Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 196)

Showing posts 3,901 - 3,920 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
____Sandra___MS

Canton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

hurt 4ever by bard wrote:
how in the world was BARD able to sell mesh products that had never been tested on humans?
how is this even allowed by any kind of laws in any lands?
To: hurt by bard----have you contacted any attorneys yet?
I can get a couple of numbers you can call to see if they might represent you if you would like to call them. I don't have the numbers in front of me now, I will have to look them up but I will give them to you if you are interested! I'm checking with one now for some mesh that is giving me H--l. It costs so much money to get it removed and most really good surgeons will not accept medicare.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

anyone wrote:
Has this mesh been used for bladder suspension surgies. They had to go in there and repair it, but I do not feel right. Sometime when I empty my bladder it a little blood comes out toilet paper. My regular doctor said I hd a bladder infection but pencillin has not worked.
Yes it is the same mesh and I have had a terrible time since having TVT bladder sling surgery almost one year ago. If you are still wondering about it, write again and I'll tell you more.
Earle Waine

Sebring, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Richard, i read your coment and I appreciate the feedback.They keep sending me to all these other doctors,and one hernia surgeon saw me for free but had no answers.I have no health ins.so I am pretty much screwed. thanks Earle
Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Earle....what most likely has happened is nerve entrapment. The pain most likely is on the same side as the hernia surgery. When you have an inguinal type of hernia surgery the mesh is literally "stapled" into place. Because of the way the mesh is implanted along side the inguinal nerve( I would say tube but there is probably a great technical name for it)it ends up putting pressure on that nerve"tube". Do you have pain that seems to be all the way to your lower back around the hip bone? If you do that is a very distinct indicator of pressure or possibly damage to the inguinal nerve "tube".The "tube" actually comes through the hole in your hip fromyour spine and goes then toward your groin. Go to the hospital where you had the surgery and request the surgical report WITH all of the products that were used on you during surgery. This will include the saline solutions, stich type AND what mesh product was used. If it is NOT on that report...FIND THE PRODUCT LOG. Unfortunately my friend you may have just joined the rest of us lab rats. There is a very good possibility that your mesh is contracting and twisting as it did with me. IF this is the case..And I mean IF...Do you have a constant burning or itching around the surgical area? Is there a sudden "grabbing" feeling as you stand up? Is there hyper-sensitivity of the skin around the surgical site? Are you having digestive problems? Fevers? Pain when urinateing? These are a few of the symptoms of what is now called Meshoma. Your body is having a reaction to the mesh or the mesh is contracting/twisting or both as was my case. Let me know. Stay in touch and PLEASE, PLEASE don't get frustrated. You are not alone. If you read previous pages of this blog you will find that there are many types of mesh out there and just as many uses. Unfortunately ( are you seeing a pattern here?) if you are having these problems and they are getting worse you will most likely have to get that mesh removed. IT WILL NOT BE EASY. Sorry that I do not have better news for you at this time. You can contact me @ rm.howden@hotmail.com and I will get you as much info as I can. Best Wishes......rmh
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
After a little more checking it says all Davol hernia patchs with pet rings. Make the phone call. Yours is made by Davol with a Pet ring.( Memory recoil ring )
Contact # at bottom of article.

http://www.motleyrice.com/medical-devices/kug...
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Read to understand the different meshs.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/More+pain+for+h...
Linda Vano

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Is there a difference between Bard composite mesh and the Bard mesh that has been recalled. I have a huge bulge in my side from a hernia repair with Bard Mesh. What are my options??
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
justme

Webb City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Linda Vano wrote:
Is there a difference between Bard composite mesh and the Bard mesh that has been recalled. I have a huge bulge in my side from a hernia repair with Bard Mesh. What are my options??
The mesh that was recalled is duel mesh with ring. There were 6 recalled and 3 factory withdrawn. The three that were factory with drawn were relabled as new redesigned. I received one of the new redesigned and they are still on the market today.

With that said. The judge for the MDL in Rhoad Island has allowed all duel mesh with ring that has the same design. Recalled withdrawn or still in use. There are at least thirty different kind of duel mesh with and without a ring.

Now I have learned the lawyers are not persuing perfex with plug. I am not sure where it leaves some of us. I had A kugel mesh with ring so I am still involved in the MDl but I am not sure whats going with the three perfex I have. These patches are going to be removed here shortly.

Try contacting Dave Anderson at the miller firm. At 800-882-2525.
justme

Webb City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

steven435 wrote:
the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
Hello Steven435,

The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Steven435,
The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
these are federal trials; im looking for r.i.state trial info.i have fond some info.bard dose not want to give up documentS prior to 2004,they say its to expensive.bard wants the plainiffs [us] to share the expense.the most damning evedense are probobly in these early files???
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

take a look at r.i. state superior courts disisions
justme

Webb City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Hello Steven435,

I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.

In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

justme wrote:
Hello Steven435,
I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.
In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!
justme

Webb City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

I here you Steve435, I read the court doc's and the defendants were order to provide the evidence. The MDL has an order to do so and the State followed the MDL order. As for who is paying for the production of the doc's will be decided at a later date.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS... Steve435...IT IS WHAT YOU WERE WAITING FOR. THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE DOC'S PRIOR TO 2004
I had the same surgery you did in 2008 the kugle patch mangled my vital organs and I had a infection for over a year.
Crazy!! how is that possible my patch was withdrawn and repackaged.
I still have three perfex patches. Not for long though I am going to have abdominal wall reconstruction. My abdomin ripped from one patch to the other.

steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!
torkcommand

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

still know one puts links to xrays that show bad mesh-ring-ect
there has to be at least one

post some xray links

thanks
_____Sandra___MS

Pearl, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Earle Waine wrote:
Richard, i read your coment and I appreciate the feedback.They keep sending me to all these other doctors,and one hernia surgeon saw me for free but had no answers.I have no health ins.so I am pretty much screwed. thanks Earle <quoted text>
You might check with Dr. Kevin Petersen.
He wants patients who don't have any insurance. In fact, he won't take people who do have insurance. I have already tried and he turned me down flat. Anyhow, I've heard that he is really good. Supposed to be one of the best hernia surgeons. He is in Las Vegas.
But go on his website Dr. Kevin Petersen.com . You will find all of the information there.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Does anybody know if I might have a case against my local hospital? I have had stored in the freezer of the pathology lab the Prolene Mesh that was removed in Jan. 2008. Labeled with my name and ph.# and I called every 3 months to tell them I was still around and needed the mesh. It was destroyed 6 months ago. I just found this out Thur. morning 24 hrs after calling the lab. I was hoping on hoping it could be used in a case against Ethicon. Now it is gone. No one tried to contact me and apparently they ignored my last call.I am friggin devestated and pissed about this. But I don't know if I can go a legal route. Any suggestions? Thanx Mucho.......rmh
Anonymous

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

I just had a CT scan and the only thing that showed up on the report was "pelvic stranding." The doctor told me that can mean anything. Has anyone heard this term before?
Richard in Montrose Co

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

tiredofitall12 wrote:
I just had a CT scan and the only thing that showed up on the report was "pelvic stranding." The doctor told me that can mean anything. Has anyone heard this term before?
If you google pelvic sranding and select pelvic STRANDING again to filter out pevic STANDING you will find a couple of sites. The basic item I found is that pelvic stranding or pelvic FAT stranding is a indicator of inflammation. The examples I saw were of appendesitis cases where the appendix was inflamed etc. Check it out hopefully it will answer your questions.......rmh
unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
Does anybody know if I might have a case against my local hospital? I have had stored in the freezer of the pathology lab the Prolene Mesh that was removed in Jan. 2008. Labeled with my name and ph.# and I called every 3 months to tell them I was still around and needed the mesh. It was destroyed 6 months ago. I just found this out Thur. morning 24 hrs after calling the lab. I was hoping on hoping it could be used in a case against Ethicon. Now it is gone. No one tried to contact me and apparently they ignored my last call.I am friggin devestated and pissed about this. But I don't know if I can go a legal route. Any suggestions? Thanx Mucho.......rmh
Hi Richard.In my opinon, this defective mesh is part of your medical records.First do you have an attorney ? Second: If I was you, you need to get in touch with your State Medical Board that over looks all medical complaints, rather it be on a doctor or medical records. From what you stated your x-mesh removal should never been thrown out without your consent. The Lab should of had a file on this. It sounds like someone was to lazy either to look up your record or threw it out to hide something. I'm going to goggle something out, I'll get back to you in few minutes. I'm not sure of the spelling of what I'm thinking of, to maybe helping you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,901 - 3,920 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••