Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8234 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4046 Feb 14, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard all the meshs on the list are in front of the courts in Rhode Island. My law firm is working with US law firms to help our case.Check your mesh and the key to watch for is all composix meshs composed of Polypropylene and ePTFE. One of the next two Bellwether trials is a case with no Pet rings. Get your records and do your own homework.Do not ask Bard / Davol or your hospital they will tell you it was discontinued.Read your pathology report that will tell the truth about the mesh. My case was a cover up and eight years later i proved my story.The Medicare system did not work for me.Hope this helps you and others.
Thanx for the response Blair. I have been dealing with mesh problems for 5 years now. My first implant was the Ethicon Prolene mesh that caused all sorts of problems and was finally taken out and because of the amount of damage blah blah I was implanted with a Kugel Patch. I will find out today what that was..My pathology report from the removal of the Prolene states without any preamble that it was the mesh that had caused all the damage.
wolf99

AOL

#4047 Feb 14, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard all the meshs on the list are in front of the courts in Rhode Island. My law firm is working with US law firms to help our case.Check your mesh and the key to watch for is all composix meshs composed of Polypropylene and ePTFE. One of the next two Bellwether trials is a case with no Pet rings. Get your records and do your own homework.Do not ask Bard / Davol or your hospital they will tell you it was discontinued.Read your pathology report that will tell the truth about the mesh. My case was a cover up and eight years later i proved my story.The Medicare system did not work for me.Hope this helps you and others.
HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4048 Feb 14, 2011
wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text> HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Wolf99 that is the Million Dollar guestion nobody can answer.Guess who bought the shower curtains and guess who is still using Polypropylene and ePTFE in their meshs.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4049 Feb 16, 2011
wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text> HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Hey there Wolf99....I'll go back to one of your posts.....ITS ALL ABOUT THE M O N E Y! Not finding the right stuff or helping people its the bottum line its the M O N E Y! Hope you are well. Myself? Tired, sick and in pain....just like most of the people on this site. I need to see some retribution. Because anything else is lip service.........rmh
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

#4050 Feb 16, 2011
Hello Blair....My Bard Kugel Hernia Patch Small Oval 8cmx11.76cm/3"x4.6" Ref 0010101 Lot HURF1535 was implanted on Jan. 7 2008 is this one of the products under investigation or probable recall? Let me know....Thanks Much for your time.........rmh
justme

Joplin, MO

#4052 Feb 16, 2011
Hello Richard,

From my understanding any dule mesh with ring made by davol is allowed on the mdl in Rhoad Island. I was also informed that they are not going to do the pefex with plugs in the next round of belweather trial.

I have claim in the Rhoad Island for the kugel patch but know I have to find a lawyer for the other three perfex patches.

This is a little upsetting I wounder if they are selling out the people with perflex to settle the kugle case. I have both laywer said to be happy that I had a Kugel patch most people have no onw to go after.

Now I cant be happy that I had any type of mesh. the kugle patch just about killed me befor it was removed. And I just learned why I no longer have the tearing sensation. I thought the pain medicine was working.. Wrong. I dont feel the tearing any more because there is nothing left to tear. Cat scan showes I tore across my abdomin from the perflex patch on the rignt to the preflex patch on the left and up the right side and a little up the left side I have alomost a full circle around my abdomin. Ok i guss I can be happy the kugel patch in the center was taken out and the hernia was repaired. I am not Happy I just say the surgon I have to have Abdominal wall Reconstruction surgry. Anybody have this done. I know it is complex. that is all I know.

Does any body know who is handelling pefles patches made by davol.

I was told we ae getting update letters...has any body received there letters yet. I hope we are not expected to sing off on the perflex in order to receive a settlement on our kugel patches.
____Sandra___MS

Madison, MS

#4054 Feb 16, 2011
hurt 4ever by bard wrote:
how in the world was BARD able to sell mesh products that had never been tested on humans?
how is this even allowed by any kind of laws in any lands?
To: hurt by bard----have you contacted any attorneys yet?
I can get a couple of numbers you can call to see if they might represent you if you would like to call them. I don't have the numbers in front of me now, I will have to look them up but I will give them to you if you are interested! I'm checking with one now for some mesh that is giving me H--l. It costs so much money to get it removed and most really good surgeons will not accept medicare.
Linda

Houston, TX

#4055 Feb 16, 2011
anyone wrote:
Has this mesh been used for bladder suspension surgies. They had to go in there and repair it, but I do not feel right. Sometime when I empty my bladder it a little blood comes out toilet paper. My regular doctor said I hd a bladder infection but pencillin has not worked.
Yes it is the same mesh and I have had a terrible time since having TVT bladder sling surgery almost one year ago. If you are still wondering about it, write again and I'll tell you more.
Earle Waine

Sebring, FL

#4056 Feb 17, 2011
Richard, i read your coment and I appreciate the feedback.They keep sending me to all these other doctors,and one hernia surgeon saw me for free but had no answers.I have no health ins.so I am pretty much screwed. thanks Earle
Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Earle....what most likely has happened is nerve entrapment. The pain most likely is on the same side as the hernia surgery. When you have an inguinal type of hernia surgery the mesh is literally "stapled" into place. Because of the way the mesh is implanted along side the inguinal nerve( I would say tube but there is probably a great technical name for it)it ends up putting pressure on that nerve"tube". Do you have pain that seems to be all the way to your lower back around the hip bone? If you do that is a very distinct indicator of pressure or possibly damage to the inguinal nerve "tube".The "tube" actually comes through the hole in your hip fromyour spine and goes then toward your groin. Go to the hospital where you had the surgery and request the surgical report WITH all of the products that were used on you during surgery. This will include the saline solutions, stich type AND what mesh product was used. If it is NOT on that report...FIND THE PRODUCT LOG. Unfortunately my friend you may have just joined the rest of us lab rats. There is a very good possibility that your mesh is contracting and twisting as it did with me. IF this is the case..And I mean IF...Do you have a constant burning or itching around the surgical area? Is there a sudden "grabbing" feeling as you stand up? Is there hyper-sensitivity of the skin around the surgical site? Are you having digestive problems? Fevers? Pain when urinateing? These are a few of the symptoms of what is now called Meshoma. Your body is having a reaction to the mesh or the mesh is contracting/twisting or both as was my case. Let me know. Stay in touch and PLEASE, PLEASE don't get frustrated. You are not alone. If you read previous pages of this blog you will find that there are many types of mesh out there and just as many uses. Unfortunately ( are you seeing a pattern here?) if you are having these problems and they are getting worse you will most likely have to get that mesh removed. IT WILL NOT BE EASY. Sorry that I do not have better news for you at this time. You can contact me @ [email protected] and I will get you as much info as I can. Best Wishes......rmh
Blair

Montague, Canada

#4057 Feb 17, 2011
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
After a little more checking it says all Davol hernia patchs with pet rings. Make the phone call. Yours is made by Davol with a Pet ring.( Memory recoil ring )
Contact # at bottom of article.

http://www.motleyrice.com/medical-devices/kug...
Blair

Beresford, Canada

#4058 Feb 18, 2011
Read to understand the different meshs.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/More+pain+for+h...
Linda Vano

AOL

#4060 Feb 18, 2011
Is there a difference between Bard composite mesh and the Bard mesh that has been recalled. I have a huge bulge in my side from a hernia repair with Bard Mesh. What are my options??
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4061 Feb 18, 2011
the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
justme

Joplin, MO

#4062 Feb 18, 2011
Linda Vano wrote:
Is there a difference between Bard composite mesh and the Bard mesh that has been recalled. I have a huge bulge in my side from a hernia repair with Bard Mesh. What are my options??
The mesh that was recalled is duel mesh with ring. There were 6 recalled and 3 factory withdrawn. The three that were factory with drawn were relabled as new redesigned. I received one of the new redesigned and they are still on the market today.

With that said. The judge for the MDL in Rhoad Island has allowed all duel mesh with ring that has the same design. Recalled withdrawn or still in use. There are at least thirty different kind of duel mesh with and without a ring.

Now I have learned the lawyers are not persuing perfex with plug. I am not sure where it leaves some of us. I had A kugel mesh with ring so I am still involved in the MDl but I am not sure whats going with the three perfex I have. These patches are going to be removed here shortly.

Try contacting Dave Anderson at the miller firm. At 800-882-2525.
justme

Joplin, MO

#4063 Feb 18, 2011
steven435 wrote:
the trials in state court are to start this mo. any body out ther have any way to check on this.all i can find on the state level is general info.
Hello Steven435,

The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4064 Feb 18, 2011
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Steven435,
The 3rd belweather trial is suspose to start in May.However, the orginal 3rd belweather trial settled out of court on the eve of the trial. This could happen again and again. In any event there were some rulings last week that is favorable to us. Davol has to turn over... ALL MESH VICTIMS adverse event complaints to our side to use in the up comming belweather trial.
I presume this kind of information will put alot of pressurs on davol. I know I filed a complaint with davol and the FDA. How many of you out there filed a complaint with davol or the FDA.
How I understand this is all of our complaints are know evidence in the next belweather trial. There Is alot of us and the number is still climbing. Those of you that have not filed an adverse event should do so.
these are federal trials; im looking for r.i.state trial info.i have fond some info.bard dose not want to give up documentS prior to 2004,they say its to expensive.bard wants the plainiffs [us] to share the expense.the most damning evedense are probobly in these early files???
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4065 Feb 18, 2011
take a look at r.i. state superior courts disisions
justme

Joplin, MO

#4066 Feb 18, 2011
Hello Steven435,

I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.

In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
steven435

Osceola, MO

#4067 Feb 18, 2011
justme wrote:
Hello Steven435,
I am not sure how these federal and state trials are interwined. However, My update letter said Judge Gibney (State Court) ruled davol to turn over all mesh victims adverse event. And the next belweather trial is in May (federal). I think some cases are being filed in the state and some in federal it is an MDL I have no clue how the lawyers determin were to file the claims.
In any event I think once Davol release the documents it will be a public record. what do you think
we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!
justme

Joplin, MO

#4068 Feb 18, 2011
I here you Steve435, I read the court doc's and the defendants were order to provide the evidence. The MDL has an order to do so and the State followed the MDL order. As for who is paying for the production of the doc's will be decided at a later date.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS... Steve435...IT IS WHAT YOU WERE WAITING FOR. THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE DOC'S PRIOR TO 2004
I had the same surgery you did in 2008 the kugle patch mangled my vital organs and I had a infection for over a year.
Crazy!! how is that possible my patch was withdrawn and repackaged.
I still have three perfex patches. Not for long though I am going to have abdominal wall reconstruction. My abdomin ripped from one patch to the other.

steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>we need every document to be public!!i have a spesial interest i these early records,i was impanted with kugel mesk on 8-26-03 i was in the emergency room 56 days later with a severe infection the mesh had to be removed from my small intesten.i want all the info. we can get!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Movie's Ads Protest Rules Aimed at Gay Men Dona... 19 min Jenkins 3
News Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) Sat Moodyb 662
News FDA advisors give a thumbs-up to GlaxoSmithKlin... Sep 14 CONFLICT of INTEREST 1
News Elizabeth Warren Calls For BAN On Menthol Cigar... Sep 10 Chivapes 181
News US senators call on FDA to ban sale of menthol ... Aug 27 ARYAN POWER 14
News NUCYNTA(TM) (tapentadol) CII Immediate Release ... (Jul '09) Aug '17 Octapussy4546 7
News Appalachian congressmen ask FDA to reclassify O... (May '07) Aug '17 Viking Power 38
More from around the web