Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 195)

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sue

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

The following are the Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch batches affected by the recall:
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Extra Large Oval, 8.7" x 10.7", all lot numbers
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Extra Large Oval, 10.8" x 13.7", all lot numbers
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Extra Large Oval, 7.7" x 9.7", all lot numbers
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Oval, 6.3" x 12.3", all lot numbers
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Large Oval, 5.4" x 7", lot numbers 41*L****, 41*M****, 41*N****, 43*L****, 43*M****, 43*N****
Bard® Composix® Kugel® Large Circle, 4.5", lot numbers 41*L****, 41*M****, 41*N****, 43*L****, 43*M****, 43*N****
Since the Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Recall has started, potential clients should know that a Class 1 Recall is the most serious health alert the FDA can employ. It defines risk of a product and means that there is a "reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to a product will cause serious injury or death."
OJDeC

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

XBOXKIDS wrote:
MY HUSBAND HAD HERNIA SURGERY IN APRIL 98.
FOR THE LAST 2/3 MONTHS HE HAS HAD A LOT OF PAIN AND BURNING IN THE LOWER PART OF HIS ABDOMINAL I WAS WONDERING IF THIS COULD BE SOME OF THE SYMPTONS?
I had hernia surgery in August 1999. I been having the same problems with pain, burning & swelling in my lower abdominal. The dual mesh that was implanted in me was the Gore-Tex.
OJDeC

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

I had hernia surgery in August 1999. I been having the same problems with pain, burning & swelling in my lower abdominal. The dual mesh that was implanted in me was the Gore-Tex.
OJDeC

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

I had hernia surgery in August 1999. I been having problems with pain, burning & swelling in my lower abdominal. The dual mesh that was implanted in me was the Gore-Tex.
Has anyone else experienced this problems with this particular mesh?
steven435

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

wolf99 wrote:
It's called money talks Bull S--T walks!
good news ,judge lisi is not going to let bard have a new trial on the thourpe verdict.go to motley rice site and read the artical.
Blair

Montague, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

steven435 wrote:
<quoted text>good news ,judge lisi is not going to let bard have a new trial on the thourpe verdict.go to motley rice site and read the artical.
Thanks for the update Steven. Artical below

http://www.motleyrice.com/news/view/no-new-tr...
Ms Mesh

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

anyone wrote:
Has this mesh been used for bladder suspension surgies. They had to go in there and repair it, but I do not feel right. Sometime when I empty my bladder it a little blood comes out toilet paper. My regular doctor said I hd a bladder infection but pencillin has not worked.
Yes mesh is used for bladder suspension surgeries - and one was deemed a failure in 2008. Keep googling, there are several good doctors who can help with the removal/pain.
Earle Waine

Sebring, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

I had inguinal hernia mesh repair in june,and have been experiencing testicle pain ever since.This whole procedure has been an absolute nightmare.I am a carpenter,and am having great difficulty doing my work.Before I was struggling to make a living,now I am screwed and I am NOT getting any answers. Thanks Earle Waine
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Earle Waine wrote:
I had inguinal hernia mesh repair in june,and have been experiencing testicle pain ever since.This whole procedure has been an absolute nightmare.I am a carpenter,and am having great difficulty doing my work.Before I was struggling to make a living,now I am screwed and I am NOT getting any answers. Thanks Earle Waine
Hey there Earle....what most likely has happened is nerve entrapment. The pain most likely is on the same side as the hernia surgery. When you have an inguinal type of hernia surgery the mesh is literally "stapled" into place. Because of the way the mesh is implanted along side the inguinal nerve( I would say tube but there is probably a great technical name for it)it ends up putting pressure on that nerve"tube". Do you have pain that seems to be all the way to your lower back around the hip bone? If you do that is a very distinct indicator of pressure or possibly damage to the inguinal nerve "tube".The "tube" actually comes through the hole in your hip fromyour spine and goes then toward your groin. Go to the hospital where you had the surgery and request the surgical report WITH all of the products that were used on you during surgery. This will include the saline solutions, stich type AND what mesh product was used. If it is NOT on that report...FIND THE PRODUCT LOG. Unfortunately my friend you may have just joined the rest of us lab rats. There is a very good possibility that your mesh is contracting and twisting as it did with me. IF this is the case..And I mean IF...Do you have a constant burning or itching around the surgical area? Is there a sudden "grabbing" feeling as you stand up? Is there hyper-sensitivity of the skin around the surgical site? Are you having digestive problems? Fevers? Pain when urinateing? These are a few of the symptoms of what is now called Meshoma. Your body is having a reaction to the mesh or the mesh is contracting/twisting or both as was my case. Let me know. Stay in touch and PLEASE, PLEASE don't get frustrated. You are not alone. If you read previous pages of this blog you will find that there are many types of mesh out there and just as many uses. Unfortunately ( are you seeing a pattern here?) if you are having these problems and they are getting worse you will most likely have to get that mesh removed. IT WILL NOT BE EASY. Sorry that I do not have better news for you at this time. You can contact me @ rm.howden@hotmail.com and I will get you as much info as I can. Best Wishes......rmh
Blair

Stratford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Please note they are fighting recalled and non recalled meshs.Get your medical records and check with a Kugel mesh lawyer to see if you are on the list. Don't ask Bard/Davol because you will not get the right answer.Do your own homework. See list below.

The devices are often referred to as the "Kugel Patch" and other terms such as the "Kugel Mesh". The federal Multi-District Litigation court assigned to oversee the consolidated claims has announced that it will hear hernia mesh and patch lawsuits involving both recalled and non-recalled devices manufactured by C.R. Bard, Inc., and Davol, Inc., including the following:

-All nine (9) models of Bard ComposiX Kugel Mesh Hernia Patches (Product Codes 0010201 through 0010209)

-All other Davol hernia patches with PET rings, including the Bard Kugel Hernia Patch; Bard VentraleX Hernia Patch; Bard CK Parastomal Patch; and Bard Modified Kugel™ Patch

-Other Davol hernia meshes composed of layers of polypropylene and ePTFE, including the Bard Composix E/X Mesh.
LARC

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

hi everyone instead of looking at this so called recall list of one type of mesh we should start are own showing that there are many different types that are causing problems. this would help the people involved and the ones already in lawsuits, maybe even the courts.

something like this

larc bilateral inguinal hernia 2000 prolene marlex

if we do this on this site it is public information and can be helpful to all of us
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

Judged:

LARC wrote:
hi everyone instead of looking at this so called recall list of one type of mesh we should start are own showing that there are many different types that are causing problems. this would help the people involved and the ones already in lawsuits, maybe even the courts.
something like this
larc bilateral inguinal hernia 2000 prolene marlex
if we do this on this site it is public information and can be helpful to all of us
Larc, This so called list of one type of mesh is the one before the courts. The reason for posting the list is to help people understand their is more to this mesh than Pet rings. Their is a lot of people on this site who were implanted with Bard Composix Mesh and Bard Composix EX Mesh that are in front of the courts and a lot of people who don't understand the differences. Lots of different types of mesh products that people are having reactions from and should be listed to help others not fall into the nightmare storys of patients who can not turn the clock back.
Richard in Montrose Co

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Larc, This so called list of one type of mesh is the one before the courts. The reason for posting the list is to help people understand their is more to this mesh than Pet rings. Their is a lot of people on this site who were implanted with Bard Composix Mesh and Bard Composix EX Mesh that are in front of the courts and a lot of people who don't understand the differences. Lots of different types of mesh products that people are having reactions from and should be listed to help others not fall into the nightmare storys of patients who can not turn the clock back.
My one question on this concerning the Bard Mesh is.....Does this affect ONLY Canada? Does this ruling extend to the U.S. or are we looking at a test case to "hopefully" be heard in the U.S. I will check to see what Kugel was implanted in me and see where it goes. Thanks Mucho.......rmh
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Richard in Montrose Co wrote:
<quoted text>My one question on this concerning the Bard Mesh is.....Does this affect ONLY Canada? Does this ruling extend to the U.S. or are we looking at a test case to "hopefully" be heard in the U.S. I will check to see what Kugel was implanted in me and see where it goes. Thanks Mucho.......rmh
Richard all the meshs on the list are in front of the courts in Rhode Island. My law firm is working with US law firms to help our case.Check your mesh and the key to watch for is all composix meshs composed of Polypropylene and ePTFE. One of the next two Bellwether trials is a case with no Pet rings. Get your records and do your own homework.Do not ask Bard / Davol or your hospital they will tell you it was discontinued.Read your pathology report that will tell the truth about the mesh. My case was a cover up and eight years later i proved my story.The Medicare system did not work for me.Hope this helps you and others.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard all the meshs on the list are in front of the courts in Rhode Island. My law firm is working with US law firms to help our case.Check your mesh and the key to watch for is all composix meshs composed of Polypropylene and ePTFE. One of the next two Bellwether trials is a case with no Pet rings. Get your records and do your own homework.Do not ask Bard / Davol or your hospital they will tell you it was discontinued.Read your pathology report that will tell the truth about the mesh. My case was a cover up and eight years later i proved my story.The Medicare system did not work for me.Hope this helps you and others.
Thanx for the response Blair. I have been dealing with mesh problems for 5 years now. My first implant was the Ethicon Prolene mesh that caused all sorts of problems and was finally taken out and because of the amount of damage blah blah I was implanted with a Kugel Patch. I will find out today what that was..My pathology report from the removal of the Prolene states without any preamble that it was the mesh that had caused all the damage.
wolf99

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text> HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Wolf99 that is the Million Dollar guestion nobody can answer.Guess who bought the shower curtains and guess who is still using Polypropylene and ePTFE in their meshs.
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

wolf99 wrote:
<quoted text> HI Blair. On reading your Quote or posting. Interest in your comment on the Polypropylene and ePTFE. On reading this ; Ok wasn't it just last summer that their was problems with leakage of these in water bottles. Plus problems with Shower curtains? I maybe wrong about the chemicals, but the point is those products were very soon afterwards, pulled off shelves and were remade of different chems. So now why is it taking so long for meshes tobe brought to the front burner faster?
Hey there Wolf99....I'll go back to one of your posts.....ITS ALL ABOUT THE M O N E Y! Not finding the right stuff or helping people its the bottum line its the M O N E Y! Hope you are well. Myself? Tired, sick and in pain....just like most of the people on this site. I need to see some retribution. Because anything else is lip service.........rmh
Richard in Montrose Co

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Hello Blair....My Bard Kugel Hernia Patch Small Oval 8cmx11.76cm/3"x4.6" Ref 0010101 Lot HURF1535 was implanted on Jan. 7 2008 is this one of the products under investigation or probable recall? Let me know....Thanks Much for your time.........rmh
justme

Webb City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Hello Richard,

From my understanding any dule mesh with ring made by davol is allowed on the mdl in Rhoad Island. I was also informed that they are not going to do the pefex with plugs in the next round of belweather trial.

I have claim in the Rhoad Island for the kugel patch but know I have to find a lawyer for the other three perfex patches.

This is a little upsetting I wounder if they are selling out the people with perflex to settle the kugle case. I have both laywer said to be happy that I had a Kugel patch most people have no onw to go after.

Now I cant be happy that I had any type of mesh. the kugle patch just about killed me befor it was removed. And I just learned why I no longer have the tearing sensation. I thought the pain medicine was working.. Wrong. I dont feel the tearing any more because there is nothing left to tear. Cat scan showes I tore across my abdomin from the perflex patch on the rignt to the preflex patch on the left and up the right side and a little up the left side I have alomost a full circle around my abdomin. Ok i guss I can be happy the kugel patch in the center was taken out and the hernia was repaired. I am not Happy I just say the surgon I have to have Abdominal wall Reconstruction surgry. Anybody have this done. I know it is complex. that is all I know.

Does any body know who is handelling pefles patches made by davol.

I was told we ae getting update letters...has any body received there letters yet. I hope we are not expected to sing off on the perflex in order to receive a settlement on our kugel patches.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,881 - 3,900 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••