and screaming 3-5yr olds as well as pushing and pulling on heavy objects. Am I thinking wrong that my body can't seem to do my job like it use too? I've commented to my family that Im just not sure if I can proform the duties expected of me any longer. It was becoming very difficult before the new mesh was put in on Dec 20 2011. I've contemplated filing for disability, but not sure I have a leg to stand on, even though I know how my abdomen feels tender, sore and heavy all the time. I also feel tired a lot. On top of this I am a diabetic. I guess I will see once I am released back to work in Feb. This is crap, the way I feel we are being used like guniea pigs. Thanks for listening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) Thu Chang 571
Rosenblum: 'Happiness' analysis is hazy on smok... Aug 24 Peter 1
FDA pressured to allow gay men to donate blood Aug 22 eJohn 10
Mother of gay teen who committed suicide outrag... Aug 21 Latter Day Taints 10
Iowa mom seeks change after gay son rejected as... Aug 20 Ex Senator Stillborn 25
Walgreens Holds Off on Selling DNA Kits Amidst ... (May '10) Aug 20 Boop 10
Phentermine for weight loss (Jan '08) Aug 17 SophiLA 2,038
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Food and Drug Administration People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••