FDA Approves Wearable Electrotherapy ...

FDA Approves Wearable Electrotherapy Device for Back Pain [VIDEO]

There are 1 comment on the Mashable story from Aug 31, 2012, titled FDA Approves Wearable Electrotherapy Device for Back Pain [VIDEO]. In it, Mashable reports that:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved over-the-counter sale of the Hollywog WiTouch device, targeting back pain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mashable.

Bill Yancey

Orange Park, FL

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Just because the FDA has approved a device does not mean the device is effective. Statistically TENS units, acupuncture, and traction devices devices have no more effect on back pain than placebos. They are also FDA approved. Patients with pain are easily duped by snake oil salesmen. Do some research first to find out what really works.

whatyourdoctor dot blogspot dot com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food and Drug Administration Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appalachian congressmen ask FDA to reclassify O... (May '07) 9 hr Trailer Park deme... 35
News CDC panel again advises against FluMist Jun 22 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Study finds potential mechanism for BCG vaccine... Jun 11 Suspicious 1
News Guidelines for when food goes bad (Jul '15) Jun 1 indict DENNIS ROSS 3
News Crest Pro-Health Rinse Draws Complaints (May '08) May '17 MplsRose 653
News FDA approves first new drug for ALS treatment i... May '17 Connie Filkins 1
News U.S. House bill would exempt e-cigarettes from ... May '17 07 Mustang 13
More from around the web