Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8235 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

steven435

Osceola, MO

#4061 Feb 18, 2011
the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
justme

Joplin, MO

#4062 Feb 18, 2011
Linda Vano wrote:
Is there a difference between Bard composite mesh and the Bard mesh that has been recalled. I have a huge bulge in my side from a hernia repair with Bard Mesh. What are my options??
The mesh that was recalled is duel mesh with ring. There were 6 recalled and 3 factory withdrawn. The three that were factory with drawn were relabled as new redesigned. I received one of the new redesigned and they are still on the market today.

With that said. The judge for the MDL in Rhoad Island has allowed all duel mesh with ring that has the same design. Recalled withdrawn or still in use. There are at least thirty different kind of duel mesh with and without a ring.

Now I have learned the lawyers are not persuing perfex with plug. I am not sure where it leaves some of us. I had A kugel mesh with ring so I am still involved in the MDl but I am not sure whats going with the three perfex I have. These patches are going to be removed here shortly.

Try contacting Dave Anderson at the miller firm. At 800-882-2525.
justme

Joplin, MO

#4063 Feb 18, 2011
steven435 wrote:
the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
Hello Steven435,

The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4064 Feb 18, 2011
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Steven435,
The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
these are federal trials; im looking for r.i.state trial info.i have fond some info.bard dose not want to give up documentS prior to 2004,they say its to expensive.bard wants the plainiffs [us] to share the expense.the most damning evedense are probobly in these early files???
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4065 Feb 18, 2011
take a look at r.i. state superior courts disisions
justme

Joplin, MO

#4066 Feb 18, 2011
Hello Steven435,

I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.

In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4067 Feb 18, 2011
justme wrote:
Hello Steven435,
I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.
In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!
justme

Joplin, MO

#4068 Feb 18, 2011
I here you Steve435, I read the court doc's and the defendants were order to provide the evidence. The MDL has an order to do so and the State followed the MDL order. As for who is paying for the production of the doc's will be decided at a later date.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS... Steve435...IT IS WHAT YOU WERE WAITING FOR. THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE DOC'S PRIOR TO 2004
I had the same surgery you did in 2008 the kugle patch mangled my vital organs and I had a infection for over a year.
Crazy!! how is that possible my patch was withdrawn and repackaged.
I still have three perfex patches. Not for long though I am going to have abdominal wall reconstruction. My abdomin ripped from one patch to the other.

steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!
torkcommand

Houston, MN

#4069 Feb 19, 2011
still know one puts links to xrays that show bad mesh-ring-ect
there has to be at least one

post some xray links

thanks
_____Sandra___MS

Brandon, MS

#4070 Feb 22, 2011
Earle Waine wrote:
Richard, i read your coment and I appreciate the feedback.They keep sending me to all these other doctors,and one hernia surgeon saw me for free but had no answers.I have no health ins.so I am pretty much screwed. thanks Earle <quoted text>
You might check with Dr. Kevin Petersen.
He wants patients who don't have any insurance. In fact, he won't take people who do have insurance. I have already tried and he turned me down flat. Anyhow, I've heard that he is really good. Supposed to be one of the best hernia surgeons. He is in Las Vegas.
But go on his website Dr. Kevin Petersen.com . You will find all of the information there.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4071 Feb 23, 2011
Does anybody know if I might have a case against my local hospital? I have had stored in the freezer of the pathology lab the Prolene Mesh that was removed in Jan. 2008. Labeled with my name and ph.# and I called every 3 months to tell them I was still around and needed the mesh. It was destroyed 6 months ago. I just found this out Thur. morning 24 hrs after calling the lab. I was hoping on hoping it could be used in a case against Ethicon. Now it is gone. No one tried to contact me and apparently they ignored my last call.I am friggin devestated and pissed about this. But I don't know if I can go a legal route. Any suggestions? Thanx Mucho.......rmh
Anonymous

Casa Grande, AZ

#4072 Feb 23, 2011
I just had a CT scan and the only thing that showed up on the report was "pelvic stranding." The doctor told me that can mean anything. Has anyone heard this term before?
Richard in Montrose Co

Littleton, CO

#4073 Feb 23, 2011
tiredofitall12 wrote:
I just had a CT scan and the only thing that showed up on the report was "pelvic stranding." The doctor told me that can mean anything. Has anyone heard this term before?
If you google pelvic sranding and select pelvic STRANDING again to filter out pevic STANDING you will find a couple of sites. The basic item I found is that pelvic stranding or pelvic FAT stranding is a indicator of inflammation. The examples I saw were of appendesitis cases where the appendix was inflamed etc. Check it out hopefully it will answer your questions.......rmh
unknown

AOL

#4074 Feb 24, 2011
Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
Does anybody know if I might have a case against my local hospital? I have had stored in the freezer of the pathology lab the Prolene Mesh that was removed in Jan. 2008. Labeled with my name and ph.# and I called every 3 months to tell them I was still around and needed the mesh. It was destroyed 6 months ago. I just found this out Thur. morning 24 hrs after calling the lab. I was hoping on hoping it could be used in a case against Ethicon. Now it is gone. No one tried to contact me and apparently they ignored my last call.I am friggin devestated and pissed about this. But I don't know if I can go a legal route. Any suggestions? Thanx Mucho.......rmh
Hi Richard.In my opinon, this defective mesh is part of your medical records.First do you have an attorney ? Second: If I was you, you need to get in touch with your State Medical Board that over looks all medical complaints, rather it be on a doctor or medical records. From what you stated your x-mesh removal should never been thrown out without your consent. The Lab should of had a file on this. It sounds like someone was to lazy either to look up your record or threw it out to hide something. I'm going to goggle something out, I'll get back to you in few minutes. I'm not sure of the spelling of what I'm thinking of, to maybe helping you.
unknown

AOL

#4075 Feb 24, 2011
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard.In my opinon, this defective mesh is part of your medical records.First do you have an attorney ? Second: If I was you, you need to get in touch with your State Medical Board that over looks all medical complaints, rather it be on a doctor or medical records. From what you stated your x-mesh removal should never been thrown out without your consent. The Lab should of had a file on this. It sounds like someone was to lazy either to look up your record or threw it out to hide something. I'm going to goggle something out, I'll get back to you in few minutes. I'm not sure of the spelling of what I'm thinking of, to maybe helping you.
Hey Richard, Goggle this: CO State Medical Record Retention Many different Sites to look at. here is one site I did look at: http://www.scpcf.com/PDF/MLM_RecordRetention0...
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4076 Feb 24, 2011
unknown wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Richard, Goggle this: CO State Medical Record Retention Many different Sites to look at. here is one site I did look at: http://www.scpcf.com/PDF/MLM_RecordRetention0...
Thanks much for your reply. I have contacted a local lawyer and will see what happens. As far as the mesh being medical "records", I am nopt to sure in reading the statutes that it would be classified as such. But we shall see and I will let you know how it goes. I talked to the lady I have talked to for the past 2 1/2 years and she admitted that the pkg with my mesh was clearly marked "DO NOT THROW AWAY". It had my name and ph #. She does not know why it was tossed. She saids that she would write a letter for me that states that it was their fault that I no longer have the mesh. What a mess. In talking with a few folks, I may be banging my head against a wall because of statute of limitations. My thoughts are that if their was a differant type of case other than a product liability my mesh could be "helpful". Again, we shall see.
Ms Mesh

Lewisville, TX

#4077 Feb 24, 2011
Regarding MRI's and other methods of "looking" at the mesh...the mesh is not detectable by scanning - remember you get scanned with your clothes on and this is cloth, i.e. it does not show up.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4078 Feb 24, 2011
Ms Mesh wrote:
Regarding MRI's and other methods of "looking" at the mesh...the mesh is not detectable by scanning - remember you get scanned with your clothes on and this is cloth, i.e. it does not show up.
The only thing that the MRI will pick up is the tissue mass around the mesh or possibly the inflammation and (hey I get to use this again!) the fat stranding. I had a sonogram at one time during all this mesh crap I've been dealing with and that gave a pretty good view. You can see blood flow or loss of it and mass. From that you can have, at least in my case, a better view of what may be happening.
MarlexMan uno nut

United States

#4079 Feb 25, 2011
Starting with Inhuman doctors to the no-responsibility Ins companys to the unconsciencable Device Manufactures. I lost my job,then health ins,then house,my girlfriend,money,friends,abili ty to do anything , severly affected,my sociability,and finally my sanity from a life for the last ten years is totally pain ridden.HEY ANYBODY GUESS. WHY NOT DOCTORS WONT EVEN READ MRI I FINALLY GOT AFTER 8 YRS. Believe me when i say "SEPTIC EPISODE" IS THE ABOVE I HAVE LISTED DREAM SYMPTON FOR US ALL.
Jason

United States

#4080 Feb 28, 2011
My hernia repair healed in six weeks and then I proceded to exercise after seven weeks making great progress. I lift weights and ride my bicycicle 15 to 20 mi. 4 to 5 days per week. Then, while repairing a license plate, sitting on a curb for 15 min. or so something changed. When I got up I experienced pain that felt like being cut with needles from the inside out. The pain is in my upper abdomen above my left leg and it feels like it is just under the layer of flesh under the skin. It is intermitant and hurts most when I stand up or walk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News States ban kratom supplement over abuse worries May 21 Anonymous 2
News Makeover coming for food nutrition labels May 20 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
what is scale up and post approval changes in s... May 18 Kumaresan 1
News Hawaii Sperm Bank still in business, owner says... (Sep '09) May 17 Joe Balls 29
News Is it time to change how we label 'healthy' food? May 16 Three Days 4
News AZOR Receives FDA Approval For Treatment Of Hig... (Jun '08) May 13 Robert 4
News E-cigarette poisonings skyrocket among young kids May 10 Pete 1
More from around the web