Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8229 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

jeremy fulk

Mcnary, AZ

#4146 May 8, 2011
in 2011
KAS

Vancouver, Canada

#4147 May 10, 2011
Does anyone know of any CANADIAN LAWSUITS against ALLODERM?

[QUOTE/]"ken griffiths"]hello James, thank you for stating what you know about the sholdice clinic. I heard they no longer do hernia repairs using mesh. When i visited them, the doctor who saw me was frank & honest. He said my problems with horrific pain are from having mesh put into my left groin 5 times [ he said this is a foreign body which my body cannot get used to] he said also that to remove the mesh would most likely kill me because of hemmoraging. As much as i suffer like a dog [ disabled w/pain, sleep problems, meds dependency] i cannot walk or exercise much without further pain aggravation. on top of this in 1990 the surgeon dissected my femoeral, & illoinguinal nerves. wow what a mistake!! he might as well put 2 wisdom teeth in there & told me to live with it permanently! I strongly advise to anybody out there: no nerve surgeries, & if you can live with your hernia---just live with it. because your alternative just is NOT worth it! i definitely feel that the marlex mesh is defective & however i dont know who to talk to about a lawsuit. anyone know for canadians?[/QUOTE]
Nor-cal

Redding, CA

#4148 May 10, 2011
steven435 wrote:
doe's anybody have info. on the next trial????
I wish! Back in September my attorney told me they requested a jury trial and it was filed in November 2010. Haven't heard anything since. Waiting, and the pain that goes with it, is the hardest part of this whole drawn out fiasco. What is it going to take to get Davol/Bard to admit they made some crappy products and pay for their mistakes. My mesh implant was definitely the fault of the mesh. The surgeon that removed it took pictures showing how the ring snapped and pierced me and how the mesh had balled up and deteriorated inside. Pretty gross and graphic pictures.
lets see

Winona, MN

#4149 May 11, 2011
post the pics
All Meshed Up

Denver, CO

#4150 May 12, 2011
Thanx again Terri. In regards to Jeremy Fulks' question....need to know what kind of mesh you had. The only mesh that is currently being recalled are the LARGE Kugel patchs with the PET ring. You were more than likely implanted with another mesh. Get your OP report from the hospital where you got the surgery. Make sure it has the product code and such on it. If not, there may be another sheet that has the products used in your surgery. This may include saline solutions, the type of sutures and SHOULD contain the info for your mesh. Go from there. Good Luck.
All Meshed Up

Denver, CO

#4151 May 12, 2011
As far as my situation goes I cannot find a lawyer to take my case. I have the small oval Kugel implanted to patch the hole left when the other mesh was removed. I read on this site not long ago that the mesh with PET rings were ALL going to be recalled as deemed by the judge in Rhode Island. Does any body know if this is true? Not one lawyer including the Motley bunch knew anything about it. Please let me know. Thanx Mucho!
Mesh removed at UCLA

Gilbert, AZ

#4152 May 12, 2011
lets see wrote:
post the pics
How do I go about posting my explant pictures on here?
steven435

El Dorado Springs, MO

#4153 May 13, 2011
here we go again,delay after delay.the next trial is not set untill july.jury selection in the romanowski trial set for 7/26/2011.at this rate our grand kids will see justes!!!
justme

Pocatello, ID

#4154 May 14, 2011
jeremy fulk wrote:
i got a double herina and i want to know if my mesh patches were recalled i got it like three weeks ago
Hello Jermy, when you got your patches is not relavant. The kind of patch is. Please go to the hospital where the the surgry was done and ask for the medical report. Your are looking for the medical device implant record.. the sticker that wer on your device will be on theis report. Next if you have a dule mesh with ring then it is time to call an attorney. 6 lots of kugel mesh were recalled the other 3 were factory withdrawn..Now comes the fucked up part. the tthree that were withdrawn were changed a bit to correct the ring bbreaking problem then they were sent back to the market as new redesinged. there was no new approval and no testing done. I have a new redesigned and according to davol I am the first person to have it Explanted. In addition any patches sold by davol with the same design are allowed in the mdl litigation. davol makes thirty different patches with the same dule mesh with ring. A law firm to consider and taking cases is the millere firm. Jeremy when you find out what you have file an adveres event with the fDa.
justme

Pocatello, ID

#4155 May 14, 2011
steven435 wrote:
here we go again,delay after delay.the next trial is not set untill july.jury selection in the romanowski trial set for 7/26/2011.at this rate our grand kids will see justes!!!
Steven 435, I herd Davol has been settleing cases out of court.Of course we have no way to verify what I herd. However the source of my information is reliable.
Terrie

AOL

#4157 May 15, 2011
1-866-606-5173, hernia mesh attorneys
Terrie

AOL

#4158 May 15, 2011
I just received a news letter from Alley * Clark * Greiwe Attorneys in Tampa Fl. 1-800-840-0977. The news letter is of interesting, dealing with all the recalls on hip and knee implants. It seems that all and any implants are a failure. In reading about how these other implants are fasten to the body they also seem to be in the same feild as hernia mesh their is no proper way that a man made product can be implanted into the human body. It seems that both the knee and hip law suites are getting further ahead then what hernia mesh is.
Daniel SD Cali

San Diego, CA

#4159 May 16, 2011
I had surgery on April 22 2005. I have lived with pain since then as a result of this surgery. I had the "Davol Bard mesh prefix plug large monofiliment polypropylene," product put in me. Recently I am facing. Pain beyond tolerability. I have had swelling along my incision, pain around my whole thigh and up into my hip area, pain in my testicles, and pain urinating. I am in San Diego CA. Anyone know what I can do about this.
All Meshed Up

Denver, CO

#4160 May 16, 2011
The problem with "Personal Injury" Lawyers is that they are not going to take on a HARD case unless they see benefits for THEM...NOT YOU. They will NOT expend time or money on a case unless they are sure it is going to win. How do you prove that a mesh product, that hasn't been recalled, caused the damage? My Pathology report says specifically that" The mesh removed caused all damage found by surgeon." It don't mean SQUAT! I have tried every lawyer I could find but could not find one that would take my case. REMEMBER the Supreme Court ruling 3 years ago! If you have been injured, harmed, disfigured or killed by a medical device that has been approved by the FDA you cannot sue that manufacturer. Yes, there are suits for Hips and Knees but thats because the company had to admit the device failure. Ethicon, Davol, Kugel are not admitting to anything! Nor is our savior the FDA paying any attention to our complaints. Lets face it folks we are SCREWED. 99% of us are not going to get help from lawyers, manufacturers OR our Government. Even though I am now disabled BECAUSE of Mesh, and ALL of my Dr.'s admit it, there is N O T H I N G I can do. The Kugel that is in me now with the PET ring hurts like hell, causes me all sorts of problems but I have to wait for the ring to break before I can sue. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MOTLEY CREW! In the meantime I am losing everything I have and have slipped into poverty kicking and screaming. The Mesh I had stored at a local Hospital was destroyed even though it was clearly marked not to. I have a letter from the head of the Pathology Dept. apologizing for the "Regretful destruction". Thanx Doc...Big F***ING HELP. I can't sue the hospital unless I can prove the mesh was defective with a Product Liabilty case against Ethicon. Kind of hard to do without the Mesh and the fact that NOTHING is being done against Ethicon or their Mesh products. I have reems of medical records showing what happened to me and why but IT DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! I'm sorry but I am really tired, upset, confused, discouraged and mad as Hell about what has happened to me and so many other people and we have no where to go for help. Advice? I get a ton of it. People I talk to that are behind the scenes trying to get stuff pushed through the FDA, Justice Dept. and the Medical community are coming up empty. The FDA will not help us. The Lawyers could not care less and we are left holding the bag. Prove me wrong somebody! PLEASE.
jinksy

Myrtle Beach, SC

#4161 May 16, 2011
Terrie wrote:
I just received a news letter from Alley * Clark * Greiwe Attorneys in Tampa Fl. 1-800-840-0977. The news letter is of interesting, dealing with all the recalls on hip and knee implants. It seems that all and any implants are a failure. In reading about how these other implants are fasten to the body they also seem to be in the same feild as hernia mesh their is no proper way that a man made product can be implanted into the human body. It seems that both the knee and hip law suites are getting further ahead then what hernia mesh is.
I had a knee replacement 2 years ago and have had constant pain. The doctor I just saw said I need to give it more time before they do surgery again.
WORDS WENT SOFT

Winona, MN

#4162 May 16, 2011
this Multidistrict Litigation court CANT NOT HAnDLE SUCH CASES AND A HIGH COURT MUST INTERVEEN ASAP
Catch22

Westerville, OH

#4163 May 16, 2011
I had my second inguinal hernia surgery a year and a half ago and have had chronic pain ever since. Do not know the type of mesh used (would like to know) My first surgery went ok. I was out of pain completely after 6 weeks. The pain is pretty much everywhere below the chest. Testicular pain,groin pain,pubic pain. Burning everywhere from the waist down.Also my right side of my abdomen is always in pain. The surgeons all seem to think this is unuesual but they know! They just don't want to deal with me like the rest of you.Telling me to take ibuprofen as if it would even help (can't tolerate it any how)My question to anybody who will care to answer is why doesn't any medical pro think this is a disabeling condition? I cannot even do menial tasks without the pain increasing. My life is miserable.I take oxycodone for the pain. What happens when they outlaw this drug? How will we live? Sorry for the long incoherent and rambling post.But I finally feel I can be understood (hopefully) and taken seriously. We all know 99.999% of people don't take us seriously.
Catch22

Westerville, OH

#4164 May 16, 2011
All Meshed Up wrote:
I now have been turned down by every law firm I have contacted concerning damage done by Prolene mesh. I now have been turned down by 2 law firms concerning Kugel mesh that was implanted to repair the damage done by the prolene. Call us when the Kugel breaks and you are damaged is what I am being told. Meanwhile I have had to apply for disability because I can no longer work as I used to. I am in pain 24/7. I almost passed out yesterday because of a "rolling pain" that hit me while I was in a state office trying to get assistance. Scared the hell out of the lady there. So.....we have been used as guinea pigs, damaged and experimented on and then ignored and left to deal with what is left. The lawyers suck, the FDA is criminal and nobody gives a rats butt about us. I have no family, no job, no legal representation and no money. What am I to do now? I still try to work but spend the next couple of days curled up in pain. This is not a life any more. Its survival. And I am a mild case in this wonderful world of Mesh.
I know this is a disabeling condition.I'm with you on everything you said! Now when and how can we get the social security adm. to recognize our cases as a disabelment? I am in the same boat as you and it seems like we are only going to sink. Nobody can help or nobody cares. My email is [email protected] if you or any other poster here wishes to discuss our horror stories and how we can get some kind of resolution.
Terrie

AOL

#4165 May 17, 2011
Terrie wrote:
I'sorry if you feel that my posting to be spam. It is information that I just passed on to others. Even though I have an 80 yr. Uncle in FL. the East coast, that also has a daughter born without a hip, they live with the pain just like us hernia people. What I thought was of iterest in the hip& knee case is that their is with the DePUY hip metal-on-metal,(metallic debris),into the tissue,causing cobaltism, or colbalt poisoning. With the knee replacement Zimmer Nexgen, it's the adhesive thatbonds or connects the thigh bone to the device.then the other type which bond the knee to nature bone ingrowth etc..... My tie of these products to hernia mesh is this, none of these man made produces belong in our bodies. When these companies that make these products make claims of all these are the cure of your defects. They will cause no side effects. They will last at least 15 years. These companies are making the bucks, while we go broke, because of bad first time surgery done wrong.
Terrie

AOL

#4166 May 17, 2011
Catch22 wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is a disabeling condition.I'm with you on everything you said! Now when and how can we get the social security adm. to recognize our cases as a disabelment? I am in the same boat as you and it seems like we are only going to sink. Nobody can help or nobody cares. My email is [email protected] if you or any other poster here wishes to discuss our horror stories and how we can get some kind of resolution.
It's called red tape!I have been in your shoes also I lost everything. because of first time hernia surgery done wrong.To begin with get copies of all medical records, all doctor appointments,any lost of time from work. With SSD. You signing your life away. I ended up hiring SSD attorneys which seems to be a FED Gov. red tape cover up to attorneys. I have multi medical problems that also are on ssd-disability list, I filed online back in late 2007, deined, hired attorney they get i think it was 1/4 of your case winnings. This is based on your ss pay in.Yet the medical bills pile up, with no new answers, other then more surgery. SSD has a medical listing of all medical disabilities that they allow, you to go by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justice Department opens investigation into Chi... Mon guest 2
News Lamar Odom's sex enhancement supplements may ha... Feb 5 Local 8
News BPA-free plastic alternatives may not be safe Feb 4 That Blows 1
News Why a top food-poisoning expert won't ever eat ... Feb 2 ban fracking 1
News Users of Impotence Drugs May Suffer Hearing Loss (Oct '07) Feb 2 WATCHDOG 43
News FDA accepts Ampio's Patient Outcome for Prematu... (Dec '13) Jan 31 Wharff 9
News Can Medicine Boost Female Sex Drive? (Apr '07) Jan 31 Catheryn 18
More from around the web